Dragon Age Keep for The Witcher series.

+

• Total voters

I created an account on Dragon Age Keep yesterday and I was very happy with the experience. I believe a similar "keep" for The Witcher series would be very beneficial.

In the keep, which is a website you can visit here: www.dragonagekeep.com , you are able to customize your story from the previous games in the series.

So instead of having to replay the witcher 1 & 2 multiple times, you'll simply create a save from scratch and edit all the choices in the game. It's like a save-editor. You can create multiple "world-states" and edit every decision in the games be it minor or major, and then import which ever world-state you choose into the witcher 3.

You won't have to look for certain save files that match your desire, or be depressed because you lost your save files or have to replay multiple times to change a minor decision. It's easy and simple, and could be very useful for W3 since our political decisions in W2 could massively affect the game in W3.

BioWare:
"Inside the Keep exists the story of Dragon Age, and through it you’ll relive the adventure with over 300 decisions to choose from. You can customize as much or as little as you want to create the world state you'll start Inquisition with. If you’ve forgotten the plot involved in some of these decisions, we’ve got you covered. Each choice offers context to help jog your memory."

I attached some pics. What do you think? I know it's hard to do such a thing for the soon-coming Witcher 3, but maybe it can be a good project for the future :)

P.S: For some reason the poll is reversed (at least on my browser) so if you choose "yes" your vote will be added to "no".

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 136
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
I tried the Keep and I couldn't remember any of my decision apart from the biggest ones, because there was no context given. I rather replay the games and refresh the story.
CDPR should stay with the savegame import.

Yeah ingame for me, I don't want to be logging on to something else and then having to download that, seems clumsy and apt to be buggy to me. I also think that art style is fucking eye wateringly ugly. You ask me you could make a better ingame sequence like in Kotor 2, where through dialogue you simply and easily outline the major, plot changing decisions you made. After all not all your choices will have consequences that come back to visit you, many will stay in the areas where you made them, or simply not impact the plot.

You could have Vattier De Ridaux delivering intelligence to Emhyr, Yennefer divining the actions of the White Wolf whom the amnesiac Sorceress is strangely interested in, Radovid recieving reports on Geralt, Vesemir searching down his pupil or simply Dandelion telling of his friend in a tavern etcetera.

Last edited:
I tried the Keep and I couldn't remember any of my decision apart from the biggest ones, because there was no context given. I rather replay the games and refresh the story.
CDPR should stay with the savegame import.

It's true that the context they provide is not enough. This can be solved for CDPR by simply providing more context than BioWare. And for me, I remembered 90% of the choices and the rest I just looked up in DA Wiki. I still think it's a good idea, and the best solution would be to keep the savegame import while adding the option of using the keep as well.

---------- Post Merged at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:08 PM ----------

i would prefer it be ingame

Yeah ingame for me, I don't want to be logging on to something else and then having to download that, seems clumsy and apt to be buggy to me. I also think that art style is fucking eye wateringly ugly. You ask me you could make a better ingame sequence like in Kotor 2, where through dialogue you simply and easily outline the major, plot changing decisions you made. After all not all your choices will have consequences that come back to visit you, many will stay in the areas where you made them, or simply not impact the plot.

I agree. Something like Dragon Age Keep, but not necessarily online. An example would be Mass Effect 3 where they ask you about the major decisions you've made in ME1 & ME2 before you start a new game.

Last edited:
I think one of the first posts I made on this board was about how I liked the ME2-style comic book choice select that you could do on the PS version, so I like the idea of letting players 'make' their own saved game quickly, without having to go through the previous titles. I think offering a similar in-game solution for those that don't have saves would be fine. The devs have said that they're looking at ways to provide players with a system like that (and I'm under the impression they want to go with something similar to KOTOR 2,) especially since TW3 is now on platforms that the previous two were never on.

When it comes to a Dragon Age Keep-like way of doing this, I can see some benefits, but it would be nice if making those choices was less tedious, while having more context. I recall having next to no idea about half the choices offered when it came to DA2.

Last edited:
I think one of the first posts I made on this board was about how I liked the ME2-style comic book choice select that you could do on the PS version, so I like the idea of letting players 'make' their own saved game quickly, without having to go through the previous titles. I think offering a similar in-game solution for those that don't have saves would be fine. The devs have said that they're looking at ways to provide players with a system like that (and I'm under the impression they want to go with something similar to KOTOR 2,) especially since TW3 is now on platforms that the previous two were never on.

When it comes to a Dragon Age Keep-like way of doing this, I can see some benefits, but it would be nice if making those choices was less tedious, while having more context. I recall having next to no idea about half the choices offered when it came to DA2.

DA2 has the same effect on me too :p

On topic I haven't tried the keep properly yet but the idea is certainly interesting for a series intended to be long running. However TW3 is the end of a trilogy of games so imo it's not as important.

I know from first-hand experience that BioWare started developing the keep almost 2 years ago. How long would you like us to delay Wild Hunt so it can come with a Keep? ;)

Just kidding. The truth is, I don't think that The Witcher needs a Keep. The DA series does as you play 3 different main characters (the Warden in Origins, Hawke in Part II and now the Inquisitor in Inquisition) whereas in our games you play Geralt. There is also a smaller scope of geography covered in our games compared to the DA series (I think, someone let me know if I am wrong).

Are there choices/story decisions that Geralt made in The Witcher or Assassins of Kings that could impact the world of Wild Hunt? Absolutely. Our team is very aware of this and, for those players who have played the first or second game, we are working on "stuff" that will address this. You'll have to wait and see what we come up with.

But, no, we aren't waiting 2 more years to make Geralt's Keep (or more likely Geralt's Brothel). :)

Regardless of whether TW3 is carrying over a lot of choices from TW2 and 1 or not, such a system (which doesn't have to be as elaborate and could be in game), would help a lot if we lost our save files.

I don't have the time really, to replay TW1 or TW2 to import my choices.

Now of course, I could probably download save files onlines, but I'd rather not have to do that and have it more user friendly.

I think what I've read from CDPR so far sounds better and fitting to the context and style of the witcher. The tutorial sequence where they introduce you to the mechanics of the game could be here similar to the witcher 2 approach but ofc more decision-wise driven.
Idk but what I've imagined is something like this; you go to some place, and then you meet people who will engage in a conversation with you along the lines would be what you have did in the past and then they ask you was is it this or that..then you've several "events" and choices and your choice would be the "decision", you've done in the past. :3 I've imagined it to be like this..idk why.

edit: lol I clicked on the wrong option above. :3

Last edited:
The Dragon Age Keep is a nice idea as they plan to keep using that type of system as they continue to make Dragon Age games.

I though prefer the system to be in game whether it be through importing save games, or in the dialog/tutorial for the people who lost their saves or they are playing on a new platform.

Aye, not much left to say, other than the concept of the Keep in DA has elements that link it with that games general concepts, but it doesn't particularly suit this game or you'd be shoehorning the keep concept around the Witcher game... for why exactly? Something like that isn't the only way to deal with the problem, comics or Bardic verse are perfectly sound and the REDs may even hit us with something of their own devising.

DA:I also has MP features which I'll assume may have some crossover use there, or maybe theres something intrinsic about that game in its characters all hanging out at the mall, point is... why make "a helper tool" for the Witcher that would also force the player online?

I know from first-hand experience that BioWare started developing the keep almost 2 years ago. How long would you like us to delay Wild Hunt so it can come with a Keep? ;)

Just kidding. The truth is, I don't think that The Witcher needs a Keep. The DA series does as you play 3 different main characters (the Warden in Origins, Hawke in Part II and now the Inquisitor in Inquisition) whereas in our games you play Geralt. There is also a smaller scope of geography covered in our games compared to the DA series (I think, someone let me know if I am wrong).

Are there choices/story decisions that Geralt made in The Witcher or Assassins of Kings that could impact the world of Wild Hunt? Absolutely. Our team is very aware of this and, for those players who have played the first or second game, we are working on "stuff" that will address this. You'll have to wait and see what we come up with.

But, no, we aren't waiting 2 more years to make Geralt's Keep (or more likely Geralt's Brothel). :)

So Geralt's brothel it is!

EDIT: Why no? I have my savegames ready. BAM!
Anyway they promised some ingame decision maker so why to bother with something like DA:keep.

Last edited:
Sounds completely useless to me, The Witcher doesn't have world changing decisions like Bioware games (which have their own issues).

No need of such a thing...

If you ask me I think it's just a way for EA to force players to be logged to their accounts... as another way of avoiding piracy (in their tiny heads) and at the same time make the franchise more appealing to younger people who didn't played the older games and/or are lazy enough to played them.

It's a different mind set, even the multiplayer part shows how short headed they are... I prefer my games to be single player and offline... more time to focus on one thing for the devs too...

nah CDPR is too lazy for this they probably won't even give us a classic save game import which means our previous choices won't matter

Top Bottom