This War of Mine

+
Thanks for the information, @gregski! I'm so tempted to get this game, it looks very interesting, but I feel like I'm going to wait for a discount.

Watching Jesse Cox play this made me want it. This game looks amazing, I'll grab it off gog next month when I can afford it :D

This game is really good, I was skeptical about it at first, but it surprised me greatly.
Think of it as Paper Please, but with more apparent game mechanics.

You know first Shadow Warrior arguably one of the best shooters to come out in years is hardly noticed, and now this one of the most immersive, gripping and tense survival sims in fairly much ever is ignored, makes you begin to suspect that the media has something against Eastern European devs. Shit if the Witcher hadn't sold six million through dint of superior quality to anything western devs were putting out, i'm pretty sure they'd be ignoring that an all. Ah maybe i'm just jumping at shadows, but when I see game journos like Lianna K spouting their racist rhetoric and then see them ignoring great games it makes me fucking wonder.

Only played around a half dozen hours, allready thinking this could be game of the year. Damn do I need meds and food.

Yeah, being on the front page does more than any "gaming" publication ever could in my opinion. And 11bit deserves it - DRM free stance, trying to bring pirates on their side, and the game is not actually shit. More power to them.

Did anyone already win this game? I tried it 6 times always die by some stupid mistake later (20-30 days)

But i really have to say this game beat my expectations and i even dont like stealth games at all

You know first Shadow Warrior arguably one of the best shooters to come out in years is hardly noticed, and now this one of the most immersive, gripping and tense survival sims in fairly much ever is ignored, makes you begin to suspect that the media has something against Eastern European devs. Shit if the Witcher hadn't sold six million through dint of superior quality to anything western devs were putting out, i'm pretty sure they'd be ignoring that an all. Ah maybe i'm just jumping at shadows, but when I see game journos like Lianna K spouting their racist rhetoric and then see them ignoring great games it makes me fucking wonder.

Only played around a half dozen hours, allready thinking this could be game of the year. Damn do I need meds and food.

Well, that's also my general sentiment but hey - EE devs are not as progressive as mainstream journos demand, so I guess they deserve the treatment, right?

And of course, 11bit don't have the money to pay for extended coverage like Bioware for example. DA:I review was out a week ago and Polygon site for example is still veneered by the review and other articles about the game.

But still, thanks to word of mouth and goodwill of gamers I bet they will come out on top and earn some big bucks with TWoM.

Well when the nest Polygon article is drafted, whinging about an industry afraid of change, I hope at least one of their lackeys has the balls to rub their noses in this game. This is a prime example of a studio taking creative risks.

Watching TB's video. It looks neat. I seem to always play these survival type games for a few hours and then hardly touch them again. May wait for it to get cheaper because of that. Is there an end goal like surviving until the war is over or is it just eternal survival?

Survive until the siege is lifted.

Supposedly somewhere around 40-50 days in most completed playthroughs, but "can be much longer" according to the devs.
The real siege of Sarajevo lasted for 1425 days which is considerably longer, and would be tedious in a day by day game.

Yeah, being on the front page does more than any "gaming" publication ever could in my opinion. And 11bit deserves it - DRM free stance, trying to bring pirates on their side, and the game is not actually shit. More power to them.

Whats the algorithm to get on the front page ? Were any sales numbers actually released / updated? Just curious.

Im chuffed the games being well received and its jumped to the top of my winter playlist, based on comments from gamers here more than anything. But I can't help but also view releases like this (and D:OS) in terms of the power struggle in the finances linked with gaming. D:OS sold extremely well with none of the usual marketing, that "usual" we are told is an absolute must for a success, every game that proves otherwise shakes the tree, loosens some of the rotten branches, and I hope wakes a few people up and leaves them with a new perspective.

Well played 11bit !

Did anyone already win this game? I tried it 6 times always die by some stupid mistake later (20-30 days)

But i really have to say this game beat my expectations and i even dont like stealth games at all
I did manage to beat it @ 35 days..my ending was super grim, all my survivors were severely sick/wounded and depressed because I stole from the old folks as last resort, had to sell my guns for food and bandages, last 5 days or so I didn't even scavenge or guard.

Great game, makes you think about situation in Ukraine..

Top Bottom