Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet Marcin Momot claimed in his post that the graphics look worse because of Youtube, he didn't say anything about this running on a console or at lower settings. I mean if that was the case, don't you think he would mention that?

No it would have looked lke that at the event as well. So it was probably an error else where.

This has nothing to do with youtubes shitty compression routines but more with not letting the PC steal the show. Can it be anymore obvious?

It's obvious that the first screen (new trailer) is not representative of the game, there is something wrong, texture not loading/lowest setting or whatever, the whole trailer is all over the place with good textures at places and minimum settings textures on other places, it's not a downgrade at this point, it a problem when making the trailer, ill repeat myself, let's wait for the new version of the trailer they announced.

If you ask me that looks like a rendering issue. Like the textures haven't loaded properly. Not even skyrim had textures that bad.

This. Those textures are so bad, no sane person would release game in such state. 3DS games have better textures than this.

I support the theory that they are using an older build. If we take a closer look at the e3 and 35 minute footage, we will notice that AO seems to be off (you can see this better with this comparison http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/102245 by looking at Geralt's underarmor and Granny's necklace) and it also seems to be absent in this new trailer in spots that should be pretty apparent, which supports the older build theory. The Witcher 3 is also supposed to use Nvidia's Hairworks, which is tottaly absent again in every single trailer except the one scene with the bear charging at Geralt.

Take a proper look at famitsu's screenshots and compare. I don't really believe next gen consoles will have a game without AO given the previous installment had it on last gen.

Agreed. If it was just a video compression issue, what's taking so long?
Well, it's a saturday.

Really though, how did this get greenlit? Who works in their marketing team? The marketing team seems like it's been really bad or uncaring for a while now. That comparison blew my mind. I actually laughed a bit at how different it is. I'm hoping that something went terribly wrong. I really really am. I was defending this trailer but that difference is stunning to me.

Not even Witcher 2 on 360 looked like this

While I still believe in CDPR, the "we won't downgrade it" excuse is not cutting it anymore.

This downgrade shit has been going on for months and it si time to give a more precise answer - from what platform were those shots taken and how old was the build?

It's not like it is hard to answer that.

Well, it's a saturday.

Really though, how did this get greenlit? Who works in their marketing team? That comparison blew my mind. I actually laughed a bit at how different it is. I'm hoping that something went terribly wrong. I really really am. I was defending this trailer but that difference is stunning to me.

Yes it's Saturday, but this shitstorm needs to be addressed, and if it's just compression issues, it's not that hard to do so. I know I would be called in to sort things out ASAP if such a thing happened in my job.

And, yes, I don't know how this was released? Somebody is going to get their ass kicked.

And no sane person would release a trailer that looks much worse than the final product.

Yeah, I agree. But the point Im trying to make is that those textures are so bad that you cant even call it downgrade, its like from Crash bandicoot game from PS1 era. Something else must have happened. Somebody fucked something up really hard or something like that.

Well, it's a saturday.

Really though, how did this get greenlit? Who works in their marketing team? The marketing team seems like it's been really bad or uncaring for a while now. That comparison blew my mind. I actually laughed a bit at how different it is. I'm hoping that something went terribly wrong. I really really am. I was defending this trailer but that difference is stunning to me.

Saturday AFTER such a big thing as Game Awards with a world premier trailer on it and recieving an award.

It's a bit sad how any analysis or critic to anything related to CDPR is seen as hate for some hardcore fans around here and automatically is asumpted you're just attacking with evil intentions. Loving something doesn't mean absolute lack of critic spirit.

Well, it's a saturday.

Or pehaps all these while they are hyping with edited images & trailers and this time decided to reveal the truth to lower people expectations?

n0rv

Forum veteran
Really though, how did this get greenlit? Who works in their marketing team? That comparison blew my mind.

Heh. I'm on this forum 7 years already, and I've seen things you can't even imagine.
This is not one of those things.

Yes it's Saturday, but shitstorm needs to be addressed, and if it's just compression issues, it's not that hard to do so. I know I would be called in to sort things out ASAP if such a thing happened in my job.

And, yes, I don't know how this was released? Somebody is going to get their as kicked.
True, I think this should be nipped if it can be as soon as they can. This is a serious issue. This is not some bad screenshot, this is a trailer at a big gaming event that has been on youtube for like 12 hours or so. This will no doubt hurt sales and obviously already hurt their reputation to some people.

Or pehaps all these while they are hyping with edited images & trailers and this time decided to reveal the truth to lower people expectations?

Except that Marcin argued it was compression.

hard dilemma for a company that does not want to disappoint their fans.
If they choose to show the best of the best of the game in the trauçilers, the criticism would boil after the game's release whem comparisons come, because there would no be any srprise, every good item would be known prior.
And if, to avoid such disappointment, they saved the best for the first day fans can play the game surprising themself with great unexpected stuff, then these unsatisfied fans criticize the low quality of the trailers ...

Nobody can pleases everyone. Could you? If not, why are demaning CDPR do it?

Dude, look at that difference. This is beyond a downgrade. I am not exaggerating when I say that this looks like a PS vita game. It is either the worst downgrade in recent history or something has gone incredibly wrong

Yeah, I agree. But the point Im trying to make is that those textures are so bad that you cant even call it downgrade, its like from Crash bandicoot game from PS1 era. Something else must have happened. Somebody fucked something up really hard or something like that.

Maybe the project got out of hand and they had to drastically downgrade the game to make it playable. But I don't know, at this point it's best to wait for the uncompressed version and then judge how the game looks.

Exactly how many trailers does it take before people should start questioning the quality? And yes, silencing legitimate concerns is first class marketing.............
"Lock this thread"? Really? So now every thread when people want to discuss their concerns will be locked? What is this shit? Bioware forum? I didnt know that this forum is only for fanboys.
It's not people voicing concerns I have a problem with. It's people over-reacting, which is exactly what people are doing now. Your hyperbolic replies just goes to show that. Wait until we have more information people.

@wichat Excuse me for holding CDPR to their own standards.

They showed us footage of the game looking considerably better then it does now. That's openly taking the piss on your consumers and lying to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom