Mixed questions:

+
Mixed questions:

In TW1 I remember a brothel madam Vampiress (which I spared) and she had a connection in a way to Geralt...
Will she be Back?

Then there was Berengar. The infamous Berengar, (I spared and KEPT him alive after the boss fight with Azar).
Will he be back?

By the way, Why is BERENGAR the one with Lambert instead of Vesemir that come to aid Geralt in the Forest Chase Scene in TW2!?!!??? WTF!!!!)

I still don't get the map areas.... In the Sword of Destiny Trailer, is the castle we see in the beginning Kaer Morhen!?
Then will we be able to go there?

And No Man's Land is the war Ravaged Temeria Right??
Does that mean that all all that land between Kaer Morhen and Skellige is traversable??
That would include Vizima, The Outskirts of Vizima, La Valette Castle, Aedirn and Flotsam right?

Are they gonna merge all the areas in the previous titles into this game as well as all the other parts, or is it just that bunch of islands and the coast of Novigrad??

Still no clue on Nilfgaard right?

o_O

In TW1 I remember a brothel madam Vampiress (which I spared) and she had a connection in a way to Geralt...
Will she be Back?

Not likely, seeing as you can also kill her, and Witcher 1 & 2 have featured multiple save/kill options. It's unlikely that these characters will occur compared to NPC that weren't decided by the player to die. That said nothing yet is confirmed on who or whom will appear

Then there was Berengar. The infamous Berengar, (I spared and KEPT him alive after the boss fight with Azar).
Will he be back? No, Berengar was intended to die. It's actually not meant for the player to save him during the fight with Azar.

By the way, Why is BERENGAR the one with Lambert instead of Vesemir that come to aid Geralt in the Forest Chase Scene in TW2!?!! WTF!!!!) It's not, it's Lambert and Eskel .

I still don't get the map areas.... In the Sword of Destiny Trailer, is the castle we see in the beginning Kaer Morhen!?
Then will we be able to go there? Nothing confirmed yet, wait for release.

And No Man's Land is the war Ravaged Temeria Right?? Well technically yes, but also the majority of southern areas. Aedrin is also No man's land but the game won't feature that area.
Does that mean that all all that land between Kaer Morhen and Skellige is traversable?? No, Skellige will be traversable by boat only. This mean that you can only reach The coast line and Kaer Morhen is not at the coast but far up in the mountains.
That would include Vizima, The Outskirts of Vizima, La Valette Castle, Aedirn and Flotsam right? Aedirn won't be featured, the world is too big to cover everything in just this game. Essentially it's the coast areas, a bit of Temeria (which is No mans land) , Novigrad area and Skellige.

Are they gonna merge all the areas in the previous titles into this game as well as all the other parts, or is it just that bunch of islands and the coast of Novigrad??
No, only save files. Bunch of Island larger than Witcher 2 map in total, Coast yes and Novigrad + all area between Novigrad, No mans land and the Coast.

Still no clue on Nilfgaard right? No, only thing is that we will interact with Nilfgaard through existing areas in Northen Kingdom. Not actual Nilfgaard. However Cintra and other areas on the border could be featured. We just don't know yet.

In terms of the actual map
This is a good guess http://i.imgur.com/nuXEj8v.jpg

Last edited:
After surviving, the only thing he said was "i'll be on my way".

And take a closer look at his ridiculous head piece!! Its Berengar's head leather chunky thingy!!!!

And Kaer Morhen is very far away, in northern Kaedwen...So it is unlikely that we should travel from there to Novigrad on horse...
Unless they made a huge game world-consisting all northern kingdoms :D

1. No one knows, probably not however.

2. No, Berengar was supposed to die during the fight with Azar, and his status isn't imported into TW2, so i doubt he will appear.

3. The way i understand it, Berengar is there because they made a mistake during the creation of the cinematic, it was supposed to be Eskel but they didn't add in the right model.

4. Yes, Kaer Morhen will be in the game.

5. No, it means that there will be loading screens for areas that aren't connected, so going from Kaer Morhen to Novigrad would require a loading screen.

6. From what we know it's only Novigrad, Velen, Skellige and Kaer Morhen, with Vizima possibly making an appearance.

7. Nilfgaard will most likely not appear.

Last edited:
damn, I can't upload pics with my phone!

---------- Updated at 07:13 PM ----------

BUT HERE ARE THE SCREENCAPS;

(FULL SIZE)
http://imgur.com/5j1HTo9

(ZOOMED X1)
http://imgur.com/SmkveC5

(ZOOMED X2)
http://imgur.com/gB77fZS

---------------
Here's some refrences;

BERENGAR
http://imgur.com/EvQQf5w

LAMBERT
http://imgur.com/wZ8KzoA

ESKEL
http://imgur.com/YJSHW2D

I don't think anybody disputes your observation that the character in the TW2 intro appears to be Berengar.

But I don't think anybody else is willing to concede that it is intentional or that there is anything more behind it than a simple mistake.

That's what I thought the VERY FIRST TIME I played, but only until my "15th start-over" (more or less) did it get to anoy me... maybe I should've posted it back then lol

---------- Updated at 11:12 PM ----------

Appart from this peculiar character swap, along with a couple bugs I once encountered;
One was a living decapitated La Valette Soldier that still moved/attacked and spoke. I mean, His Head on the floor Spoke!!
And the other in which Vernon would still be around the Rose Garden when Geralt "takes Iorveth Hostage" to meet with Letho, which made Vernon attack Iorveth endlessly EVEN through the cutscenes and his blood was literally everywhere and he did not even twitch.

Appart from that,
this Game is very awesome!!
No denying that!!

Huh,

I must say I find it quite surprising that everyone considers this a mistake. I never thought of it that way at all. I suppose that's probably the most realistic explanation. Personally I thought that this was because the cinematic represents Geralt dreaming of the event rather than being the actual event replayed for the player's sake. Dreams aren't very reliable as a source of information. And sometimes they can modify actual events depending on the persons desires or fears. So I thought that Berengar's appearance in Geralts dream has some meaning.

Also i dont think Vesemir ever mentions explicitly how long ago Berengar left them. Nor do the Salamanders mention (if memory serves) for how long they held him captive. So technically it's not impossible for Berengar to have left Kaer Morhen on the day Geralt was found. This would explain why he's totaly unsurprised seeing Geralt - who's supposed to be dead for 5 years now - in the middle of a crypt cheerfully killing alps. Like he expected Geralt to show up someday. It kind of even gives a reasonable trigger for Berengar leaving in the first place. Knowing his personality I can totally imagine him feeling even more out of place and unneeded when he saw Geralt come back to Kaer Morhen. I can also picture Vesmir thinking that explaining all of this to Geralt would be both pointless and painful because it means that Geralt is the reason Berengar left.

I did consider it could be just the dream
... but nice explanation.
Who knows...
Maybe it has to do with he fact that they are "imported" from the first title...
And perhaps they could not work Eskel's Model at all...

For what I learned in the past, Lambert's body was Eskel's, after all, they are the same.
So it could Be that it caused issues for CDPR, and they just said "fuck it, lets just place two Berengars and give one Lambert's head."

My concerns for The Witcher 3

I wanted to express my concerns about the release of this game.

1) The inventory will be organized and well developed, or will be based on the terrible setting of The Witcher 2?

2) There will be the possibility of carrying out missions with a partner (with which a chat during the trip maybe near a fire) ???? Or would most of the time alone?

3) In the cities NPCs will be like those seen in Assassin's Creed? That is silent and with little interaction. Or you can talk with most of these ?? (see Skyrim or the first TW).

4) There will be many choices as possible in the first Witcher? O will be smaller and simplified as in the second chapter?

5) There is broad support for the mod?

I'd be curious to have your opinions about :)

Your third question is somewhat contradictory. Assassin's Creed has huge, lively cities so it has relatively speaking less interactable NPC's. Compare that to Skyrim where each city is inhabited by 5 people and I know which one I would pick.

Your third question is somewhat contradictory. Assassin's Creed has huge, lively cities so it has relatively speaking less interactable NPC's. Compare that to Skyrim where each city is inhabited by 5 people and I know which one I would pick.

From what we saw in the demo, I fear that in a city the characters with whom you can interact will be few; and their role is purely to assign us one or more missions.

I fear that most of these, can only say one or more sentences of fact, according to our passage in the area.

I always prefer a less populated city with many interactions and dialogues, compared to one that seems alive but where to interact with only two or three characters.

A more appropriate comparison would probably be that between the first and the second chapter of The Witcher.

From what we saw in the demo, I fear that in a city the characters with whom you can interact will be few; and their role is purely to assign us one or more missions.

I fear that most of these, can only say one or more sentences of fact, according to our passage in the area.

I always prefer a less populated city with many interactions and dialogues, compared to one that seems alive but where to interact with only two or three characters.

A more appropriate comparison would probably be that between the first and the second chapter of The Witcher.
That's a false dichotomy, though. It's not either\or. Increasing the amount of NPCs that you can't have full dialogues with (let's call them dumb NPCs) doesn't mean you decrease the amount of NPCs you can have full dialogues with (smart NPCs). It's not a zero sum game.

Novigrad, from what we've seen, is huge. I think it's the biggest inhabited city I've seen in a game that isn't focused about cities. There seem to be hundreds of NPCs with their daily routine, and that's damn impressive and creates some sweet immersion (love you, immersion). I don't know any RPG where you could have full dialogues with every single NPC in the city, unless they were a handful. From NwN to Skyrim, you always have some you could talk with, and many more than you couldn't. In Witcher the "many more" are simply multiplied quit a lot to emulate a real city, and I think the effect is amazing.

That would mean reducing 'the largest city of the Northern Kingdoms' to a barren place consisting of 10-15 NPC's. Novigrad will have interesting characters with a lot to say but you also need random NPC's to fill the streets. You can't have a city of grand proportions where every inhabitant will have something interesting to say.

And what interaction have NPCs in Skyrim?
1) Accept quest
2) Ask some info
3) Refuse quest

I wouldn't take Skyrim as an example of how built an RPG at all.

About my concerns, I have seen some issues about gameplay in the 35 minutes demo.

• Igni has no effect with the wooden shield.
  • Health regeneration after combat is too fast
  • There is still auto-refill
  • Parry and dodge don't consume vigor.
  • Vigor regeneration is too fast
  • When you use Igni the camera get too close to Geralt, reducing FOV.
  • There is that useless quest marker on Johnny's "house"
  • Use Quen doesn't keep empty vigor bar as we saw in TW2, and this make that sign too OP.
  • That "dungeon" in the demo's ending is too simple as the final battle.

In the first Witcher could talk with more characters, and some of them you found them only at certain times of the day or night (in inns for example).

Not to mention one of the major elements that I found in a video game, namely that talking with the same character repeatedly insisted they could get out of new dialogues hidden and not always the exact same phrases.

All things in The Witcher 2 have disappeared.

So I'm back... Anyhow, I'll answer tenlang and Moonknightsg questions/conserns to the best of my ability. Hopefully it will add some new colours on your issues.

I wanted to express my concerns about the release of this game.

1) The inventory will be organized and well developed, or will be based on the terrible setting of The Witcher 2?

2) There will be the possibility of carrying out missions with a partner (with which a chat during the trip maybe near a fire) ???? Or would most of the time alone?

3) In the cities NPCs will be like those seen in Assassin's Creed? That is silent and with little interaction. Or you can talk with most of these ?? (see Skyrim or the first TW).

4) There will be many choices as possible in the first Witcher? O will be smaller and simplified as in the second chapter?

5) There is broad support for the mod?

I'd be curious to have your opinions about :)

1. How the design will be is yet not 100% certain. In the game play video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4ony2r0QFs#t=27m15s you'll get an idea on how it will be designed. In terms of system it will be based somewhat in between of both previous games with a grid system and weight based (at least that's what they've told us so far). I recommend you stay put and hope for mods if you won't find the current system appealing.

2. Quests will be similar to Witcher 2 in that some quests you will have a partner with you (mainly due to it make sense in that quest). The main source of quests however will be carried out alone (The Witcher way).

3. Similar to previous games that they will have a "locked" conversation/dialogue and unless they are of some more major importance (or provide information) won't really be intractable with Geralt. This is mainly due to reason and time and with Novigrad that should hold anywhere from thousands (loosely claimed by the developer in the game play video) of random NPC, having Geralt to interact with each one would be impossible simply due to all costs and time it would take to implement these conversations.

4. Mixture of both most likely based on the amount of quests available. I'd say that most quests involve multiple choices however they are more based on conversation choices and kill/spare choices so that CD RED doesn't have to design every quest in 2 or 3 different ways, but rather can take a portion of the end of said quest, allow player choice and change the final outcome.

5. In due time it will come. Witcher franchise do offer full mod support, the thing is that it isn't that easy to mod things (with the exception of armour/weapon etc) due to the complexity of how quests "unfold" (like in contrast for example Paradox games, which are extremely mod friendly).

---------- Updated at 10:33 PM ----------

• Igni has no effect with the wooden shield.
  • Health regeneration after combat is too fast
  • There is still auto-refill
  • Parry and dodge don't consume vigor.
  • Vigor regeneration is too fast
  • When you use Igni the camera get too close to Geralt, reducing FOV.
  • There is that useless quest marker on Johnny's "house"
  • Use Quen doesn't keep empty vigor bar as we saw in TW2, and this make that sign too OP.
  • That "dungeon" in the demo's ending is too simple as the final battle.

"Igni has no effect with the wooden shield." Igni will be based mainly I assume on number (I.e resistance versus effect), If you actually are referring on how easy it is to burn a wooden shield you'd actually be surprised that wood do take some time to actually start burning (based on the material and the humidity in the air and the wood itself), especially more compact sources as shields.

"Health regeneration after combat is too fast" It was played on easy for demonstration purpose (claimed by developers) to avoid unnecessary dying. The actual game will be harder (unless obviously played on very easy difficulty).

"There is still auto-refill" Potions will require the recipe to be discovered (which mean ingredients) , after that each potion will hold a number of charges, when these run out you will have to refill it (but for a much cheaper cost).

Parry and dodge don't consume vigor. This is obviously subjective whether this is a good or bad thing. Strikes do however, I personally am glad that you aren't punished or blocking seeing as that was useless in Witcher 2, but yes, I can see your point. Then again, who knows how it will be on harder difficulty settings.

"Vigor regeneration is too fast" Played on easy as stated, won't be as fast on harder difficulty settings.

When you use Igni the camera get too close to Geralt, reducing FOV. Design choice by CD RED, however completely legitimate concern. Unfortunately this will probably not change unless it's given a choice in the settings or are modded out.

"There is that useless quest marker on Johnny's "house" Unfortunately yes, this is the punishment of catering to a larger audience. Hopefully there will be a setting to turn this feature of. Witcher 2 provided more than sufficient journal system for a quest marker to be absolutely moot.

"Use Quen doesn't keep empty vigor bar as we saw in TW2, and this make that sign too OP." This is a balance issue. It depends on how Quen interact. Will it prevent all damage or some? Will it have a cooldown etc?

"That "dungeon" in the demo's ending is too simple as the final battle." Again, difficulty settings and this was one side quest. Some quest will be harder, some easier. It's bad game design if all quests feels like a boss battle, if this is true for all quests in the game then yes, I agree with you, but we don't know yet how quests will be and we shouldn't judge quests solely on 1 quest shown at easy difficulty settings for the viewer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom