In game character Perspective!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they make upgraded version of Vampire of Masquerade viewpoint. I liked how they done it, but it can be better, such different shooting from covers, in third person as any third peson shooter but with blind shooting, in first person shooting from cover like in Red Orchestra, you can't see a shit, or with smart gun see what are you shooting, talking the parts when you can't control character, in first person you shoulld feel like you are as one with character, in third person same thing should feel cinematographical, like movie or like Tell Tale newer games.

First person promotes greater immersion in the game.
I do not want to look at the back of my character, I want to be them and see everything as if I was in the game.
Look at the games that are trying to achieve maximum realism and it looks just amazing.

[video=youtube;cir3w-wIx9U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cir3w-wIx9U&list=UUTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA[/video]

[video=youtube;5mOr8-I2H70]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5mOr8-I2H70[/video]

But for people who like to look at your ass, you can come up with a separate module or implant - nano camera you will need to buy the game.
Actually it is planned in the game of Elite: Dangerous. There's only appearance in the first person, but the developers will soon introduce a special camera module, which will look at your ship from the side.
In that case, everything looks logical and realistic.

Sorry for my english.

I note that Star Citizen game chose to ignore physics for the sake of playability in zero-G, equal and opposite reactions.

I note that Star Citizen game chose to ignore physics for the sake of playability in zero-G, equal and opposite reactions.

Hmm? I thought they were incorporating physics into the game. Only reason the clumsy ship handling made any sense-ish to me.

Err..on topic something something?

Weirdly enough, in space sims, I actually prefer the ability to at least look around my ship and preferably over my shoulder if I want, since otherwise it feels very much like I'm flying face-first through outer space. Brrr!

Immersion. Pfff. I feel immersion just fine in TW1 when I explore the caves in those swamps, and on the rooftops in Arkham City. You want FP? Take out martial arts. All of it. It's useless in FP view. So is customization. Free running has gotten much better in FP, look at Dying Light. That's the only hold out here.

First person or third person, as long as neither (both, or which ever is picked) are done at the expense or to the detriment of good RPG (not FPS, not TPS, but RPG) gameplay.

For once I'd like to see and play a game that actually plays to the strengths and intrigues of this genre (especially with all the talk about harkening to the PnP roots) across the board and doesn't cut corners in order to streamline the workings for audiences that are not inherently even interested in RPG's.

We know.

Immersion. Pfff. I feel immersion just fine in TW1 when I explore the caves in those swamps, and on the rooftops in Arkham City. You want FP? Take out martial arts. All of it. It's useless in FP view. So is customization. Free running has gotten much better in FP, look at Dying Light. That's the only hold out here.

As I try to play WoW, I had this thought about customization..we spend a lot of time customizing ourselves in TP games liek WoW, but I rarely, rarely see my front. ALways from the back. Weird, huh?

Anyway, the melee FP thing has to be solved and I'm sure it will be, maybe even by CP2077. After all, real hand to hand id plenty exciting and that's FP as it gets.

FP free running in Mirror's Edge was fantastic.

HTH in Skyrim was actually more enjoyable from a FP perspective, largely because the TP had the character hide much of the action, thus preventing accurate gauging of range. With a weapon, you could more or less gauge, but otherwise I found it counter-intuitive.

If melee is to be included, it needs to have a perspective like Dead or Alive or Sleeping Dogs.

Last edited:

Its tech demo.

Weirdly enough, in space sims, I actually prefer the ability to at least look around my ship and preferably over my shoulder if I want, since otherwise it feels very much like I'm flying face-first through outer space. Brrr!

[video=youtube;7Gx-3iwXvoQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gx-3iwXvoQ&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

[video=youtube;hZ0uGlHMD-8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hZ0uGlHMD-8[/video]

- - - Update - - -

You newby in video games? You play in The Elder Scrolls? I play (Arena, Dagerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim) and I playing only first person.

E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy awesome First person cyberpunk RPG (hacking, psy, melee, stealth etc)

[video=youtube;f-Vcg3G6qKU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-Vcg3G6qKU[/video]

Last edited:
EVE was okay....kinda muddled. A lot muddled.

We've discussed this earlier, but in brief, Elder Scrolls games melee is unsatisfying to most of us - certainly including me.

The thing is melee fighting is looking, and working better in TPP (although there is significant progress made in FPP).

Honorable FPS mention:

Shooting is looking, and working better in FPP (although there is significant progress made in TPP).

Honorable TPP mention:

We have to add other factors like the CP2020/2077 focus on style, and general looks, in which case TPP is more preferable view.

A the end it's a simple choice rather you wanna play like this:

Or this:

Attachments

• 1185152-lakitu__super_mario_64_.jpg
    1185152-lakitu__super_mario_64_.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 74
This back-and-forth is fascinating. Are you both fans of Dak'kon? Know that he was a great character.

Anyway, no love for the clearly superior Isometric view. For shame!

Last edited:
This back-and-forth is fascinating. Are you both fans of Dak'kon? Know that he was a great character.

Anyway, no love for the clearly superior Isometric view. For shame!

I love isometric view! Many of my favorit games sport an isometric (or simmilar view), and many of them some of the original stuff that made me interested in RPG etc. Final Fantasy and Fallout FTW! :D

I don't mind any kind of view really... as long as it fits the gamestyle... or if they did a very good job adding and integrating a view that normally do not fit certain types of games.

TREASON! You have to take a position, Cal, and defend it VIGOUROUSLY.

ALso, full points to @Nars for Jedi Academy. What a great game. Sigh. I feel nostalgia overcoming me. DO you remember that gantry over the cliff you climb out on in Jedi Knight? Or the first time you are in Nar Shadda? Or the train mission in JA? Note, these games looked great in both FPP and TPP.

I miss the past sometimes. WHY DO I NOT HAVE THIS GREATNESS NOW?

Witcher 3, pleeeeease don't fail me. I need at least ONE MORE classic before @blank_redge dies.

TREASON! You have to take a position, Cal, and defend it VIGOUROUSLY.

Heh... I have.

*goes into a speechy type of a voice, with a layer of noice over it that makes it sound like I am speaking through a mic and sound system to the masses*

I have taken the position of that I love games with a certain viewpoint due to various reasons... but that I make it my right to judge a game based on how good it is, rather than what viewpoint it sports... of course viewpoint can factor in if a game is good or not, but it is seldomly the main factor.

I make it my right to get to play good games no matter what their viewpoint is... I make it my right to NOT limit my self because a game happends to sports a viewpoint I might not like for certain types of games. Do I have preferences what I like? Of course I do... but again, I do not wish to limit my self based on those preferences. I choice to embrace and try all, and then decide if the game is for me, I choice to not judge the game by it's viewpoint untill after I have played it for some time, I choice to spread my gametime amongst all viewpoints, I choice to have fun rather than be negative and angry that a game does not follow my preferences.

So if people feel the need to limit the amount of games they can play based on something as small as viewpoint, sure... go right ahead... but know that I, and all of the people like me, will be having loads of more fun then all of you who limit what you play based on viewpoint.

But... if your tired of always being negetive about the games you want having the wrong viewpoint... if your tired of always having to go back playing the same old games, that you love to play and have the viewpoints you like, because you want to get to play new games to with the viewpoint you like... and if your tired of spending a lot of your time on ranting and raving online, in public, and in your own brain, about how unfair it is that your beloved viewpoint seldomly get used in the types of games you want to play... if your just tired of being a glittering gem of hatred... ... ... then join me, join all of us, who get to experience the joy of having fun even outside of our own prefered viewpoint... join all of us who have choicen to have fun and take the games for what they are, rather than try to put them in holes they do not fit in, rather than being sad and angry about things we can not our self change because the developers does not share our own ideals about what a "perfect game" is... So once again, join us, have fun just playing a game no matter what it's view point. And if that game is not to your liking? No big deal, discard it and go on to the next... it's as simple as that... and finally... ...

