Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to say - whatever the reason, I agree, this is not looking good. But at the same time we as Witcher fans - we didn't throw shit like monkeys in teh zoo (do monkeys throw shit btw?)

RED always are adressing our doubts. They have good track record. By acting and spreading word of downgrade we are making more harm than anything else. Some jurnalist will pick this line which may not be true and you know the rest.

If we forget these PR stunts about no-DRM etc (which btw happened since the previous DRM was killing in game performance in TW2, and it was removed thanks to people who swarmed the forums) CDPR has a record of releasing broken games. Good games at the end of the day but still broken, and I advise everyone never to forget that.

Also, just downloaded and watched the video, and it is 720p. I don't think they would post the "clarification" on that resolution ;)

People saying that it can't JUST be a youtube compression problem, the dev also said the video team didn't compress the video to the correct rate and rushed the video out to meet the show deadline. I don't know the technical details of compression (youtube or otherwise) but all these things working against it I really don't think it's fair to judge the current state of the game by this trailer at all!! Since they rushed getting the video out I can guess they might have mixed scenes from console footage, low settings PC footage etc. just working with whatever they had at the time. Maybe it wasn't the best choice to rush out a trailer but rather wait and spend the time to do it properly but it's happened. I can see why people are making such a fuss about this but I'm holding off judgement personally, even after this new version of the video comes out.

If we forget these PR stunts about no-DRM etc (which btw happened since the previous DRM was killing in game performance in TW2, and it was removed thanks to people who swarmed the forums) CDPR has a record of releasing broken games. Good games at the end of the day but still broken, and I advise everyone never to forget that.
Well, look at what happened during the development of TW1 and 2. They eventually fixed all those issues (They even fixed Letho's drinking animation) they could but shit still happened that impacted the game. I think TW3 is the first time where they actually are in a good position unlike the past two games. There isn't Atari and a failed game by a lazy dev team and bad management decisions fucking with them this time and it's not their first time actually making a game either

People saying that it can't JUST be a youtube compression problem, the dev also said the video team didn't compress the video to the correct rate and rushed the video out to meet the show deadline. I don't know the technical details of compression (youtube or otherwise) but all these things working against it I really don't think it's fair to judge the current state of the game by this trailer at all!! Since they rushed getting the video out I can guess they might have mixed scenes from console footage, low settings PC footage etc. just working with whatever they had at the time. Maybe it wasn't the best choice to rush out a trailer but rather wait and spend the time to do it properly but it's happened. I can see why people are making such a fuss about this but I'm holding off judgement personally, even after this new version of the video comes out.

I also think that's entirely possible, but the devs should say so if that's the case so that there is no more confusion. So far they claim the only problem was bad video compression, not low quality assets.

Any estimates for how long it will take the video to upload? TheEvilChris it was already in the process of uploading

I also think that's entirely possible, but the devs should say so if that's the case so that there is no more confusion. So far they claim the only problem was bad video compression, not low quality assets.

I agree they should say something if that is the case. Letting this go on and on is a bad move and is getting those people who are already worried even more worried and also more angry. I hope the new video looks much better and if not, we'll have to keep questioning CDPR until we get some concrete answers!!

If they went overboard and uploading a really huge version, it might take a while. And they might be trying to double-check before they give access to the video as well this time. I'm guessing an hour at most though. We'll wait and see I guess.

Ppl stop talking about compression, old build etc. This footage looks just bad and that's it. Characters are certainly not next gen, textures resolution is poor, no reflections, global illumination, it seems even normal maps gone missing somewhere in the process. CDPR you better go and find them before releasing new video.

And since it's common practise now to keep everything on about the same level of quality on all three platforms I think we do have the right to be concerned whether or not CDPR will just end up doing the same with TW3.

Common? Since when is it common? The only game that did this is AC: Unity and they got a lot of crap for it.

from my knowledge of videos I must admit compression has little to do with the absent textures we see in the trailer....you might get a bit of blurriness and change in lighting here and there but not something that drastic. something else must be going on here but ill await my praise or criticism for when they actually release the real deal.
Then you have no knowledge. Seriously fraps some video game for 2 min, then compress it 1080p to have only 60MB and see the result.
(facepalm)

Ppl stop talking about compression, old build etc. This footage looks just bad and that's it. Characters are certainly not next gen, textures resolution is poor, no reflections, global illumination, it seems even normal maps gone missing somewhere in the process. CDPR you better go and find them before releasing new video.
No reflections, do you even know what are you talking about, there are specular maps, but full reflections in the game to render real-time, not in this era of gaming we won't see it, not only in witcher.

Then you have no knowledge. Seriously fraps some video game for 2 min, then compress it 1080p to have only 60MB and see the result.
(facepalm)
The texture resolution is incredibly low compared to other trailers. It's incredibly noticeable on The Wild Hunt's armor. YouTube compression shouldn't make the armor quality look THAT bad.

I'm pulling this picture from earlier in this thread, which shows exactly about what I am speaking.

View attachment 8150

Attachments

• bJRqpma.jpg
    bJRqpma.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom