Far Cry 4

+
How's UPlay DRM for these games? Always on? Account linking? Root kit?

I got a code for a Ubisoft game with my card and 1) don't know if it's worth bothering with uplay 2) don't know whether to try out ACU or this.

If you're going to Uplay, make sure to disable the save game cloud. Save your games on your PC instead. Last time, I lost all my progress on Splinter Cell Blacklist.

Progress report (no spoilers): liberated the first bell tower, tore down a few propaganda posters, hunted wolves for a drunk old woman, found masks of Yalung (those are like relics in FC 3, but with their own story). Met a rhinocero and made a hasty tactical retreat, cuz my STG-90 was gonna do fuck all against that beast. I'll try taking one of those on when I have elephant gun with me. I hate wild dogs btw, they jump you in packs out of fucking nowhere and tear you to shreds, and if you open fire on them, you risk attracting something much nastier that's probably chilling nearby.

Also, if i ever become a tyrannical ruler of a small third world country, the first group of people i mark for execution will be radio djs. This is the first thing that they added to FC4 that I outright dislike. I hate those imbeciles and their nattering irl, why do you make me listen to this obnoxious douche while driving through a fictional country, Ubisoft. Start me some Bollywood music and shut up pls. Luckily, my policy is pretty much going everywhere on foot if at all feasible, because the game is unbeliveably pretty and I want to see EVERYTHING. So no big loss.

Can't for the life of me find where the syringe crafting option is. I know it's dumb, but can anyone give me any pointers?

---------- Updated at 09:22 AM ----------

How's UPlay DRM for these games? Always on? Account linking? Root kit?

I got a code for a Ubisoft game with my card and 1) don't know if it's worth bothering with uplay 2) don't know whether to try out ACU or this.

There are online and offline modes in game as well as in uplay.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Far Cry® 42014-11-22-19-12-17.jpg
    Far Cry® 42014-11-22-19-12-17.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Far Cry® 42014-11-22-1-3-9.jpg
    Far Cry® 42014-11-22-1-3-9.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 55
  • Far Cry® 42014-11-22-19-37-2.jpg
    Far Cry® 42014-11-22-19-37-2.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Far Cry® 42014-11-22-19-37-35.jpg
    Far Cry® 42014-11-22-19-37-35.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 43
  • Far Cry® 42014-11-22-14-2-25.jpg
    Far Cry® 42014-11-22-14-2-25.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Recently bought this game and it turned out I'm one of the unfortunate saps with the black screen issue(ie can't even play). At minimum, I have to wait until next week for a patch.

Fuck Ubisoft.

Cheers. How is it so far? I mine as well play it since I canceled it on Unity launch day and Amazon forgot I did so.

It's basically an enlarged Far Cry 3. The map is bigger, there's more weapons and more hidden stuff to find. I personally love the new setting.

Never got around to playing three. Honestly I hate playing a sequel without playing a previous installment, but I can get over it since it's self contained. Did play one though. The setting is what got me interested because it's a not so touched region.

Kind of sad that there won't be a Blood Dragon 2, kind of surprised as Ubisoft loves to milk success to death. Hopefully they'll have an equally as good dlc.

Best thing though is no sharks. Sharks or any underwater creature is the fucking bane of my life.

Best thing though is no sharks. Sharks or any underwater creature is the fucking bane of my life.

I can just imagine you playing TW3 now. Some woman is going to attempt to seduce you by saying "so, Geralt, lets go for a swim *wink wink*" then she looks back over her shoulder to see if you're following only to see you running in the opposite direction.

I can just imagine you playing TW3 now. Some woman is going to attempt to seduce you by saying "so, Geralt, lets go for a swim *wink wink*" then she looks back over her shoulder to see if you're following only to see you running in the opposite direction.

That also serves as an accurate description of my real life if a woman thinks I'm going into any water besides a swimming pool.

Well at least in TW3 you will be able to fight them with crossbow becouse after having spent around 15h I haven`t found any way of doing so. You can`t use neither auto-corssbow nor the bow. But I dunno maybe I`m just bad at this.

You can`t use neither auto-corssbow nor the bow. But I dunno maybe I`m just bad at this.
Are you talking about FC4. The bow (I dont have the crossbow yet) is very, very powerful. In certain situations they win even against the silenced Z93, because if you kill someone with the Z93, his mates will know which direction the shot came from. Not so with the bow. I have footage of taking one of Harmon's fortresses, with bow only, but it's not uploaded yet.

My main issue with the game tbh, is that I don't like the protagonist. I don't really like any of the characters, except for those returning from the previous installment, and Sabal (but he's starting to piss me off recently as well). The rest are psychos, blowhards, or sexually ambigious weirdos. Or all of the above. But Ajay stands out, because my enjoyment of the game depends on him the most, and he's such a wet noodle, it's just sad. There's no sense of personhood to him at all, which is fine as long as I'm out there blowing shit up, or climbing, or doing murder, but as soon as he opens his mouth to talk to someone... jesus christ what a nonentity.

I lked FC3 so much in no small part because I liked Jason so much. Now, though personally I think he was brilliant and one of the main strengths of the game, he was not everyone's cup of tea, and I totally understand if they want to address criticism levied on him. Fair enough. But stripping the next games' protagonist of anything even approaching personality is not "addressing".

Oh, and here's my video of liberating an outpost while riding an elephant. Cuz elephants are awesome.

Last edited:
Are you talking about FC4. The bow (I dont have the crossbow yet) is very, very powerful. In certain situations they win even against the silenced Z93, because if you kill someone with the Z93, his mates will know which direction the shot came from. Not so with the bow. I have footage of taking one of Harmon's fortresses, with bow only, but it's not uploaded yet.

I meant underwater but yeah the bow is pretty good. Other then that the story is ok-ish. To be quite honest I don`t really know what they wanted to do with. A parody of our world?(notice how close Amita and Anita names are and how they talk about similiar things) or they wanted to make this feel real and so on. Everything seems to be blown out of proportion when it comes to characters in my opinion.

OK I must confess I am trying this out since I had the choice of a free Ubisoft game and I was curious about the current state of graphics.

First off I'm blown away. Visuals are amazing. Second, the game is surprisingly fun. Don't know why you guys complain so much when this is obviously a game about blowing shit up. I'm surprised there are even cutscenes with dialogue. The very concept of this game is stupid, so why bother? Just blow shit up with your elephant.

OK I must confess I am trying this out since I had the choice of a free Ubisoft game and I was curious about the current state of graphics.

First off I'm blown away. Visuals are amazing. Second, the game is surprisingly fun. Don't know why you guys complain so much when this is obviously a game about blowing shit up. I'm surprised there are even cutscenes with dialogue. The very concept of this game is stupid, so why bother? Just blow shit up with your elephant.

Yup me too. I didn`t expect this to run well (4770k + 770) nor to be very fun. But so far I think this is more of a Just Cause in FPP and I absolutely love JC1 and JC2. I don`t mind the story being stupid either.

Top Bottom