Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moderator: I believe the thread is not "ridiculous" and there is no need for its closure.

There are a few members who are going to have to learn the difference between reasoned criticism and personal attacks on other members for holding different opinions or not seeing the manifest rightness of their own. These members may receive warnings or be removed from the forum for long enough that they can cool down and obey the repeated warnings of the moderators to refrain from what they have been told is personal attacks.

@Journey_95 Not entirely. It's more because people think CDPR has lied to them. And CDPR puts themselves out there as a company that's for gamers.

yeah but ever think that there is maybe a reason they downgraded? to make the gameplay more fluid without any glichtes and bugs (looking at Unity)
I will take that any day over a glitchy but graphic wise pretty mess

Just don't buy a game if you fear that it could burn and pop out your eyeballs while playing it.
Simple as that.

Maybe then we can finally start talking about the awesome stuff in the latest trailer like Yen-Action or the Geralt and Lambert double team moves ^^ i still love what i see and can't wait to play it myself

Again. That speculation was based on rumors. Besides, CD Projekt RED already said the SOD trailer used footage taken from multiple builds of the game. So we shouldn't expect it to look like the trailers the first place

"Rumors" confirmed by Neogaf which has a reputation for being reliable when it comes to things like this. The leaks they allow people to post turn out to be true quite often. You can't just register on Neogaf easily: There's a verification process that lasts quite a while.

I hate NeoGaf by the way.

As for SoD, why in fuck should the game not look as good as it does there?

yeah but ever think that there is maybe a reason they downgraded? to make the gameplay more fluid without any glichtes and bugs (looking at Unity)
I will take that any day over a glitchy but graphic wise pretty mess

So can't they just say - "it wasn't possible for us to make The Witcher 3 as we promised - we failed and we are sorry to announce we had to downgrade the game" I know it would be a really bad PR move, but sorry they keep on digging to be honest, spreading lies is the worst.

So can't they just say - "it wasn't possible for us to make The Witcher 3 as we promised - we failed and we are sorry to announce we had to downgrade the game" I know it would be a really bad PR move, but sorry they keep on digging to be honest, spreading lies is the worst.

The so called "downgrade" is not even properly confirmed, false accusations/accusations without proof isn't really better in that case...

Proof? Look at the E3 gameplay footage vs VGX and Sword of Destiny trailers and tell me with a straight face it looks just as good as in those trailers.

Good morning. So, I have always been in favor of telling the truth to your community as much as possible. I think this is a good opportunity to give your community an inside look at what happens, so here ya go.

We initially didn't have a new video scheduled for release at this time. The game team is finishing the game, Christmas is coming and January & February will be very busy, so there wasn't a video scheduled to be made. Then, we learned we were nominated for Most Anticipated Game at the VGAs (which we won. Woot!). So a decision was made to create a video to show at the VGAs (whether we won or lost). The video team did a fantastic job getting a video put together in the time-frame they had to make the show's deadline. However, it was not compressed to the correct rate and did not look as good on YouTube as it does in the actual game.

After seeing concerns from fans that the game has been downgraded (which it ABSOLUTELY HAS NOT), the team recompressed the video and it is now being uploaded to YouTube and other channels. You should be seeing the new video shortly. Hopefully, it will alleviate your worries about any false graphical downgrade rumors.

Now you know.

Here. THIS.
Read it people.

I read and what ? You mean all these textures problems, worse looking foliage, lightning, strange Geralt face is because of heavy compression ? Well, ok.

I believe if company is hyping their game, they do have responsibility to make sure the game will live up to hype. People shouldnt lower their expectations, if the game is disapointing for majority, thats companys fault. HOWEVER, you dont jump on conclusions based on one screenshot or trailer before the game is released . Accusing company in becoming new Ubisoft, calling them sell outs, whining and claiming that company owe you something(I guess hours of free content is not enough for some people). Absolutely disgusting.
I trust this company. They say there is no downgrade, I believe them, and I will not cancel my preorder . I am sure on PC and ultra settings game will look similar to SoD trailer. If it wont, then I will stop trusting them so much. Simple as that.

I believe if company is hyping their game, they do have responsibility to make sure the game will live up to hype. People shouldnt lower their expectations, if the game is disapointing for majority, thats companys fault. HOWEVER, you dont jump on conclusions based on one screenshot or trailer before the game is released . Accusing company in becoming new Ubisoft, calling them sell outs, whining and claiming that company owe you something(I guess hours of free content is not enough for some people). Absolutely disgusting.
I trust this company. They say there is no downgrade, I believe them, and I will not cancel my preorder . I am sure on PC and ultra settings game will look similar to SoD trailer. If it wont, then I will stop trusting them so much. Simple as that.
I don't think anyone will usurp Ubisoft of its throne at this point. Also, no one said that they owe us anything other than respect and honesty.

The downgrade in trailer quality is real, that's for sure! :p

The trailers, as well as the screenshots are all over the place in therm of graphical fidelity, sound more like a game that is still in development than a "Oh god downgrade!", on time we get gorgeous screenshots of the PS4 version and the next month we get a trailer with 10 years old textures, again, all over the place, hard to judge at this point.

ughh threads like this are soo annoying whining and bitching about graphics all the time
graphics aren't everything you know?

but these days gamers will take graphics instead of good gameplay and story

As an avowed graphics whore, I disagree. Graphics do make a game better for me and they power CDPR's stellar art design. They aren't the most important but they are important. Especially when they want to start outsourcing RED engine.

@Costin I'm not saying it will look worse, I'm just saying we shouldn't expect it to look identical to the trailers. And despite the fact that NeoGaf confirmed the leak, I still wouldn't take it at face value unless we have another source confirming a potential downgraded.

I read and what ? You mean all these textures problems, worse looking foliage, lightning, strange Geralt face is because of heavy compression ? Well, ok.

LOL, what's wrong with Geralt face now?
The problems are poor poly count and very, very low res textures.

The gaming industry is sick.

People no longer look at the game developers as heroes, as the coolest guys on Earth who create the amazing games we love so much.

People look at them as [size=+1]greedy, capitalist cannibal monsters who only want to suck every last penny you have in your pocket.[/size]

People don't trust game developers anymore, and we know who or what to blame.
Today when you buy a game from day one there are a dozen of new skins/guns/cars available for purchase, you buy a game but it arrives splitted into dozens of tiny pieces of paid content. And not only this, you must yet hope that the game will work without a before-release-patch or worse.

This year we had purposely downgraded games, post-release downgraded games, we had games that the pirated version had more options than the original, games that were released some time ago and still don't work properly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom