Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people's expectations for the graphics are too high. The early screenshots were probably taken with completely uncompressed textures at all depths. Really, what I want is good storytelling and gameplay. For example, DA:I has beautiful graphics, but the gameplay is mediocre. Is that what you want in an RPG?

You have proof that the gameplay in TW3 is better? The first 2 rather lacked in that department.

I'm glad you cancelled it, sadly for the wrong reasons. Pre-orders are part of the problem of the state of the industry.

I don't usually pre-order, probably for the reasons you yourself dislike. I made an exception this time around.

Well, the concern is totally justified. But overreacting and hyperboling before we have all the relevant information isn't.
We're not overreacting. This has been an issue since the summer, and CD Projekt has yet to address this concern properly. People are starting to get agitated.

It's not one of fucked up trailer. You didn't bother reading shit about what I said.
That is not true, I just don't agree. I have two great games from this studio. I know about problems, but no credits for putting DRM away? That days it was usual to use it, unlike others CDPR got rid of it.

When Denuvo will be removed from Inquisition, if that causes performance problems?

It's the E3 Gameplay footage vs Sword of Destiny, it's the Neogaf post along with this terrible trailer.
I don't care. And that is not arrogance, that is my experience with previous games and CDPR. I don't give a *** about some trailer, especially with those notes from devs.

That is not true, I just don't agree. I have two great games from this studio. I know about problems, but no credits for putting DRM away? That days it was usual to use it, unlike others CDPR got rid of it.

When Denuvo will be removed from Inquisition, if that causes performance problems?
I don't care. And that is not arrogancy, that is my experience with previous games and CDPR. I don't give a *** about some trailer, especially with those notes from devs.

Just because you don't care/disagree with the rest of us doesn't mean that we should avoid this concern.

CDPR's explanation as to it being a poorly compressed video is not an acceptable excuse nor does it make sense.

Why would you upload a video of a worse-looking version of your game in order to celebrate a victory? Make the damn thing shorter and upload a better quality video!

Also, the textures, models etc are CLEARLY different irregardless of the actual videos quality. Subjectively worse, I might add.

We're not overreacting. This has been an issue since the summer, and CD Projekt has yet to address this concern properly. People are starting to get agitated.
Some people were overreacting. I'm not talking about you specifically. But in general the community's response was hyperbolic.
I get that CD Projekt RED might not have responded so quickly if we hadn't complained, but for goodness sake people can complain without raising their blood-pressure.

I love the witcher, i love the books, the games , and i love cdprojekt. But one thing is true for sure, cdprojekt needs to clear this out before being too suspicious

Looking at games like Far Cry 4 that looks great and works great or DAI the same, TW3 needs to be perfect or near that in graphics..

Pardon my French, but what the fuck is going on here!? Why is the community tearing itself apart like this? I should probably just shoot myself now, as this place used to be so friendly and welcoming, now it's turning into a bloody complainers paradise!

The texture resolution is incredibly low compared to other trailers. It's incredibly noticeable on The Wild Hunt's armor. YouTube compression shouldn't make the armor quality look THAT bad.

I'm pulling this picture from earlier in this thread, which shows exactly about what I am speaking.

View attachment 8150
Do you even read that Evil Chriss wrote ?
It's about the video render before you put on youtube.
Youtube compresion comes on top of that.

Pardon my French, but what the fuck is going on here!? Why is the community tearing itself apart like this? I should probably just shoot myself now, as this place used to be so friendly and welcoming, now it's turning into a bloody complainers paradise!

This.

I read it. It does not make sense.

Even if the quality of the Youtube video is compressed incorrectly etc etc, there is clearly a difference in texture quality, model quality etc. This trailer, coupled with screenshots from earlier, suggest there has been a downgrade. Let me guess, they had a short time-frame to take those previous screenshots too?

Chances are whatever new video we get to see will be enhanced greatly to match what we've seen before. These newer screenshots and video is almost certain to be a representation of what we'll get in a few months time.

Some people were overreacting. I'm not talking about you specifically. But in general the community's response was hyperbolic.
I get that CD Projekt RED might not have responded so quickly if we hadn't complained, but for goodness sake you can complain without raising people's blood-pressure.
I agree that hyperbole is never the best reaction to tense situations. However, as I stated above, this has been a concern since the summer, and people are starting to get more restless because CD Projekt has yet to appropriately address the issue.

---------- Updated at 06:31 PM ----------

Well, we'll just have to wait and see at this point.

And somebody was talking about the 'hyperbolic' posts of those doubting W3s quality? We have people on the opposing side saying they're going to top themselves now because somebody dares to have a different opinion. Physicians heal thyselves.

That's why this is the end for me for at least 1-2 months. I am not used to those kind of 'converstations'. I leave this hell now. See you before release :) It going to be epic!

Exactly what I was saying earlier!! I don't know what that means exactly or how much of an affect it would have but people do seem to be ignoring that part and focusing entirely on the youtube compression side of things, which might be far less of an issue than people here seem to think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom