Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
just because the game is being released on consoles now too, doesnt have to mean that the PC Version will suck
Well, experience tells me that this in indeed the case. It's a big difference whether you make a game exclusively for PC enthusiasts or if the PC enthusiasts are only a small minority of your democracy. In the end, game development is a business and CDPR proved more than once that they act according to simple business philosophies. That doesn't mean that the visuals won't be better on PC. Visuals of AC Unity are also significantly better on PC although the game has a clear console focus. But it's still not the same as a true PC-only game.

Last edited:
I don't see why they would make a trailer to "Prepare people for a downgrade" when they released screenshots weeks ago of two areas we've seen already that are drastically improved.
As I said, I'm out of options. This trailer sucked. They get rid of the black stripes (ABOUT TIME) and we're 80 days from release. And all we got is... this?
I can't see the point. I've already seen Ciri, Yennefer, swords ballerina contest, the King, people riding on horses. I've already heard enough punchlines. Couldn't see the point in releasing the intro too last time.

As I said, I'm out of options. This trailer sucked. They get rid of the black stripes (ABOUT TIME) and we're 80 days from release. And all we got is... this?
I can't see the point. I've already seen Ciri, Yennefer, swords ballerina contest, the King, people riding on horses. I've already heard enough punchlines. Couldn't see the point in releasing the intro too last time.
Yep, totally agree on a lot of that. There is an official thread about the trailer now. I'm happy to hear Yen's voice though. http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...is-Most-Anticipated-Game-new-trailer-released!

Attachments

• the-witcher-3-the-witcher-3-the-wild-hunt-the-best-game-of-2015-here-s-why.jpg
    the-witcher-3-the-witcher-3-the-wild-hunt-the-best-game-of-2015-here-s-why.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 2677491-9831399076-iKcRG.jpg
    2677491-9831399076-iKcRG.jpg
    390.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Witcher-3-VGX-Trailer.jpg
    Witcher-3-VGX-Trailer.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 49
Well, experience tells me that this in indeed the case. It's a big difference whether you make a game exclusively for PC enthusiasts or if the PC enthusiasts are only a small minority of your democracy. In the end, game development is a business and CDPR proved more than once that they act according to simple business philosophies. That doesn't mean that the visuals won't be better on PC. Visuals of AC Unity are also significantly better on PC although the game has a clear console focus. But it's still not the same as a true PC-only game.

This as a PC-Only Game would totally not sell enough, so that CDPR get something out of it.
Are you saying that AC:U didnt look good enough?
the graphics were/are spectacular, atleast in my book

Oh boy this thread.

So in a nutshell people are accusing CDPR of downgrading the game just to screw over the fans because... reasons of it's evil and they love doing evil things amirite

Oh boy this thread.

So in a nutshell people are accusing CDPR of downgrading the game just to screw over the fans because... reasons of it's evil and they love doing evil things amirite
Look at games recently, can you really blame them for being worried about a downgrade?

I wish to have your concerns guys. So few points why.

1. Optimalization. Yes. Developers and companies developed this bad habbit of showing of their best out of technical demos and then when they have make it run on most of the target hardware, suprisingly the sacrfices have to be done.

2. Overall gameplay mechanics. This is what matters whether the game will be good or not. Yes graphic might improve this, however, if gameplay desing has holes and hell, there is lot of place for desing mistakes in such a huge game, then graphics really won´t matter.

3. Is the game really finished? That is what matters most. If the insider was right and game won´t be mostly bug free and well optimized, none of the 2 previous points matters. It will end up as new AC and we will have to wait long time until game gets finished.

I mean yes. It is not cool if they decrease the graphic quality but is it really a problem compared to the other things what could happen? No. And yet you make out of graphics the big deal.

Last edited:
@broccolisoup You're in a thread about visual quality and people are going to be talking about visual quality more than other things. People have tried and tried to get gameplay details from them but they are tight lipped. Just look at that QnA thread and then the answers that were given.

Look at games recently, can you really blame them for being worried about a downgrade?

Just tells me people need more self control in what they buy and when to buy it to be honest, a lesson I learned the hard way with Dragon Age 2.

Oh boy this thread.

nobody is accusing CDPR of 'being evil' rofl. if you were a true gamer you'd know downgrades happen because of three reasons 1) its too graphically demanding in an open world 2) to make the game on par with consoles or 3) earlier representations of the game were pre-rendered and purely for marketing purposes.

However there is a 4th potential reason: that this trailer was purely and simply rushed

Last edited:
Reserving judgement for now, waiting til we get some actual clarification from RED, aka the people who actually know what's going on, and are not just a bunch of angry speculators. But by clarification, I mean clarification, not calming words, or a ''have faith'' speech we could've come up with ourselves.

@broccolisoup You're in a thread about visual quality and people are going to be talking about visual quality more than other things. People have tried and tried to get gameplay details from them but they are tight lipped. Just look at that QnA thread and then the answers that were given.

Then tell me why are there over 20 sites of posts in less than half of a day? Don´t you think people care way too much about graphics without considering other problems. I wanted to point that out but don´t worry. I won´t post there again if you want to continue in your stupid rant.

the witcher 3 35 min demo got allot of flak but was, at least in my opinion close to the VGX trailers visual quality (or at least better than the SOD trailer in quality) so I doubt that we can expect CDPR to down grade for pc if they have already achieved that quality. You don't put out that kind of quality product on show and sell people short, especially if you have any clue of the current climate around ubisoft's controversial downgrades... its short of suicide (not really but still). it could have something to do with the consoles, but CDPR have not said anything about a downgrade, and their silence is what is worrying most of all.

I want to believe though that CDPR are being creative or clever with the PR work by lowering our guard with lesser quality trailers, so when we finally see the game in its finest quality, we are blown away by it. (and this might make sense because we have never exactly seen the game with all its graphical features... maybe).but looking at the VGX trailer and then the most recent one... the difference in quality is not subtly, in fact it is steep, especially when comparing the king of the hunt.

Personally, I think this Industry needs to change and to stop calling people "Entitled" for wanting what was advertised. (Developers have seriously done this. Google it)

I agree of course but nothing has been falsely advertised here as we can quite clearly see what we are getting in this advertisement with this "downgrade"

Then tell me why are there over 20 sites of posts in less than half of a day? Don´t you think people care way too much about graphics without considering other problems. I wanted to point that out but don´t worry. I won´t post there again if you want to continue in your stupid rant.
Hey man, we get a lot of posts in threads very quickly whenever there is news. Good or bad. Still, I can understand why people may care about visuals. They built PCs that cost a lot of money to max games out at 60FPS+. Some of them care because they believe old marketing was lying to them and now they are disappointed and angry about that. I believe though that some people do have this idea in their head that The Witcher 3 was going to be the next Crysis and they would be let down no matter what.

what 'other problems' are you in fact talking about? there are no 'other problems' ....we're all aware that the voice acting is great, that the map is huge, the story is most likely great, that the gameplay will most likely be great too. what we can see now and which is obvious is that the graphics are night and day different to that shown in the past. I for one am not blaming CDPR I just want clarification. I'm not a graphics whore that's refusing to buy the game because 'ZOMG those textures aren't high res enough'...I just want an explanation. goddam....why do people jump on the bandwagon and think we're brainless zombies in bed with pixels.

PS> you're also forgetting that A LOT of people spent hundreds to thousands of dollars to upgrade their PCs for this title ALONE. yeah no shit that some of them are pissed if indeed it turns out to be a downgrade.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom