Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not just about the graphics, it's about the fact that CDPR (and their fains) have painted themselves as the company who would not break their promises and are PC first. I hope they understand that if they do not keep their promises it WILL backfire, even worse considering the proconsumer image they have. If they do not realize this...well...

I just saw the video trailer on PCGamer/Youtube, before i went here. My first reaction was: WTF happened to the graphics?

The fact that there still is no proper communication on this since the Neogaf incident tells me that the silence is deliberate. And that is very worrying to me.

I'm starting to watch this very carefully, because i've been burned too many times by the consolisation trends. If there is no satisfying communication from CDPR on this issue, i'm cancelling my pre-order.

There it is. 6 months ago i would've never thought that way about my favorite game devs. Such a shame...

Pardon my French, but what the fuck is going on here!? Why is the community tearing itself apart like this? I should probably just shoot myself now, as this place used to be so friendly and welcoming, now it's turning into a bloody complainers paradise!
When people really care about something they tend to become overemotional...It is love :D
For example, I don't visit BW forums...Why? Beacuse I dont give a fuck about their games...

The PS4's 8GB of DDR5 ram doesn't work like normal DDR5 memory. about half to 3/4 of it is used up for the OS and streaming. The rest is for games.

i know that, but 5 gb are available for graphics. that's why most games that are out need 4gb cards for maxed out 1080p. even 3 gb of vram is a lot.

I just saw the video trailer on PCGamer/Youtube, before i went here. My first reaction was: WTF happened to the graphics?

The fact that there still is no proper communication on this since the Neogaf incident tells me that the silence is deliberate. And that is very worrying to me.

I'm starting to watch this very carefully, because i've been burned too many times by the consolisation trends. If there is no satisfying communication from CDPR on this issue, i'm cancelling my pre-order.

There it is. 6 months ago i would've never thought that way about my favorite game devs. Such a shame...

Uh there actually was communication from the devs a few pages back, check before making statements like that.

It doesn't matter if the graphics were downgraded or not, the concerns that people are expressing are valid. If you don't share that concern, you still shouldn't try to silence people. Consumers should be vigilant, especially these days.

"Good morning. So, I have always been in favor of telling the truth to your community as much as possible. I think this is a good opportunity to give your community an inside look at what happens, so here ya go.

We initially didn't have a new video scheduled for release at this time. The game team is finishing the game, Christmas is coming and January & February will be very busy, so there wasn't a video scheduled to be made. Then, we learned we were nominated for Most Anticipated Game at the VGAs (which we won. Woot!). So a decision was made to create a video to show at the VGAs (whether we won or lost). The video team did a fantastic job getting a video put together in the time-frame they had to make the show's deadline. However, it was not compressed to the correct rate and did not look as good on YouTube as it does in the actual game.

After seeing concerns from fans that the game has been downgraded (which it ABSOLUTELY HAS NOT), the team recompressed the video and it is now being uploaded to YouTube and other channels. You should be seeing the new video shortly. Hopefully, it will alleviate your worries about any false graphical downgrade rumors.

Now you know."
There you go jjensson!!

I agree that hyperbole is never the best reaction to tense situations. However, as I stated above, this has been a concern since the summer, and people are starting to get more restless because CD Projekt has yet to appropriately address the issue.
I think even taken with that NeoGaf post people's reaction were unwarranted. I mean, it was literally only 12 hours after the video was released that TheEvilChris announced they were releasing an uncompressed version of the video. How much time do people think the devs should have to issue a response? Obviously half a day is too much.

I think even taken with that NeoGaf post people's reaction were unwarranted. I mean, it was literally only 12 hours after the video was released that TheEvilChris announced they were releasing an uncompressed version of the video. How much time do people think the devs should have to issue a response? Obviously half a day is too much.

*on a saturday too...

The issue has been around since the summer. This has been the first time we're getting a potentially valid response to graphical concerns.

I think people's expectations for the graphics are too high. The early screenshots were probably taken with completely uncompressed textures at all depths. Really, what I want is good storytelling and gameplay. For example, DA:I has beautiful graphics, but the gameplay is mediocre. Is that what you want in an RPG?

I wonder if something's up as well with those initial materials, which frankly sent my expectations over the moon. I've read that devs will sometimes release projected cross sections for screens and gameplay, with the intent of getting there in the final build. Only sometimes, they don't reach those results despite their intentions of doing so. This latest trailer was just so jarring as it's nowhere near the quality of SOD. If I'm put on the spot here, you're right. The story and gameplay are really what matter.

"Good morning. So, I have always been in favor of telling the truth to your community as much as possible. I think this is a good opportunity to give your community an inside look at what happens, so here ya go.

We initially didn't have a new video scheduled for release at this time. The game team is finishing the game, Christmas is coming and January & February will be very busy, so there wasn't a video scheduled to be made. Then, we learned we were nominated for Most Anticipated Game at the VGAs (which we won. Woot!). So a decision was made to create a video to show at the VGAs (whether we won or lost). The video team did a fantastic job getting a video put together in the time-frame they had to make the show's deadline. However, it was not compressed to the correct rate and did not look as good on YouTube as it does in the actual game.

After seeing concerns from fans that the game has been downgraded (which it ABSOLUTELY HAS NOT), the team recompressed the video and it is now being uploaded to YouTube and other channels. You should be seeing the new video shortly. Hopefully, it will alleviate your worries about any false graphical downgrade rumors.

Now you know."
There you go jjensson!!

This is worrying me, if they said that from video quality issue and the footage was old, but they confirm that this footage is of the actual game, so i'm concerned for that and they denying the downgrade.........i don't know, i think this is wrong, the video team has to make a new 10+ minutes gameplay video, i think..

If this downgrade is a lie, cdprojekt needs to fight this rumors back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom