Movies / TV Shows!

+
I watch Constantine thinking Matt Ryan is playing a trapped in time Edward Kenway. And I giggle every time he says "mate" and "love". It's even funnier after you drank a few. As for him being a proper depiction of the comic version of Constantine, yeah, no. But he's decent, better than Keanu that's for sure.

I don't know about you guys, but I watch superhero shows to have FUN! Is it dumb? Yes, but I personally couldn't give a shit. I enjoy these shows and that's all that matters to me. Just don't go insulting them because you don't like them, as there's other people who WILL like the shows. It doesn't paint you in a good light.

AL, I love you, man, but you're taking this way too seriously.

I just think that some people need to structure their sentences better so they don't offend anyone. You don't see me slagging off other peoples interests as while I might not like such things, I know that there's other people who do.

P.S: I love you too :) AND everyone else! :hrhr:

I don't know about you guys, but I watch superhero shows to have FUN! Is it dumb? Yes, but I personally couldn't give a shit. I enjoy these shows and that's all that matters to me. Just don't go insulting them because you don't like them, as there's other people who WILL like the shows. It doesn't paint you in a good light.

I'm sorry if it came across a little too strong. With Constantine in particular, the main reason I'm annoyed is because I think it could be a LOT better than it is, and I have a horrible fear that it's going to end up being cancelled after the first season because the ratings are dropping.

And I agree that The Flash is fun to watch. The girlfriend thing is my only complaint about it.

I watch Constantine thinking Matt Ryan is playing a trapped in time Edward Kenway. And I giggle every time he says "mate" and "love". It's even funnier after you drank a few. As for him being a proper depiction of the comic version of Constantine, yeah, no. But he's decent, better than Keanu that's for sure.

Lol I have the same problem. I think hearing him before in AC:BF is a huge part of the reason why I find his performance so amusing. Hes alright as constantine but its nice that hes at least fun to watch.

Rant time. The Flash first - Is there some law of TV shows that if you have a superhero with a secret identity, he MUST have a not-quite-girlfriend who a) falls in love with the superhero version, and b ) starts to investigate him to find out his identity? Just once, can they include the not-quite-girlfriend in the list of people who find out his identity in the first episode?

And Constantine. Bad casting, crappy development of anything remotely resembling inter-personal dynamics, and why is it that so many British leads over the last few years talkreallyfast and bounce around as though they've just inhaled something white through a straw? Constantine, Da Vinci's Demons, Aladdin... The only good things about Constantine so far is that at least, as it's set in modern times, we're not getting the costume anachronisms of the other two. Oh, and the death scene a couple of episodes ago was OK.

It says a lot for the series that Keanu Reeves was actually better than the new guy.

The only Brit-actor one at the moment that actually seems to work is Sleepy Hollow. I just wish they'd kill off the annoying wife.

Yeah its true on superheroes/girlfriends and their not so secret identities and it does annoy me some, but I think its something thats generally a norm to the point now that I'm just used to it. I get that its useful to add some form dynamic and interest to their relationships in the shows. On another note I loved that arrow introduced diggle though. He makes it so much better imo!

I'm hoping constantine picks it up in the next episodes because its not that interesting now. All the little teasing with the meaningless angel appearances with mentioning of the rising darkness doesn't work for me, really hoping that it all pays off in the end. I really want to like it too.

Intro music is awesome though.

I'm hoping constantine picks it up in the next episodes because its not that interesting now. All the little teasing with the meaningless angel appearances with mentioning of the rising darkness doesn't work for me, really hoping that it all pays off in the end. I really want to like it too.

Yup, same here, and I'm pretty worried that they've screwed it up. I see they haven't ordered the back nine episodes, and there's a lot of doubt about a second season. This SHOULD be a good series - it's a theme that's popular, Constantine is an amazing character, it ought to be popular. But it's just not working.

Oh, and on Arrow, I like the way Felicity is being shown.

Only a rerun of "Chopped", but I just watched Ukrainian chef Natasha Pogrebinsky produce a lamb Stroganoff with a dill pickle vodka chaser. If the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, I think I'm in lust.

Only a rerun of "Chopped", but I just watched Ukrainian chef Natasha Pogrebinsky produce a lamb Stroganoff with a dill pickle vodka chaser. If the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, I think I'm in lust.

I saw the picture before reading the post and I thought "What´s Katie Holmes doing with that knife??"

that looks unbelievably bad. the menace of the t-1000 replaced by a normal looking asian guy. and the mad scene. nuke trails visible from space? ok...it's like a bad videogame rendering.

that looks unbelievably bad. the menace of the t-1000 replaced by a normal looking asian guy. and the mad scene. nuke trails visible from space? ok...it's like a bad videogame rendering.

I think it looks like a Terminator 2 remake which should not be done! They will NEVER top the first two films.

@slimgrin : That looks pretty good for a remake. I wonder though, is such flood of remakes for classic science fiction films a new trend? As if screenwriters lost original ideas and aren't interested in creating something new. Total Recall, Robocop etc. Most of them come out pretty bad too. What's next, Blade Runner?

Last edited:
It's a reboot done by the same guy who did the original Mad Max, apparently he wanted to do this for a long time.

Not a fan of this trailer, liked the first one quite a lot tho.

It's a reboot done by the same guy who did the original Mad Max, apparently he wanted to do this for a long time.

Ah, that's better. It's not unlike creators of original Wasteland working on the new one (though that's really a sequel).

From that genre I also like Waterworld.

Last edited:
Started watching Selfie (I've been meaning to watch it for a while, I love John Cho) and it's actually quite funny. Shame it's getting cancelled...

@slimgrin

"The filming of the latest Mad Max action feature in the world's oldest desert has caused a major outcry, with environmentalists accusing filmmakers of damaging Namibia's sensitive ecosystem."

This is what made me think it's gonna be a fun movie. I hope Mel's cameo is good.

Top Bottom