Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
@shinobi2u I shall give him what he deserves. :p

Well, aren't you a tease? ;)

Anyway, I just got back from Belfast. In case you're wondering why I went, my mother wanted to go to the annual Christmas market that happens every November in front of city hall. She just went up to it while I went wandering around the game and book shops. I've got a couple of photos if you guys want to see them. I'll post them later as I've just got a craving for some toast! :lol:

I hate it that night falls so early, this time of the year. One thing I hate about winter and not snowing. It never snows here. So I guess I hate every winter. :(

I don't like winter at all. I was going to write "hate" but I suppose that's not really true either :p

I don't know if I'm the only one who has this (I think it's mainly a thing women have) but no matter what season I always feel like an ice cube to touch, especially my hands and feet. I always feel cold and winter makes this worse. As I write this it's still about 10 C outside, and my room isn't particularly cold, but I'm already sitting here in my clothes plus a bathrobe and extra socks with my electric heater on.

On top of that, winter means Christmas... I can't even think of a proper reason for it, but as much as I'm trying to like it, Christmas season is really not my thing.

I for one do like it getting dark earlier though, night time makes everything better.

I don't know if I'm the only one who has this (I think it's mainly a thing women have) but no matter what season I always feel like an ice cube to touch, especially my hands and feet. I always feel cold and winter makes this worse. As I write this it's still about 10 C outside, and my room isn't particularly cold, but I'm already sitting here in my clothes plus a bathrobe and extra socks with my electric heater on. .

Is that a women thing? I always have cold hands and feet in winter.... I like to put my cold hands on people's tummies when they're not expecting it :innocent:

I am rather the opposite, I am pretty much always like a heater and very warm. I radiate all of my heat though, so sometimes I feel cold, even though I am very warm to the touch. ^^ Ideal for the woman, I guess.

Is that a women thing? I always have cold hands and feet in winter.... I like to put my cold hands on people's tummies when they're not expecting it :innocent:

The best explanation I've read is that women's physiology is more tuned toward retaining body heat. When the temperature is below body temperature, a woman's body will decrease blood flow to the extremities, retaining heat in the body core while allowing the hands and feet to become cold. "Cold hands, warm heart" is quite literally true.

More so than men, anyway. My private hypothesis is that men's physiology favors generating body heat over conserving it. But I know of no scientific proof, other than that the Lasagna Queen uses me for a foot warmer.

And that's one of the reasons dogs were domesticated. To survive three-dog nights.

Ok time to complain and be miserable.

This week is just too busy for me. I don't even have free time to eat a proper meal I have to eat on the go.

In addition to my everyday classes (that start at 9 am and end at 3 pm usually) it so happens that I have to do field work this week. Which takes a considerable amount of time. Oh, and naturally this is the week that I have to attend two lab presentations. Which is 3 hours each.

And the sun starts to go down at 5:30. It's ridiculous. Don't even want to go out for a beer at night, I just want to sleep at 9. Pah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom