2nd PLAYABLE character confirmed as Ciri

+

2nd PLAYABLE character confirmed as Ciri

• Total voters
i don't like this idea too...i hope it's not like in the end of RDR(after completing main quests main character dies and you get to play another char)

I on the other hand would like to explore the world deeper as someone else. Someone new, who i can charaterise on my own terms. We never had that in this universe before. And whose to say Lambert can't play an important part.

I'm probably wrong, but still hoping I'm not.

I really wonder how they'll do this.
Hope it's not just scripted segments you get to play as this character, but actually also in the open world. If they do that it seems likely that each character will have quests specific to them that the other can't complete as I'm sure going into the same conversation as different players would be odd.

The novels themselves were already heavily focused on Ciri, so if they have to make secondary playable character let it be Yen (great for gameplay variety since she uses spells in combat rather than swords) or some other witcher, even Eredin would be great, anything but Ciri.

Last edited:
I am 90% sure the second character is this guy. . Damien said to pay close attention, which means the character is kinda hidden. You can see his hand on 0:34.
Guys pay attention, he is goddamn right, no co-op but this guy playable, look his hand in here
And the guy from the image that En-en posted, it fits, its the same guy with the same rings, and i fcking bet that guy is going to be playable,Only a playable character can have such a cinematic like that in front of the King of the Wild Hunt and being out of the more than known saga characters.
Maybe a Skellige guy, affected somehow in this Wild Hunt madness? Any revenge stuff?
btw En-en, where did you get the image?

Attachments

• Captura.jpg
    Captura.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 53
It must be Ciri. You can see the story evolving from her sight without knowing what happened to her before. It is ideal choice. Also she must have similar combat style compared to Geralt.

GTA V did it well, it really kept the story moving for me. It was less boring because I could switch between 3 main players, just about anytime I wanted to in line with the story was neat for that game. I do like how rockstar games feel and play out like a really good movie, I can see TW3 doing this well too. Keeps us on our toes and always guessin;)

I'm wondering, not in a snide way, why do some people not like this and\or don't see the merit?

I think it has several advantages. It exposes you to some story bits that are probably essential, or at least I hope they are. If it's just swapping characters for the sake of swapping characters, I worry it might not be done with as much a sense of purpose. Also, it lets you see new and unique areas, areas that there might not be any reason for Geralt to travel to. Remember when we read on a few occasions that besides the two main maps there are smaller areas that aren't directly connected? Maybe this is part of it, then.

Open Worlds with single (or even duo) maps are limiting. There are places you can't visit because they're too far away. Or alternatively, the Devs can attach them to the map, but the scale would be ridiculous and ruin immersion - such as a trip from Novigrad to Kaer Morhen taking a mere twenty minutes on horseback, while it should be a matter of weeks. This is why I like DA:I's model - multi-regions which are Open Worlds.

Swapping you temporarily to a different character opens new narrative paths for CDPR as well as taking us to faraway areas we otherwise wouldn't see.

I'm happy about this (even if it's not with unique areas).

One thing is certain I think, it won't be Yen, since they would have to create a whole new magic system for that. It's either Ciri or that random guy from the artwork.

Guys. Damien said it was someone in this trailer. That restricts it to being Ciri, Yennifer, Lambert, King Of The Wild Hunt, or that random peasant. @FILTHYKOALA should've mentioned this in his OP.

I'm wondering, not in a snide way, why do some people not like this and\or don't see the merit?

I think it has several advantages. It exposes you to some story bits that are probably essential, or at least I hope they are. If it's just swapping characters for the sake of swapping characters, I worry it might not be done with as much a sense of purpose. Also, it lets you see new and unique areas, areas that there might not be any reason for Geralt to travel to. Remember when we read on a few occasions that besides the two main maps there are smaller areas that aren't directly connected? Maybe this is part of it, then.

Open Worlds with single (or even duo) maps are limiting. There are places you can't visit because they're too far away. Or alternatively, the Devs can attach them to the map, but the scale would be ridiculous and ruin immersion - such as a trip from Novigrad to Kaer Morhen taking a mere twenty minutes on horseback, while it should be a matter of weeks. This is why I like DA:I's model - multi-regions which are Open Worlds.

Swapping you temporarily to a different character opens new narrative paths for CDPR as well as taking us to faraway areas we otherwise wouldn't see.

I'm happy about this (even if it's not with unique areas).

I´m just afraid that the other character we play will be cooler/more fun than Geralt himself.

Yes, just red that in another thread..He said "significant"...What that means? 10% of time? 20%? 50%?
Someone's gonna steal the game from Geralt :D :D

We won't know anytime soon I guess. This can be a good thing in my opinion, as it can help us connect to the character more, as Ciri isn't that familiar even to book readers since so much time has passed (it's probably her in question :D)

Last edited:
Yes, just red that in another thread..He said "significant"...What that means? 10% of time? 20%? 50%?
Someone's gonna steal the game from Geralt :D :D

I read the use of "significant" to mean that the time spent as the other character would matter significantly to the narrative, not indicative of the quantity of time spent.

I see no reason, even technically adding a magical skillset, why the character couldn't be Yen or Ciri.

Top Bottom