Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is Most Anticipated Game, new trailer released!

+
No, god, please no. That one was an Obamination. Actually Yen in this trailer is so far the best looking Yen. Well... At least as good as the DLC one.
And it's really not Lena Headey's voice.

Please, pardon my poor English. Do you mean her appearance or the trailer by calling it "abomination"?

Triss passed near my monitor while I was on Facebook and has just discover that The Witcher 3 was the winner ... She is so excited :D

View attachment 8161

Attachments

• WP_20141206_0102.JPG
    WP_20141206_0102.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 47
It was Most Anticiped Game, they had to tune it down haha. But seriously it's a PR nightmare they are having right now, hopefully they can reach out to everyone when the fixed video is released. It's sad to see they were forced to do this because they got this award – it gets hard to criticize then. How many of us know the intrinsics of video game development and how the game has to be stabilized in order to release a proper trailer, btw? Remember something that's in-development is an unstable beast.

Here is a much better mp4 version from gamersyde.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_the_witcher_3_elder_blood_trailer-16119_en.html

I agree that the trailer lacks focus, it looks like some random unconnected scenes and the whole "geralt explains what's happening" is hopefully only in the trailer.
Reminds me of the villain cliches where they explain the evil masterplan only to leave and not make sure the hero dies in an elaborate and totally senseless trap.
Not every trailer can be "Sword of Destiny" :D

I liked the "themed" trailers for TW2 "hope, desdain ?" or sthg. Also Chopin :D

Hello, and congratulations to te team.
Hoping to see the HD trailer soon.
Just a question: Was that a combination of quen and igni? It looks preety awsome.

EDIT: Oh, and another question: Why does the Wild Hunt specters spill blood when cut? Is that part of the plot, perhaps?

Last edited:
There is HD trailer already. You can get it on Mega or official ftp. About second question you should find out more about Wild Hunt if you played Witcher 2. For example from the last dialogue with Letho. I would say more, because that can be a spoler for you.

Last edited:
Congrats on the win REDs, seems to me quite impressive versus such an old global brand as the near centenarian Bats. I like the video, the new shots, the hints of whats to come, the music, shame it was badly delivered (personally I had to wait to view again because I refuse to provide details to g+, whose true colours must be obvious to everyone by now with the imminent targeting of children's data).

Why does the Wild Hunt specters spill blood when cut? Is that part of the plot, perhaps?

Were they ever Spectres, or is that simply the effect of fear on those who observed them? Remember things in the real world are not so clear cut as we would like them or 24 hour rolling news tends to soundbite into... so a good game, or a good storyteller, includes these obscurities in their tales. I could supply instances from the modern world, but from myth or semi-history is far more appropriate, and these are the words of a monk describing the Battle of Clontarf in 1014ad... is this really what he saw, or was he confused by what he saw, or is there an agenda at work in the description? Basically, what makes you think you can, or should as Geralt, believe any observers' description of The Wild Hunt ?

http://archive.org/stream/cogadhgaedhelreg00todd/cogadhgaedhelreg00todd_djvu.txt
Cogadh Gaedhel re Gallaibh said:
And there arose also the satyrs, and the idiots, and the maniacs of the valleys, and the witches, and the goblins, and the ancient birds, and the destroying demons, and the feeble demonic phantom host; and they were screaming and comparing the valour and combat of both parties.

i just watched full version (2,94 GB ) from Mega and it looks amazing... if it was captured on PS4 or XOne. it's possible that it was captuerd on PC, but with LOW or MEDIUM graphics settings. this textures... i'm 100% sure it is not HIGH or ULTRA on PC, CDP RED wouldn't do that. not they...

I love the trailer ! But pleeeeeaaaaaase we need to know if it is console version or not ! CDPR says it is not downgraded and I trust them but when I see this trailer ... It's hard to say it isn't... Even If a downgrade will not stop me from buying because of the obvious huge work done for this game I want to know if I ll ever have one day the quality of the sword of destiny trailer or even the 35 minutes gameplay video... I am in pain right now for not knowing XD

Last edited:
Yeah pretty much.

I'm by no means a graphics whore but if you start advertising your game as this: http://a.pomf.se/jeyuui.webm And build up the hype? And then it turns out you lied? The internet will never forgive you. Just heed the wise words of Lord Almighty Gaben: http://i.imgur.com/CAm5cir.png

People still remember Todd Howards, Peter Molyneuxes and whoever was in charge of Bioware during the Mass Effect and TOR fiasco. Don't lie to your audience, start by posting the fruits of your labour realistically and in a truthful manner. The majority of Witcher fans don't give a shit about the graphics, they are here for the interesting characters, choices and stories. But if you start by presenting the game with visuals that cannot be attained realistically and then start backtracking, well, you better not be surprised at the mass outrage. That webm I posted IS what the people are expecting now, at least for the PC version. I really hope you didn't bite off more than you can chew because, considering every other subsequent video of the game is inferior as far as visuals are concerned, it all points to that conclusion.

Top Bottom