Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
Well, I liked my romance dialogue with Cassandra so much that I wrote more of them together, lol. Like I said, romance is corny, so I don't get what's the hubbub. As long as it doesn't feel awkward, and isn't Iron Bull level...

Please tell me the romance dialogues get better...and that heart icon...

Aside from that, dialogue is pretty good. Nothing outstanding so far. Just finished Redcliffe, when does it get good?
Which romance dialogue? I never take the first heart options. My PC had nerdy conversations with Solas for the first act. I went back and tried his early heart options and while they're cute, I much prefer the slow burn.

The start is slow. It picks up after Redcliffe. Just keep going.

I'm wondering what Morrigan fans think of her role, if you've finished the game? And I'm wondering what Costin and others think of the Orlesian political choices?

My GOD the companion AI is terrible, they do the most retarded things possible and it's not possible to edit their behaviour. This NEEDS to be modded. I am now right at the battle after Redcliffe (you know the one)...I know this is not the end but it feels like the game is finishing for some reason. So far I've spent 25 hours on this but I really took my time in the Hinterlands.

My GOD the companion AI is terrible, they do the most retarded things possible and it's not possible to edit their behaviour. This NEEDS to be modded. I am now right at the battle after Redcliffe (you know the one)...I know this is not the end but it feels like the game is finishing for some reason. So far I've spent 25 hours on this but I really took my time in the Hinterlands.

Which characters are you using? The rogues besides Varric seem to always die quick. Same for Iron Bull. Everyone else is fine for the most part.

Which characters are you using? The rogues besides Varric seem to always die quick. Same for Iron Bull. Everyone else is fine for the most part.

Cass, Vivienne, Dorian and my inquisitor archer.

Ok, so I saw that part with the singing. It was a really powerful moment, I hadn't actually listened to it all before, just the part with Giselle, it was quite beautiful and very LOTR, not just because of the tune. That "Quality Bioware Singing" YouTube video is misleading, ignore it, the 4chan crowd is butthurt the game doesn't suck.

I assume this is where the game starts?

I've started abusing my mages to kill the High Dragons. Barrier spam for the win.

Also Vivienne with her barrier upgrade whereby she regains a portion of her barrier when she uses her melee ability is incredible. Mama Vivienne is going to smack some dragons!

I'm wondering what Morrigan fans think of her role, if you've finished the game? And I'm wondering what Costin and others think of the Orlesian political choices?

Fuck Celene, Fuck the Elves.

That about sums my opinion. That said placing Celene on throne...might be best for me.

Last edited:
By the way, why are half of the people in Ferelden black?

It's a fictional world, so why not? I honestly haven't even noticed many blacks in the game. There's the orlesian chantry lady, that one archer, Vivienne and a handful of npcs. With everything going on in the world, how the hell do people have the time to sit and count how many black or darker skinned people there are? Get over it, this isn't a medieval reenactment.

Cass, Vivienne, Dorian and my inquisitor archer.

Ok, so I saw that part with the singing. It was a really powerful moment, I hadn't actually listened to it all before, just the part with Giselle, it was quite beautiful and very LOTR, not just because of the tune. That "Quality Bioware Singing" YouTube video is misleading, ignore it, the 4chan crowd is butthurt the game doesn't suck.

I assume this is where the game starts?

Yep :) You'll have plenty to do from here on.

As for your group, that's my basic build, though I haven't honestly used Vivienne yet. Hard to replace Dorian or Solas for the later people I don't have much experience with. They should be doing just fine, maybe try re-specing them.

---------- Updated at 08:49 AM ----------

Oh, and Cassandra pretty much never leaves my party. Dorian usually stays too besides for dragon killing, which I prefer Solas for, and I don't like a bunch of squishy potion hog mages on my team for that. They get put down so easily on hard by that wind sucking thing they do to draw you closer to them. Anyway, I basically only alternate that final slot with Blackwall, who is the fucking man in battle, Solas or Varric. Tried Iron Bull, and I really want to use him, but at higher levels on hard, he just blows. No matter what armor I give him.

@Unkindled. I half-expected the credits to roll after that :D Seriously, I had reached the 25 hour mark by that point. That's when most games end.

It was pretty good, the first truly good scene in the game. Everything before that was OK-tier.

@Unkindled. I half-expected the credits to roll after that :D Seriously, I had reached the 25 hour mark by that point. That's when most games end.

It was pretty good, the first truly good scene in the game. Everything before that was OK-tier.

Agreed. Everything before then wasn't even ok, more like meh and bland. You don't expect a game's beginning to be that long, though you could of course make it a lot shorter. Which I intend to next time. All that stuff on the map stays right there, so you don't lose anything by leaving it behind for now. Only missions I'd really make sure I do before moving on besides getting companions is the Carta mission and the other one that takes place at night with all the undead. Think there was one more but can't remember. I really like their setup for side quests though. Instead of existing in an area you've been to countless times, they get entire planes of land dedicated to them.

It's a fictional world, so why not? I honestly haven't even noticed many blacks in the game. There's the orlesian chantry lady, that one archer, Vivienne and a handful of npcs. With everything going on in the world, how the hell do people have the time to sit and count how many black or darker skinned people there are? Get over it, this isn't a medieval reenactment.
It's just that I never encountered anyone black in Origins, probably because Ferelden is supposed to represent medieval England. Suddenly, a few years later, half the population is black. Add to that the lack of racism and sexual assault (which make up a big part in Origins) and I can't help but feel Inquisition has been polished to reflect BioWare's own social agenda. I loved the dark fantasy part of Origins and sadly none of that is present in Inquisition.

It's just that I never encountered anyone black in Origins, probably because Ferelden is supposed to represent medieval England. Suddenly, a few years later, half the population is black. Add to that the lack of racism and sexual assault (which make up a big part in Origins) and I can't help but feel Inquisition has been polished to reflect BioWare's own social agenda. I loved the dark fantasy part of Origins and sadly none of that is present in Inquisition.

Believe me, I really hate it when games, movies, media in general tries to get preachy. Like with the Chargers and that transsexual mercenary. But this particular case isn't it. There were dark skinned people in ferelden as npcs before, but apparently their graphics shades sucked or something and only went so far. Which is why Isabella who to me looked white at the time was supposed to look the way she does now in DA 2.

Even if that isn't the case, I'm honestly not seeing half the population being black personally.

You're talking out of your ass. I've only encourntered maybe 3-5 black people. There is racism too,

But anyway, who cares?

Finally started the
Mission with Hawke and the fade, and how are people not talking about how awesome that was? So cool, especially the notes and memories and such that you could read. Very cool seeing the fade in 2014. And in it's physical state. Sort of.

Also, you look really really good in this part of the game. Must be the lighting.

And, not only do I not hate
Hawke, though I never "hated" them really, just felt meh. I actually liked him a lot in this sequence.

Took a rather funny screenshot of that scene.

Really liked Hawke's appearance.

I sacrificed him though, he was really bitter about what happened at Kirkwall and imo he deseved a hero's death

I let him live. Stroud was an aging warden, and that's who I had. Didn't make sense to sacrifice Hawke instead of him. I let the remaining wardens in the inquisition though. Seems like a risk, but with the darkspawn and corypheus, it seems like a stupid move to give up the few people that can end darkspawn madness for good. Corypheus went after them first for a reason. Though of course part of that reason must have been because he simply could. But they can still be used, and the few remaining are just footsoldiers.

edit:
Plus, taking his toys and making them mine seems to be a theme here, lol.

Last edited:
There were darker NPCs in DA before. You'd occasionally encounter dark-skinned elves, and Isabella and Duncan are both Rivaini hence Moorish. The mother of the city elf PC (who you see in Leliana's Song) is dark skinned. The engine didn't render dark skin tones well, though- they looked purple.

Top Bottom