Do you want to be hypnotized?

All you have to do is move your body
In what ever way feels comfortable for you
Just let yourself sink into the groove
And move

Fix your eyes on a spot
It doesn't matter where
Just fix your eyes on one spot
And begin to relax
Feel your mind and body
Beginning to wind down
Wind down, wind down and relax

If you have any thoughts
Just let them drift through your mind
Like beautiful clouds
Across a clear blue sky
Just through your mind and away from you
Through your mind and away
As you relax
Deeper, deeper and deeper relax
Just let go of stress and tension
Let go of worry and doubt and relax

Imagine a staircase standing in front of you
With ten, wide, safe, stairs
Down, down to a perfect relaxation
Down to peace and contentment
Down towards the happiness that you deserve
And as I count down from ten
Take one step with each number
One step down
10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Deeper, deeper, deeper relax
That's it just let go and relax

You've stolen my heart it's true
You see the shape of things to come
Why give up our lives to the brutes and fools
Tear it all apart
You see the shape of things to come
Why? this now girl
Will we kill each other

Like Adam in chains
I want revenge
Like Adam in chains
I want revenge
Adam in chains

They've broken your heart
Ah yeah, they're gonna tear your world apart
Why make up a lie
And believe it's true
Ah, tear it all apart
I know the shape of things to come
Why this now girl
Will we murder each other

Like Adam in chains
I want revenge
Like Adam in chains
I want revenge
Like Adam in chains
I want revenge
Want revenge

In the mind of a madman
There are colour explosions
An eclipse of emotion

Why tear our world apart
Why tear it all apart
Why tear our world apart girl

EVE was okay....kinda muddled. A lot muddled.

We've discussed this earlier, but in brief, Elder Scrolls games melee is unsatisfying to most of us - certainly including me.

I never much liked the ES melee either, it always seemed to me it was more efficient to grind and just hack n' slash then come up with any semblance of strategy.

If you still play Skyrim, you should try this mod.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy_r6PeDn2c

Changed my view of FPV melee. It's more of a fencing match with this mod. Angles do matter now and it's easier to block in FP for people who like this playstyle. and most of the hits are one/two shot kills at the highest difficulty.

Last edited:
Heh... I have.

*goes into a speechy type of a voice, with a layer of noice over it that makes it sound like I am speaking through a mic and sound system to the masses*

OHMIGOD. It took me like three minutes to scroll up and delete this before replying. VIGOUROUSLY DEFENDED, SIR. Just glad I didn't try to read it. Whew.

I am tempted to alter a few words and post it in other threads, since it's really a "don't-cut-your-nose-off-to-spite-your-face" lesson for everyone. Don't give up something you will otherwise enjoy because of one feature. People. R. Dumb.

If you still play Skyrim, you should try this mod.

Changed my view of FPV melee. It's more of a fencing match with this mod. Angles do matter now and it's easier to block in FP for people who like this playstyle. and most of the hits are one/two shot kills at the highest difficulty.

I did! Duel was okay, I used it for a few weeks, but there was another I liked better. Hmmm. Had smarter NPC AI....other than that, very similar to Duel. Combat Evolved? Hmm. Maybe.

No! Get away from me! You are NOT tempting me to play Skyrim! DAI is out damn soon! I have things to do!

Shadow Warrior and Dishonored have the best FP melee I've personally experienced. Even then, group melee is mostly out. Not sure whether CDPR should include group melee in '77 given the high degree of realism involved. The GTA5 footage and a few other games recently have swayed me on the topic. I mean if Rockstar can do FP that well in a game based on TP mechanics and animations, then CDPR can too, with undeniable much better tech in RED engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom