Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
The game is getting a little bit more fun, but I guess I'm somewhere between OliverDK and Unkindled in terms of liking the game now. Part of it has to do with the fact I am treating the actual gameplay in the open zones as a kind of singleplayer MMO now; my experience and playstyle is less intense than in Skyrim or Witcher, and I am making a lot of use of the map and the various markers. Not a Skyrim feeling, but definitely a WoW feeling. The cutscenes and talky bits, on the other hand, feel like BioWare, albeit slick, competent but not terribly inspired. But at least it's tasty like a familiar brand of okay-but-not great chocolate. And there's a lot of it.

As open worldy zones, I don't think the Hinterlands and the Storm Coast, the two I've explored so far, are very well done. When you look at your immediate surroundings they look pretty, but you soon get a feeling and you can also see that they are rather unnatural and fake, though they share this with landscapes in other games as well. They also lack really recognisable landmarks, making it very hard if not impossible to navigate by sight; one ruin or dungeon feels very much like the next one. There's also no sense of both zones being in Ferelden; both zones are supposed to be there, but the Storm Coast lacks almost all of the architecture and ruins you see in the Hinterlands, and vice versa.
Almost as if the two zones were designed by different teams who didn't communicate.

The game is getting a little bit more fun, but I guess I'm somewhere between OliverDK and Unkindled in terms of liking the game now. Part of it has to do with the fact I am treating the actual gameplay in the open zones as a kind of singleplayer MMO now; my experience and playstyle is less intense than in Skyrim or Witcher, and I am making a lot of use of the map and the various markers. Not a Skyrim feeling, but definitely a WoW feeling. The cutscenes and talky bits, on the other hand, feel like BioWare, albeit slick, competent but not terribly inspired. But at least it's tasty like a familiar brand of okay-but-not great chocolate. And there's a lot of it.

As open worldy zones, I don't think the Hinterlands and the Storm Coast, the two I've explored so far, are very well done. When you look at your immediate surroundings they look pretty, but you soon get a feeling and you can also see that they are rather unnatural and fake, though they share this with landscapes in other games as well. They also lack really recognisable landmarks, making it very hard if not impossible to navigate by sight; one ruin or dungeon feels very much like the next one. There's also no sense of both zones being in Ferelden; both zones are supposed to be there, but the Storm Coast lacks almost all of the architecture and ruins you see in the Hinterlands, and vice versa.
Almost as if the two zones were designed by different teams who didn't communicate.

i think we should all play it like what was intended. a mere filler till witcher 3 lounchs. than it can go back to accumulate dust. i'm having fun with the game. but the only reason is i don't take it the least bit seriously anmd i think you should do that all too. it's the only thing this game is worth for. a good laugh,passing the time

Don't worry, they get much better :) And the hinterlands has the deep roads partly, and it looks amazing.

---------- Updated at 06:47 PM ----------

i think we should all play it like what was intended. a mere filler till witcher 3 lounchs. than it can go back to accumulate dust. i'm having fun with the game. but the only reason is i don't take it the least bit seriously anmd i think you should do that all too. it's the only thing this game is worth for. a good laugh,passing the time

To be honest, I like this a lot on its own merits. Not saying I'd like it more than Witcher per say... this just fills a niche that I prefer. That being making my own character, customizing n' such. That sort of thing. And armor customization here is the SHIT.

To be honest, I like this a lot on its own merits. Not saying I'd like it more than Witcher per say... this just fills a niche that I prefer. That being making my own character, customizing n' such. That sort of thing. And armor customization here is the SHIT.[/QUOTE]

bah. i'm sorry but i'm stopped to be an hardcore fan of this sage with origins. will always remmeber it fondly
as mutch as i will always remmeber in my nightmer the sequel
this third game just isen't the same thing. it's not bad. but it's not origin. not even close. no charateristics? really biowere? form the guys that made neverwinter nights? really? also the guy above i right when he says this feels like a single player mmo. it's not bad per se. but it's not origin
to cleanse theyr reputation from what they did with two they would have made a proper return to origins. they failed.
so im' enjoing the game for what it is. a pleasent game, playable but merely a fille till the witcher 3 drops. and i'm assuring they fucking KNOW this at biowere :D
see post above

I hear you, believe me... But as a fan of Origins and who loved the game and still played it... I don't even care that this is nothing like it, lol, this is better in my opinion. The warden ain't shit compared to the Herald of Andraste.

I'm playing inquisition. I called my character Geralt of Rivia and he looks EXACTLY like Geralt in the trailers for Wild Hunt.
You made Geralt of Rivia and didn't post screenshots so others could see? Shame on you.

But as a fan of Origins and who loved the game and still played it... I don't even care that this is nothing like it, lol, this is better in my opinion. The warden ain't shit compared to the Herald of Andraste.
You go back and forth on this game so much it's getting ridiculous. What will you do if/when you get to the end and it's just difference shades of red/blue/green magic closing the rift? :D

Last edited:
You made Geralt of Rivia and didn't post screenshots so others could see? Shame on you.

You go back and forth on this game so much it's getting a little ridiculous. What will you do if/when you get to the end and it's just difference shades of red/blue/green magic closing the rift? :D

damn you REALLY had to remember me that yes?......damn very few time in my life i've been THAT mad with a dev...the only other time i was that mad in fact was.....also with them, when i feristp laide dragon age II after buyng the collectors....damn' it still hurts. i will post the screenshot later by the way now im' working XD

Yeah... I just hate color-coded morality systems of any kind in video-games, but that's just me. I mean... why do you need a game to tell you whether or not your character's actions are good/evil? What if you have a different moral outlook on the situation than the game has? But that's a topic for another thread.

Last edited:
So tired. Didn't sleep last night. Would take a nap. But. Must. Make. Matching. Outfits. For dragon killing squad... Ugh. LOL.

---------- Updated at 07:49 PM ----------

Can I just take a moment to talk about how badass shield wall is? Lol.

You hold the button down and watch as bitches try to fuck with you and fail, then in the process, they build up your guard with each hit, which is really quick to max, then beat the hell out of them and yell "I'M THE JUGGERNAUT BITCH!" Sword and board for life.

here you go folks rejoice. this is what hapepns when a softwere house make my spheres spin with theyr retarded massification politics in games ruining grat rpgs sagas, i make my own conjunction of the spheres and advertise a rival game directly IN your fucking game.

i cannot move a step in the game without nearly choking from laugh everytime, i swere.View attachment 7707View attachment 7708View attachment 7709View attachment 7710

Attachments

• geralt 3.jpg
    geralt 3.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 54
  • geralt 2.jpg
    geralt 2.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 61
  • geralt 1.jpg
    geralt 1.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 67
  • geralt 0.jpg
    geralt 0.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 218
This is almost as blasphemous as me using my xbox 360 as a mousepad for my PC... but only to click start on the game before I pick up my controller :p

So I hear that the game's power resource point system is so laughable, that even children have a better conception of how power works and is increased.

Sigh, why did I even bother expecting something remotely tolerable.

you can do that but don't make it sound like you are somehow right

Mod edit: Don't engage in personal attacks, please.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I hear that the game's power resource point system is so laughable, that even children have a better conception of how power works and is increased.

I hear the game uses a ridiculous system called "experience points" too. You're getting new skills after doing stuff.

Someone should tell BioWare willpower and strength can't be quantified like that.

I hear the game uses a ridiculous system called "experience points" too. You're getting new skills after doing stuff.

Someone should tell BioWare willpower and strength can't be quantified like that.

Sarcasm?

There is a difference between limited gameplay mechanics that we have accepted due to the difficulties of doing it otherwise (though someone should eventually try), and an attempt at implementing politics when it could be done in much better ways if they cared to put effort into it as opposed to treating it like another currency or experience points you buy things with.

It's lazy.

I would prefer they just open up certain quests as others finish, but it's a way to pace the game, that's all. It's a roleplaying game, not a strategy game, so those aspects were always going to be rudimentary.

I'm at level 14, it's hard to tell if I'm halfway through the game or 3/4ths or what, but I'm enjoying it. The companion quests I've seen are pretty good. I loved Solas' and Cole's. So sad. *ack*

I would prefer they just open up certain quests as others finish, but it's a way to pace the game, that's all. It's a roleplaying game, not a strategy game, so those aspects were always going to be rudimentary.

Sure, no one was expecting anything elaborate.

Still, it seems painfully uninspired to have you buy say allies with power points, reducing the amount of power you have while increasing your allies, which doesn't make any sense at all. They can still have "power" act as a way to pace the game without making it into a currency that you buy things with and get in weird unrelated ways.

Top Bottom