Far Cry 4

+
Who plays Far Cry for the story? I mean a nice story is certainly a bonus, and FC3's story was nice and well acted. What really matters tho, is blowing shit up while stabbing alligators to death and shooting bears in the face.

Going by the reviews, FC4 is basically FC3 with slightly upgraded graphics and a few minor gameplay additions, that's fine by me. I loved FC3 so much that I'm 100% okay with just more of the same.

It just seemed to me like that's what people cared about here from the complaints of Ubisoft being out of ideas or making a more flamboyant Vaas boss or whatever. I honestly couldn't care less about any of that. No one plays grand theft auto for story either. Far Cry's like a grand theft auto that's more my speed. Not into bitchslapping whores and prostitutes, but I love bitchslapping tigers and sharks, lololol.

Nah nah I don't play it exclusively for the story, I said I didn't like it so much, that's all, it did not affect my walkthrough, I just didn't give much importance to it.
The story in GTA has more or less the same goal, giving the gameplay more space, but even if it's an excuse like the one from Far Cry 3, I liked it.

I hope I'm clear on that.

Last edited:
The highest graphics preset which includes the Gameworks features is actually called 'Nvidia'. Comes after 'Ultra'. 'Ultra' -> 'Nvidia'. It's so cheesy, I'm fremdschäming.

Last edited:
No one plays grand theft auto for story either.

I know I do.

Well, tonight I played FC4 on PS4...This is the first time I played fps using gamepad...So, a few impressions:
1. playing fps with gamepad is bad
2. recycled FC3-if you liked FC3 you will like this
3. don't drink and play fps using gamepad

Gamepad, is that what pcers call controllers? :p lol. I couldn't imagine playing a First person shooter like this on mouse and keyboard. (not counting doom). Just installed my pc adapter a few hours ago. Had to do a song and dance to get it working right on Windows 8, since Microsoft sucks ass and doesn't have software for adapters with that operating system yet. Works fine though, just annoying to set up. Tomorrow should be fun between this and inquisition.

---------- Updated at 10:30 PM ----------

Kinda miss the feel of opening up the case for a new game though. But I won't miss cleaning discs n' shit. So fair tradeoff.

Gamepad, is that what pcers call controllers? :p lol. I couldn't imagine playing a First person shooter like this on mouse and keyboard. (not counting doom). Just installed my pc adapter a few hours ago. Had to do a song and dance to get it working right on Windows 8, since Microsoft sucks ass and doesn't have software for adapters with that operating system yet. Works fine though, just annoying to set up. Tomorrow should be fun between this and inquisition.

---------- Updated at 10:30 PM ----------

Kinda miss the feel of opening up the case for a new game though. But I won't miss cleaning discs n' shit. So fair tradeoff.

Hmm you prefer playing FPS games with controller? Odd.

I had a friend who would game on a laptop so he'd use a controller to play shooters. If I died I'd spectate him playing and it just looked so odd watching him move and aim like a robot. He swore that using a controller was just as efficient as a mouse and keyboard so I challenged him to a little 1 vs.1 duel. I killed him 52 times and I died one time when I was completely out of ammo and attempting to knife him so I could use his gun and ammo.

Controllers work great for many types of games but shooters definitely are not included in this category; using a controller in an FPS game is a big handicap.

Oh I won't pretend that the controller is more efficient. It quite simply is plain inferior to the mouse and keyboard setup when it comes to aiming and turn speed, even without the key that instantly snap switches your pov from front to back. Controllers just feel more natural (to me), are more comfortable (to me), and it's easier to roleplay with one (to me). I can forget that I'm even using one sometimes.

Controllers are probably more efficient to those who aren't used to gaming on a pc, and that's about it.

Oh I won't pretend that the controller is more efficient. It quite simply is plain inferior to the mouse and keyboard setup when it comes to aiming and turn speed, even without the key that instantly snap switches your pov from front to back. Controllers just feel more natural (to me), are more comfortable (to me), and it's easier to roleplay with one (to me). I can forget that I'm even using one sometimes.

Controllers are probably more efficient to those who aren't used to gaming on a pc, and that's about it.

Makes sense. I like controllers in racing and fighting games but they're just tortuous to use for playing FPS games lol.

I can't speak for everyone else, but my reaction timing's pretty darn good, so aiming with the controller comes easy for me.

I can't speak for everyone else, but my reaction timing's pretty darn good, so aiming with the controller comes easy for me.

My reaction times are also decent which is what makes a controller so frustrating in an FPS game. Controllers are too slow, they can't keep up with my reaction times and executing precise maneuvers feels clunky.

EDIT: just to note; controllers don't feel clunky due to not having experience using them since I've been using controllers, joysticks and also a mouse and keyboard since the 1980's for gaming. Neither control scheme is new to me. The mouse and keyboard is just so much quicker and more accurate, which has a very significant impact on gameplay in any twitch-based game.

Last edited:
Played this for a couple of hours - the prologue and a bit afterwards. Had an unfortunate encounter with an eagle, those sons of bitches are vicious. No elephants yet.

Very positive impressions so far, very similar to FC3, which is, as I've said, a good thing. Basically, FC3, only prettier, refined and expanded, some stuttering issues which I hope to solve by tweaking graphic settings a bit more (my GPU is gtx 780 ti, 3 gb). The game seems gorgeous to me on very high/ultra, then again I'm not particularly picky when it comes to graphics. Some gameplay features were added, like you can climb almost any roof anywhere, not only in designated places. Drop kick was added to melee. And a grapple hook which you use to climb. There are only 2 skill trees agains 3 in FC3 - Tiger (offensive) and Elephant (defensie).

Pagan Ming doesn't seem to be a Vaas redux so far, thank god. Seems perfectly sane, if flamboyant.

They've done away with the whole chosen one/path of the warrior thing. Seems like ajay just picks up a kalashnikov and starts mowing'em down by the batallions and dodging grenades just like that. Which is weird, if you ask me, because he didn't seem to be a particularly well trained/bloodthirsty type when he was riding the unfortunate bus.

How's UPlay DRM for these games? Always on? Account linking? Root kit?

I got a code for a Ubisoft game with my card and 1) don't know if it's worth bothering with uplay 2) don't know whether to try out ACU or this.

How's UPlay DRM for these games? Always on? Account linking? Root kit?

I got a code for a Ubisoft game with my card and 1) don't know if it's worth bothering with uplay 2) don't know whether to try out ACU or this.

Well I've personally never had any problem with Uplay but I know people who've said that it crashes their computers when it's on. It seems to depend on the machine. It has an offline mode, yes and friends lists similar to steam.

Top Bottom