• Race: Human

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Race: Qunari

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • I will not be buying Dragon Age: Inquisition

Votes: 9 25.7%

• Total voters
Dragon Age: Inquisition

Will you be playing Dragon Age Inquisition?
If so what will your first Inquisitor be?

?????
For some reason the votes are NOT matching the options in the poll - and I have no clue how to fix or delete the poll.

Last edited:
Will you be playing Dragon Age Inquisition?
If so what will your first Inquisitor be?

?????
For some reason the votes are NOT matching the options in the poll - and I have no clue how to fix or delete the poll.

You may need a "Not playing YET" option.
Very, very interested in this, but waiting to see a lot more feedback first. Maybe in six months.

Yeah I voted Human Warrior... and from what I can see it added the votes of Elf and Qunari... which... is strange. XD

Anywho... I always play human in games if possible, and I always play warrior if possible to (preferably with a one handed sword, some heavy armour, and a shield... Knights are after all my favorit types of warriors from history, extreamly closelly followed by Vikings).

Last edited:
Voted "I will not be buying Dragon Age: Inquisition".

At least not any time soon (maybe from a bargain bin somewhere down the line). The game just doesn't look or sound very good or interesting and I'm not keen on using Origin when I already have to put up with Steam (and U-Play with a couple of games).

I'm personally quite interested to see how being a Qunari affects things. With the fact that most people fear them and that the Chantry hates them, it has the potential to provide a very different experience from what you might get as a human.

... and I'm not keen on using Origin when I already have to put up with Steam (and U-Play with a couple of games).

That's a big factor to me too (well, not the U-Play part of it. I don't have any Ubisoft games).
I know that Denuvo is PROBABLY not an issue, but there's still that gnawing doubt on whether or not the progeny of an unholy three-way marriage of the pro-consumer cultures in EA, the company that gave us SecuRom and the company that gave us the Sony Rootkit will totally fuck up people's PCs.

That sentence was much too long.

Anyway, waiting and watching.

I probably don't have to worry though as of right now... my computer is to weak according to "can you run it" to play the game anyway... XD I mean I am sure I can play it on some level, but I will probably have to turn everything off or down to minimum... and I might even have to lower the resolution I would run the game on as well... and even then I am not sure if my computer will be able to handle it. XD

When I bought it some 6-7 years ago most parts in it was already on their last lap. 2-3 months after i bought it, for example, the graphics card I use was discontinued. XD

I was going to skip this entirely as DA2 put me off the franchise but then I saw the PC port and was impressed at the effort. Might get it to break in my new PC and give Dragon Age a 2nd chance.

I bought it! I'm looking forward to it! FUN! That's why I play this hobby - fun. Politics I get enough of in real life.

Also, Suzy broke the polllls, Suzy broke the pollllss...

Right now my relationship with the Dragon Age series feels like enabling a teen that is addicted to crack... You cared for him years ago, but you know damn well he's capable of very low things... So when he says to you he's reformed and asks you for $60... You dont really know what to do. :p

I think I'll do what Dragon is planning, watch a couple of Let's Plays (Toegoff and Chris Odd could be) and then decide if Im gonna get it a few months down the line. From what Ive read of the story nothing is on the level of epic RPG greatness, so not really afraid of spoilers.

And regarding the poll, for what Ive been reading of your role, it doesnt really change much what you are; human, Elf, Qunari or hamster...

I, I will play this game and tell you EXACTLY what to do!

For you may trust both my refinement and my perspective. And my honesty. I haven't lied in, like, six whole minutes. Seven. Seven WHOLE minutes.

Look! I'm wearing a suit!

Forum veteran
I don't trust people who wear ties. They're the devil's neckwear.

Good thing I know how Sard's taste translates into mine. If he thinks the game is okay, but with some forgivable flaws, it's an atrocious mess that should be avoided. If he hates it but didn't finish it, that means the game is 10/10 amazing. It's a bit more vague if it made him cry, but I think that means the thing in question involves either cancer or effeminate vampires. Or was Twilight not one of the things that made him cry? My memory is failing me in my advanced age.

Inquisition is on my "maybe" list. Right now Valkyria Chronicles, then Far Cry 4, and then MAYBE Inquisition depending on the user reaction. There are too many good and maybe-good games being released to justify buying such a questionable title day-one.

If he hates it but didn't finish it, that means the game is 10/10 amazing..

Ah, yes, the genius that was Duke Nukem Forever. 10/10 amazing you say? Although I didn't hate it - I don't think I've ever really hated any game - I just thought it was pretty bad.

What else...hmmm...I thought Remember Me, your favourite game ever, was okay with some flaws.

I thought Vampire Bloodlines was amazing with some flaws. There are some effeminate vampires there.

As a reviewer, I do lack a certain hipster snobbery, it's true. There must be some kind of implant I can buy?

Far Cry 4 is on my "eventually when it's cheap list".

VC looks boring and old. I nearly fell asleep reading a review of it.

I'm getting Far Cry 4 for free with my GPU next month so whether it's good or not I'm stuck with it :p

As for Dragon Age I'm still skeptical of course but the gameplay I seen on Angry Joe's and Jesse Cox's channels convinced me it might be worth my time. And they at least showed off the PC UI on their own channel which looks good to me.

One concern I do have is why the recommended specs seem so high for a game that doesn't look all that visually impessive imo.

Few critical reviews I've got a glimpse of give an impression that while the game is huuuuge it is also bland and messy, that what is meant to be important drowns in the (quite literal) fluff and generally it is hard to keep a track on what's going on or with whom, and this is dragging the game down and making it feel almost MMOish. Can't say that I'm surprised if that is the case, Bethesda has been plaqued by that for a while already but then they are not really about storytelling in the first place but more about random world simulation and busywork, but I wonder how CDPR will handle this since if I'm not mistaken W3 is going to be even bigger. How'll they maintain coherency and intrigue in a massive world that is bound to be chock full of all kinds of fluff (even with them saying - iirc - they're cutting down on tedious fetch quests).

Oh, and speaking of Dragon Age again, there are these (the opening section of the game):

[video=youtube;W7Y-7gaVtkE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Y-7gaVtkE[/video]

I know they are for parody purposes, but that's what the game looks like and plays like; and... I was reserved about this game, now I'm pretty confident it's not something I'd enjoy playing.

Last edited:
Think will give it a pass.Fan of KOTOR not so much a fan of Bioware anymore.

I was disappointed with Mass Effect.Male shepard had the most boring and flat voice ever. Insipid characters, I did not even finish a quarter of it.

Why does the human council acts so subversient towards the E.T. I'm a human supremacist damnit and this game offends me.

Valkarya chronicles looks like da bomb.

Last edited:
Few critical reviews I've got a glimpse of give an impression that while the game is huuuuge it is also bland and messy, that what is meant to be important drowns in the (quite literal) fluff and generally it is hard to keep a track on what's going on or with whom, and this is dragging the game down and making it feel almost MMOish. Can't say that I'm surprised if that is the case, Bethesda has been plaqued by that for a while already but then they are not really about storytelling in the first place but more about random world simulation and busywork, but I wonder how CDPR will handle this since if I'm not mistaken W3 is going to be even bigger. How'll they maintain coherency and intrigue in a massive world that is bound to be chock full of all kinds of fluff (even with them saying - iirc - they're cutting down on tedious fetch quests).

Bethesda? Your thinking of the wrong company... Bethesda made Skyrim. BioWare made Dragon Age.

It's a pretty huge difference, both company-wise, and gamestyle-wise. Out of those two companies BioWare is definitely the company where story is a BIG thing, and they are good at it to.

Edit: Also... what you calling "mmo'ish" is actually the other way around... mmo's feel cRPG'ish, seeing as mmo's borrowed most of their combat from a lot of different cRPG's. It was/is a pretty common style amongst some of the most popular "realtime" cRPG's... like Balders Gate or Neverwinter Nights for example... which both happends to be games made by Bioware, the creators of Dragon Age. So yeah...

Last edited:
Bethesda? Your thinking of the wrong company... Bethesda made Skyrim. BioWare made Dragon Age.

It's a pretty huge difference, both company-wise, and gamestyle-wise. Out of those two companies BioWare is definitely the company where story is a BIG thing, and they are good at it to.

I meant it as a comparison. Bethesda is said to be (one of) the "biggest" name for big open worlds and even they have these problems, so it doesn't really come as a surprise that Bioware, as a narrative oriented studio, would trip with it too.

Edit: Also... what you calling "mmo'ish" is actually the other way around... mmo's feel cRPG'ish, seeing as mmo's borrowed most of their combat from a lot of different cRPG's. It was/is a pretty common style amongst some of the most popular "realtime" cRPG's... like Balders Gate or Neverwinter Nights for example... which both happends to be games made by Bioware, the creators of Dragon Age. So yeah...

I don't really know since I haven't really followed that scene, but I think this as a criticism has come later down the line with MMO's making a staple of streamlined and grindy busywork that certain audiences tend to hate for how stale such things feel in single player games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom