Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
I've finally had the chance to play this weekend and omggg it's been so much fun. The beginning part of the Hinterlands was so bewildering though, so many quests and I had no fucking idea where I was even going half the time @__@
I do like how the game has parts just to remind you how even if I'm 5 levels higher than I was last time I can still get my ass kicked.

And in the entire time I've played it there's not been a single glitch or crash, despite playing everything on ultra. I'm very happy with everything!!!

Each dragon should have had different abilities. They became too easy after my third kill.

Same, though that's got more to do with leveling I think. I tell you what though, even with my character's level in the 20s, that last dragon in the snowy map that's enclosed in that building... fucking tedious and hard as shit. I beat it like four times though, more or less. Game kept freezing on me near the end unfortunately.

It seems like the game unstabilizes itself when you mess with the graphics settings too much. I did notice that after tweaking it while in the middle of the game, a crash afterwards was pretty much inevitable. So I followed Veleda's advice and just let the game choose its own settings after I cleared my profile options yet again, even though most of those settings for me are really high, like ultra everything and past that when it can, but it worked. I'm not freezing up every 10 or 15 minutes anymore like I was for almost a whole day.

They still need to patch this but this will do. Thank God. I love Farcry 4 and all, but I didn't make this PC to play FPS games.

---------- Updated at 08:46 AM ----------

I've finally had the chance to play this weekend and omggg it's been so much fun. The beginning part of the Hinterlands was so bewildering though, so many quests and I had no fucking idea where I was even going half the time @__@
I do like how the game has parts just to remind you how even if I'm 5 levels higher than I was last time I can still get my ass kicked.

And in the entire time I've played it there's not been a single glitch or crash, despite playing everything on ultra. I'm very happy with everything!!!

Glad you finally got it :) What are you playing as?

I love it! Guy looks like a douche, lol, but that's awesome. I didn't think much of the cover when I first heard it, but after hearing that chantry song in the story and seeing it as my personal themesong for the Herald, it's grown on me a lot.

And I did get one crash, but it was after a few hours this time in the warroom, and not in the middle of fighting. I did a lot of fighting actually, and it worked just fine. The framerate's lower unfortunately, likely from the ambient occlusion being on max by the automatic default setting, but I'd rather not do any more fixes or edits like that. Game looks good, plays good, that's all I want.

---------- Updated at 10:16 AM ----------

Edit: Also, has anyone tried DA: O's duplication glitch here? It still works! No more farming stormheart for me.

DA:I won GOTY. Out of all the contenders I agree. I liked the game but not as much as I expected...maybe it's because I'm growing up lol. I'm not the same person I was 4-5 years ago.
Personally, I didn't think it deserve it. Sure Dragon Age Inquisition's story is really good but I don't think it shines in too many other areas. I haven't played most of the other contenders though.

Personally, I didn't think it deserve it. Sure Dragon Age Inquisition's story is really good but I don't think it shines in too many other areas. I haven't played most of the other contenders though.
I think it should have gotten GOTY easily, hands down. I mean, what else came out that's as memorable this year? I can't think of anything.

Well.... there was Dark Souls 2, Hearthstone, and Bayonetta 2. Those were all well reviewed.

EDIT: Forgot to mention Shadows Of Mordor.

Last edited:
Bayonetta 2? Lol, na.
Really? Why not Bayonetta 2? It's by Platinum games, and TB said it was the best action-game he has ever played. Not to mention it has the highest metacritic score of any game that came out this year. :coffee:

Last edited:
Really? Why not Bayonetta 2? It's by Platinum games, and TB said it was the best action-game he has ever played. Not to mention it has the highest metacritic score of any game that came out this year. :coffee:
Maybe it's because of my racism to Wii, lol. My cousin brought it over to my house to play... eh, just not for me. It doesn't help that I hate the art design either.
Hmm... Interesting. How does it work?

You send the item in question to the valuables area, make sure that's the only thing there, then when you're in a vender's inventory for selling, you press sell and sell all at the same time, with the sell all key a little bit earlier than sell. It's buttons for me since I'm using a controller. Not sure what the keys for that is. Then you buy it back and if done correctly, will come back double.

I ended up with over 200 stormbreak ore in less than 10 minutes, compared to God knows how long it'd take me to farm it from that cave in crestwood for barely forty.

And GOD, two champions using "To the Death" and a knight commander on one poor dragon, is the most unfair thing I've ever seen :lol: Not to mention Cassandra. That is the ultimate dragon killing party right there. And wow, Vivienne makes Solas and Dorian look like pussies. She only got dropped once in this dragon fight, and I'm pretty sure it's only because I didn't bother upgrading her armor an junk yet. She's still wearing and using level four stuff, and she STILL outperformed her male colleagues. LOLOLOL.

---------- Updated at 12:39 PM ----------

edit: Stormheart*

---------- Updated at 01:02 PM ----------

@Cheylus, got another exploit for ya. I figured this out when I revisited a cave in Crestwood.

Some chests, maybe all, not sure, will respawn what's inside them if you leave something behind. And if you use this on the chest in redcliffe that gives you a fade touched obsidian, you'll get as many of those as you want. Which is good, because it generates 3 guard with each hit. Can't get to it yet though since I don't have the deft hands perk, but if you do, go to that chest in redcliffe, Take what you want but leave the gold, then go to the tavern or something, then come back to the chest and there'll be another.

Also, the chest behind the dragon in the hinterlands on the boat has a fade touched obsidian every time. Not sure if that chest will respawn, didn't try it there, and I unfortunately already looted everything there before I remembered to test it. Will just have to wait.

Well.... there was Dark Souls 2, Hearthstone, and Bayonetta 2. Those were all well reviewed.

EDIT: Forgot to mention Shadows Of Mordor.

I played Dragon Age, Mordor and Dark Souls II and I enjoyed my time with Dragon Age the most. The competition wasn't really that strong though. People expected 2014 to be a great year for AAA gaming, boy were they wrong. Destiny, Watch Dogs and Unity failed. Inquisition is one of the few that managed to deliver. It's a good game held back by MMO mechanics and a mediocre story. Shadowrun: Dragonfall is my real game of the year.

Glad you finally got it :) What are you playing as?

Thanks! I'm sorry you're having problems with yours. Hope it gets fixed soon.

I am currently playing as a human female mage! and ofc i'm romancing Cullen :wub:

I can't play anymore though, I'm back at uni so I'll have to wait again until I go back for Christmas this Thursday. I'm glad to have at least had the opportunity now. And I can safely say any worries I had about the game are gone, although I'm not even sure if I'm halfway through the game yet.

So far my fave companion is Cassandra. She is cute and I love her <3 And surprisingly I don't like Dorian as much as I thought I would, but I like Sera and Blackwall more than I thought I would.

edit: also here are some photos of my Inquisitor. I took them on my phone bc I couldn't figure out how to print screen *sob* don't judge me

and here I tried to get a good photo of her but instead I captured her resting bitch face. I guess she was in a bad mood...

Last edited:
Thanks! I'm sorry you're having problems with yours. Hope it gets fixed soon.

I am currently playing as a human female mage! and ofc i'm romancing Cullen :wub:

I can't play anymore though, I'm back at uni so I'll have to wait again until I go back for Christmas this Thursday. I'm glad to have at least had the opportunity now. And I can safely say any worries I had about the game are gone, although I'm not even sure if I'm halfway through the game yet.

So far my fave companion is Cassandra. She is cute and I love her <3 And surprisingly I don't like Dorian as much as I thought I would, but I like Sera and Blackwall more than I thought I would.

edit: also here are some photos of my Inquisitor. I took them on my phone bc I couldn't figure out how to print screen *sob* don't judge me

and here I tried to get a good photo of her but instead I captured her resting bitch face. I guess she was in a bad mood...

It's fixed :) I took @Veleda's suggestion and just went with the graphics settings my game wanted to give me. I still got some freezes here and there, but largely they were gone. Then today, I read that Vsync actually lowers your fucking FPS rate if your PC's faster than your TV's refresh rate or something, so I unchecked that and viola. No freezes all day, the FPS rate looks higher than it's ever been, and practically everything but the very last setting is maxed, and it looks fantastic :)

Here's a little update from my Quizzy:

http://i.imgur.com/uD2CJC7.png

http://i.imgur.com/Jzapgww.png

http://i.imgur.com/HSBhayc.png

http://i.imgur.com/WiNTp5g.png

:lol:

Fav shots:

And these two aren't exactly his best moments, lol:

http://i.imgur.com/EsvcDLj.png
http://i.imgur.com/FgOXwjM.png

^I laughed pretty hard at that last one. That facial expression is priceless.

Last edited:
It's fixed :) I took @Veleda's suggestion and just went with the graphics settings my game wanted to give me. I still got some freezes here and there, but largely they were gone. Then today, I read that Vsync actually lowers your fucking FPS rate if your PC's faster than your TV's refresh rate or something, so I unchecked that and viola. No freezes all day, the FPS rate looks higher than it's ever been, and practically everything but the very last setting is maxed, and it looks fantastic :)

Glad to hear it :)

and lol those are good screenshots! out of curiosity, how do you print screen on origin games like you do with steam?
also where do you get that mount from? i bought all the ones from Dennet but I can't seem to get any quests to find others.

edit: As for print screen, it's a key on the top right of your keyboard. I used that after putting the game in window mode, but this is better:

http://www.fraps.com/

Warning, using this in game even with the overlay gone always seems to make my game freeze eventually and I have to reset my profile options and redownload the Visual C thing to make it stop.... Worth it though. And I think that it's just me and I have bad luck.

---------- Updated at 05:51 PM ----------

Glad to hear it :)

and lol those are good screenshots! out of curiosity, how do you print screen on origin games like you do with steam?
also where do you get that mount from? i bought all the ones from Dennet but I can't seem to get any quests to find others.

I don't think Origin has a built in screencap system unfortunately, so you'll need to use fraps. The mount is from this funny ass guy I found in Val Royeaux. On the top level there's one vender selling a mysterious box. Buy the box. Will cost you 10,000 gold. What's inside will allow you to do an operation at the war table, which will get you several of these badasses.

@Unkindled

You aren't alone in terms of weirdness - far from it. I've been on the forums a fair bit and tracking patch releases, running framerate tests, overclocking, declocking, etc.

I've also seen a lot of weirdness - drops to 5 fps in a quiet zone, for example. Menu locks. Total freezes. I'm running a fairly robust system and all sorts of parameters - the framesim rate adjusted, MSAA both on and off, Origin on and off in the background, you name it. Windowed, fullscreen, borderless, etc.

I rarely crash out hard, but I get a lot of oddball framedrops and occasional sound issues.

This is typically running Mantle, but not always.

So, yeah. DAI...lots of issues.

Is anyone else annoyed that Bioware hasn't updated the game even once since release (on PC)? They know a lot of bugs since the day of release or since even before but fixing them ASAP? No way...

Actually, EA and Bioware are still much, much worse than Ubisoft. Unity got three patches that fixed a lot of big and small issues in the very same time Bioware wasn't able to fix even most basic issues. Very disappointing... :/

Top Bottom