Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
Yeah I'm hoping a lot of these performance issues will be fixed. Some people with dual cores are managing to play without any issues. My laptop has normally been pretty good at dealing with games it's not meant to be able to play so I will turn on my cooler and pray for a miracle.

But lol @ all of the people on the bioware forums crying because their dual cores can't play the game. They should have expected from day 1 that their chances of playing were low. Must be a bit worrying for EA though, a lot of people asking for refunds.

One 0 was found useful by 9 out 10, those are THE numbers i'm looking for (the most "agreed" reviews).

You should be wary even of those. Trolls from /v/ and RPG Codex WANT to see this game burn, regardless of its quality, for a number of reasons.

Last edited:

The reviews on this website are extremely sceptical, but usually have valid points.
To sum up the main points of criticism this review makes:

1.) There is a lot of inconsistency in the world:

-quests tell you to gather weapons to arm troops, yet the same troops are
training fully armed with an armory filled to the rim with weaponry.

-you often are forced down a certain path, your decisions don't matter:
even if you start as a rogue scoundrel and main suspect of a demonic attack,
the Inquisition will give you full command over their troops

2.) There are a lot of immersion-breaking things:

-instead of getting backstory in the shape of notes or books,
you get trivia popups whereever you go using a modern font

-the environment doesn't react to your actions, you can steal things or
cast demonic spells in the middle of the market and no one will care,
in cutscenes however everyone is frightened of you

-there are too many GPS markers plopping up everywhere, the map is filled with collectibles and fetch quests,
but the main problem is that quest objectives will only magically appear AFTER taking those quests,
so you might have to go back to a dungeon you already cleared to get to those objectives.

... that is what the review says.

Sounds like valid points of criticism to me, but that doesn't mean the game will completely suck.
At least I hope that it'd be a decent and fun RPG worth putting a lot of hours into.

Metacritic is a cesspool of retardation. The site would improve tremendously if there was only a thumbs up/down option. Also, there needs to be a way to verify that the user has actually played the game That way trolls wouldn't have that much power.

But lol @ all of the people on the bioware forums crying because their dual cores can't play the game. They should have expected from day 1 that their chances of playing were low. Must be a bit worrying for EA though, a lot of people asking for refunds.

They only have themselves to blame, the specs have been out for a while now.

Review bombing is utterly retarded and makes Metacritic even worse. Unkindled's character looks pretty cool.

Thank you :) I do agree the hair could be better and that the darker hair looks best, but whatever. I can't really complain much on the character creation. It's sweet.

Combat is where I'm struggling at. Its not very satisfying so far, except on the boss fights. I admit, besides that fight, a lot of the difficulty seems reliant on the idea that there's no healers. I am liking good ol sword and board though.

They only have themselves to blame, the specs have been out for a while now.

exactly. I have known from the beginning that I was buying a game I probably wasn't going to be able to play on my laptop. I am hoping I will be able to get it running on mine or my flatmate's laptop, but if not I can hardly blame bioware or ea for it.
in the event i can't run da:i i shall just have to wait until i go home for christmas and i'll have access to my new gaming pc :wub:

How you feel about it doesn't change reality. Sex is physical. Gender is masculinity and femininity defined by the physical. And that means the two are linked. Thinking or feeling you're a woman doesn't make it so, and that's all I'm going to say on that subject from here on. I'm not calling anyone a woman if they have or had a dick no matter how they feel about it.
I'm sorry, but I find THAT way of thinking a big load of bullshit if anything. Gender is a lot more than your genitals. It is above all else identity you are most comfortable to live your life with and if someone wants to change to a gender he or she feels most happy about then why not grant them that?

Last edited:
On topic:

I checked out the other graphics settings and even just ultra and max settings has a noticeable difference in detail. They didn't do a good job with that, and I suspect it's because of cross gen.

I'm sorry, but I find THAT way of thinking a big load of bullshit if anything. Gender is a lot more than your genitals. It is above all else identity you are most comfortable to live your life with and if someone wants to change to a gender he or she feels most happy about then why not grant them that?

A man pretending to be a woman (or vice versa) sounds like one of the truest forms of roleplaying ;). It's roleplaying in real life instead of just in your imagination.

Wow, I did another quick comparison, and on the Ultra setting, my pants looked like it was covered in dust or something, then when I went back to max everything, the pants were solid blackish, while the boots were a dark brown. How do they lose so much texture detail like that? They need to fix that, seriously. My poor computer's running a fever from this, lol. But then, I heard it being a bit warm from max settings is normal.

I managed to fix the FPS issue. Created desktop shortcut and added this line to the shortcut: -GameTime.MaxSimFps 70 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60+

They cap the fps? Is that because they don't want it running faster on PC than on consoles?

Thanks for posting this though. If I buy the game I'll probably need it.

Posts have been deleted, personal attacks are not allowed.

Also, stay on topic, please.

Last edited:
Ok next impressions:

Immersion gets killed early... first area hinterland or something (zaziemie in polish) ... you dont feel that world is in brink of doom.Wrtiting and presentation off all makes it ... i dunno what to say .... bland?I writed it before ... it feels like mmo for kids.I kinda dont feel that conflict Mages vs Templars , i dont know what to write about it just i feel like its presented very poor just some NPCs fighting each other in difrent locations and yeah respawning all the time...

Almost forgot... game lacks in item descryptions.Most items even dont have it ... (fake edit) : They dont have it at all ... just stats...

What else left ?Combat... i play on hard and button mashing all the time : easy peasy so far.

Still to early to judge whole game.

Top Bottom