Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uncompressed or not those textures on the king look horrendous. It's not about the art style rather on the technical side of things.

Uncompressed or not those textures on the king look horrendous. It's not about the art style rather on the technical side of things.

Honestly, who knows at this point, there has been such a varying quality between the last few trailers that none of us know how the game will end up looking (for better or worse).

Well, yeah. Somethings are fault of compression but the hair still looks like E3 and other stuff

"Unfortunately, in this case, compression gave us a terrible toll. I wanted to assure you that we are working on a new version herald that We will provide our channel as soon as possible. It will, of course, much higher quality. Once again, I wanted to assure you that there is no question of any downgradzie."

ALso, he said that he stands by saying the PS4 version looks great and he played it on Friday.

Thanks.

Well, it would be really dumb to release an uncompressed version with those armor textures (just the king's actually), so I'm thinking if they said they will upload another version, there will be something different. Otherwise they wouldn't have done it.
That's logical and I hope so. If stuff like the textures look the same then there is going to be a bigger back lash probably.

My vote is to just lock this thread. Seriously. Why the hyperbole people? No need to have a knee-jerk reaction over one trailer.

Exactly how many trailers does it take before people should start questioning the quality? And yes, silencing legitimate concerns is first class marketing.............

View attachment 8122

This is thumbnail from youtube trailer.
I think, it presents original trailer quality before YouTube transcoding and it looks much better.

Yeah, I didn't think the compressed version loses all the lighting that makes stuff shine. But even the ESRB rating and the CDPR logo have weird poor quality with jagged edges.

Oh dear...

Harsh words but I agree with that there is some credit for questioning the actual image quality of the game, more so than can be solved with a few words.
Hopefully the improved trailer will look as amazing as one can hope.

Talk about openly lying CDPR.

Downgrade? More like neutering the fucking game.

I mean does anyone REMEMBER THIS?! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbXvl7-XlaY

I know, the difference is like night and day. And people are still saying yesterdays trailer might be an old build. Why would they still be using an old build three months from release, yet be using a superior build over a year ago?

Last edited:
If people think a company is lying to them then they need to state it. Especially in the video game industry that is recently filled with lies, deceit, and shitty business practices. I find it hard to believe the game will look like this, but that doesn't mean everyone should shut up. I can see where other people are coming from when they get concerned. I can see why they are fed up with having this type of thing happen (If it does happen). While I've made many posts explaining my position I still have a bit of a doubt in my mind just because of how shitty this industry has been recently. Yeah, CDPR has a good reputation and I like them a lot but I've seen so many companies go down the wrong path and it's not impossible for it to happen here.

Stand up for your rights as a consumer and stand up to what you may perceive as false advertising or lying. Especially in this industry that has a real big issue with calling you entitled when you want what was advertised.

Last edited:
Still waiting for my story trailer!

I don't care too much about graphics and "downgrade" in the long run. I'm more concerned I still don't know why I should be excited by this game, except for the fact it's a sequel to TW2. Trailers don't help me at all. Being a "CDPR game", having no DRM and free DLCs (great..............) isn't enough to make the experience worthwhile to me.

Then let me phrase the obvious question: Has the marketing team lost their minds to not show us PC footage on the highest settings?

It's so suprising how much it can be written and most of it about nothing - I know many or you are worried about graphic. but that concern was mentioned on the first page. Now we have got 297replies without single word from devs ... sorry, but now I don't understand. You can express similar worries by "thank you" or "red point", but not with fighting about one video from youtube with doubtful quality.

Please, let the other side respond and explain it, 30 another pages are not necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom