Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
Sera continues to stick out like a sore thumb... whoever wrote her... fail. She really shouldn't even be here. I figure they're trying to make her a robin hood type, but it fails.

Written by Lukas Kristjanson who also wrote the DLC Leliana's Song and co-wrote the plot for A Paragon of Her Kind with Jennifer Hepler.
In DA2: Aveline Vallen and Carver Hawke.

Okay so note to self stay far away from that character.

Written by Lukas Kristjanson who also wrote the DLC Leliana's Song and co-wrote the plot for A Paragon of Her Kind with Jennifer Hepler.
In DA2: Aveline Vallen and Carver Hawke.

Okay so note to self stay far away from that character.

This explains a lot. If you told me she was based off of a beginner fanfiction writer's character, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.

Sera continues to stick out like a sore thumb... whoever wrote her... fail. She really shouldn't even be here. I figure they're trying to make her a robin hood type, but it fails.

There is quite a large discussion on the BSN about Sera with good reason.

She is the most obnoxious,juvenile daft twat ive ever come across.
She has no redeeming qualities and she isnt even a good "bad" person either.It feels like the writer tried making this "funny" dashing rouge character but failed completely.

I just want to stuff her in a box and throw her of a fucking mountain.

Not to mention how mysterious they tried to make her sound. A lot of roundabout nonsense topped off with some of the worst English English I've ever heard. I swear I didn't understand a fucking thing she was talking about when I first met her.

She does say and do amusing things every now and then. But meh, I think I'll leaver her ass in Orlais next time.

You can tell her to literally fuck herself in her personal quest. I loved it.

I wish I could have executed her, I really REALLY wanted to do that.

You know they'd just pull a Leliana on her...

Bigger question why can't I ever kill off the characters that annoy me in Bioware games? Leliana (killed her but she just has massive plot armor +20), Liara and this one sounds just as annoying..

Don't you bad mouth my Liara :p She's all that I have left, now that they ruined Ashley... Mass Effect 3's sad clone version is the main reason I replayed the first to kill her off. Preserve her badassiness. At least Cassandra makes up for it though.

---------- Updated at 05:01 PM ----------

Oh and that Lelianna plot armor thing with her death from Origins... was fucking hilarious. And sad. But mostly hilarious. Oh, Bioware...

I feel bad for those who killed her in their official warden playthrough.

Liara is love, Liara is life

Liara is love, Liara is life

---------- Updated at 10:35 PM ----------

@Princess_Ciri, unless you're planning on getting an uber expensive PC, make sure you turn off Multisample antialiaising, and Ambient Occlusion.

Ambient Occlusion is basically how much shadow and shading you see from objects in relation to one another and various light sources. It basically makes lighting in games more realistic. This unfortunately, when set to the higher settings, is very very taxing on your CPU and GPU. Ever since my fixes, my game was running well, but then it degraded to me having about three freezes a day. After that, it froze frequently at first, then stabilized until the night, and it'd freeze some more. Today, after my epic, but freeze fest dragon battle, the freezing got pretty much as bad as it always was.

So after playing around with some settings, mainly changing the display to fullscreen window display, which makes switching from the game to the desktop much much smoother and seamless, and of course turning Ambient Occlusion down, the game's been playing just fine. No freezes, and I noticed as soon as I switched it back to full, the freezes started again immediately, and I had to delete the file in the saves area that keeps all your game options settings to even get on the damn game's main menu and fix back my settings. SSAO may work for you too. It did for me, rather than turning Ambient Occlusion all the way off, and I'm glad because the game's lighting quality is noticeably different with it off. SSAO is a fair compromise.

Everything else I have maxed, and no freezes at all anymore. Just what I needed.

---------- Updated at 10:37 PM ----------

Also, read somewhere that this is an issue especially with this Battlefield engine, and with Battlefield 4, they had to set it to "performance" in the control panel. I tried that too, didn't work. Dragon Age Inquisition is much more sensitive to Ambient Occlusion than Battlefield 4.

So a big question remains... can anyone tell me if the multi-player is any fun?
It is fun. It feels like playing an MMO dungeon and it's quite challenging. You receive gold quite fast especially if you do side activites. Also a good thing is that you can unlock armors, weapons and different character classes through crafting system, you don't have to rely only on packs. It only has 3 maps at the moment, but they are randomly generated at least. Combat is pretty much the same, without pause and skill trees are a bit different.

Angry Joe's take on multiplayer in his review was just plain dumb. He saw the Premium deals and got buthurt over it, immediately stating MP is bad without even giving any other reasons. I understand his frustration over them, i hate premium sales same as he does but he condemned the whole MP because what he saw in the store section. Well ME3 did the exact same thing and he didn't complained about it.

In the end this is SP game, but MP is functional and it works.

@SlayDeth Good to know, it didn't bother most people in ME3 so if it's similar to that. It might hold up for those "I only have an hour or two to play a bit" times.

Now I'll just have to work my ass off today and once I don't need my internet for anything else anymore get the game. Will probably be in the night

Don't you bad mouth my Liara :p She's all that I have left, now that they ruined Ashley... Mass Effect 3's sad clone version is the main reason I replayed the first to kill her off. Preserve her badassiness. At least Cassandra makes up for it though.

---------- Updated at 05:01 PM ----------

Oh and that Lelianna plot armor thing with her death from Origins... was fucking hilarious. And sad. But mostly hilarious. Oh, Bioware...

I feel bad for those who killed her in their official warden playthrough.

She is only romanceable character who doesn't go full retard from (M)ass effect 1 to (M)ass effect 2.

Well, he didn't want to take lyrium anymore because he didn't agree with what the templars had become, mentioning that aside from pain insanity is a possibility as well, He only tells you this a few months after the Inquisition formed. What if he went crazy from lyrium addiction. As the leader of the inquisitor's forces that would be a huge blow against morale. A crazy drug addict leading your ranks? What could possibly go wrong?

After all this is over? Sure, do whatever but don't endanger the Inquisition. At the very least he should have told you right off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD6dpvAoru8

Last edited:
@Princess_Ciri, unless you're planning on getting an uber expensive PC, make sure you turn off Multisample antialiaising, and Ambient Occlusion.

Ambient Occlusion is basically how much shadow and shading you see from objects in relation to one another and various light sources. It basically makes lighting in games more realistic. This unfortunately, when set to the higher settings, is very very taxing on your CPU and GPU. Ever since my fixes, my game was running well, but then it degraded to me having about three freezes a day. After that, it froze frequently at first, then stabilized until the night, and it'd freeze some more. Today, after my epic, but freeze fest dragon battle, the freezing got pretty much as bad as it always was.

So after playing around with some settings, mainly changing the display to fullscreen window display, which makes switching from the game to the desktop much much smoother and seamless, and of course turning Ambient Occlusion down, the game's been playing just fine. No freezes, and I noticed as soon as I switched it back to full, the freezes started again immediately, and I had to delete the file in the saves area that keeps all your game options settings to even get on the damn game's main menu and fix back my settings. SSAO may work for you too. It did for me, rather than turning Ambient Occlusion all the way off, and I'm glad because the game's lighting quality is noticeably different with it off. SSAO is a fair compromise.

Everything else I have maxed, and no freezes at all anymore. Just what I needed.

DA:I will be the first game I try on my PC so I will have to test for myself how well it will run things. But if it crashes and freezes regularly I will turn off those things first, thanks for the warning. I am probably going to try running the game on high at first, and if my PC feels as though it is coping without any issues I will try going up to ultra.

Hmmm depending how how well I can negotiate with my parents, I may be able to play DA:I this coming weekend. Fingers crossed.

Top Bottom