Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Costin I'm not saying it will look worse, I'm just saying we shouldn't expect it to look identical to the trailers. And despite the fact that NeoGaf confirmed the leak, I still wouldn't take it at face value unless we have another source confirming a potential downgraded.

You have the leak, you have the E3 footage and you have this trailer.

That's more then enough confirmation.

Judge the game when it comes out. Then you can officially say it's downgraded or not.

So instead of shouting at them to fix things when they still can you would prefer we do nothing and let it come out looking like this?

Brilliant fucking logic!

@Costin I'm not saying it will look worse, I'm just saying we shouldn't expect it to look identical to the trailers. And despite the fact that NeoGaf confirmed the leak, I still wouldn't take it at face value unless we have another source confirming a potential downgraded.

If CDPR in 2013 VGX trailer said that is in-game footage, I'll expect the same quality fidelty.

I don't believe you CDPR

They are clearly telling a half truth there. Has the game been downgraded since the 30 minute gameplay? No, and I think that's what they are referring to.
Has the game been downgraded since the original trailer, screenshots, and sword of destiny trailer? Yup. They are lying in a clever way. All evidence points to the fact that they are not telling the full truth.

Look at the fire in the background and the lighting quality on the armor of the bad guy here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtVdAasjOgU&list=UUzybXLxv08IApdjdN0mJhEg#t=62

compared to what we have now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtEO2xZ7BzQ&list=UUzybXLxv08IApdjdN0mJhEg#t=31

You CANNOT sit here and tell me that this is due to youtube compression. That's complete bullshit. The game looks infinitely worse than what we have seen before.

The gaming industry is sick.

People no longer look at the game developers as heroes, as the coolest guys on Earth who create the amazing games we love so much.

People look at them as [size=+1]greedy, capitalist cannibal monsters who only want to suck every last penny you have in your pocket.[/size]

Sadly but true. The problem is that a lot of publisher abused in the past of the user's faith, so now all gamers are more suspicious.

Skepticism is good, skepticism is what makes good games by forcing developers and publishers to work very hard to deliver quality content.

Trust is a fool's errand, never trust a corporation.

I'm reserving my judgement until I see the uncompressed version of the video. I'm not going to form an opinion before giving CDPR the chance to respond.

Last edited:
Proof? Look at the E3 gameplay footage vs VGX and Sword of Destiny trailers and tell me with a straight face it looks just as good as in those trailers.

It's a game in development, a game that is constantly changing, trailers are no proof, until I see the game running on a PC with Ultra settings, I won't take screenshots and trailers as if they were representation of the final product, basic common sense I would think.

So instead of shouting at them to fix things when they still can you would prefer we do nothing and let it come out looking like this?

Brilliant fucking logic!

No, it's good that people are pointing out the flaws about the trailer with critique, but calling the whole game downgraded, without any evidence, is just wrong. You don't have the game resources and only got video material to go on. So you got no ground to claim it. The only thing you can say is that the quality of the trailer can be a cause of concern because of the quality.

Skepticism is good, skepticism is what makes good games by forcing developers and publishers to work very hard to deliver quality content.

Trust is a fool's errand, never trust a corporation.

Then I'm more skeptical about some gameplay elements, as dodge and parry that not consume vigor etc..., which are more important then graphic.

It's a game in development, a game that is constantly changing, trailers are no proof, until I see the game running on a PC with Ultra settings, I won't take screenshots and trailers as if they were representation of the final product, basic common sense I would think.

2 months before release. 1 month before it goes into certification.

I don't believe you CDPR

They are clearly telling a half truth there. Has the game been downgraded since the 30 minute gameplay? No, and I think that's what they are referring to.
Has the game been downgraded since the original trailer, screenshots, and sword of destiny trailer? Yup. They are lying in a clever way. All evidence points to the fact that they are not telling the full truth.

Look at the fire in the background and the lighting quality on the armor of the bad guy here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtVdAasjOgU&list=UUzybXLxv08IApdjdN0mJhEg#t=62

compared to what we have now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtEO2xZ7BzQ&list=UUzybXLxv08IApdjdN0mJhEg#t=31

You CANNOT sit here and tell me that this is due to youtube compression. That's complete bullshit. The game looks infinitely worse than what we have seen before.

You have a point there, the fire from the Elder Blood trailer cannot be compared to the one in the VGX one. Perhaps its a different fire resource they used for this part of the game. It looks to me that it's a burning ship, probably after or during a battle. Perhaps its a downgraded fire so that performance doesn't rock bottom.

Brilliant fucking logic!

you know not everyone is as crazy as you are about the graphics
as long as the gameplay is awesome and the story is good I would buy the trailer version in a heartbeat
but I guess we need paranoid one's as you

2 months before release. 1 month before it goes into certification.

Have any proof concerning the latest trailer? What version it is on (PC/consoles), what build it is utilising, what setting it is set at, ect... Those are proofs, without these, taking the trailer for real money is silly.

I suppose it's possible that they may be using a different resource for the fire, but it doesn't make sense to have two types of fire where one looks like something we would expect to see on an Xbox360. Two types of fires that both look great? Sure, but not this.

as long as the gameplay is awesome and the story is good I would buy the trailer version in a heartbeat

That may be true in a lot of games. But you have to admit in something like this if you go into a snow region and it looks like mmo snow it wouldn't have the same sense of unkown danger.

In regards to completly automated gameplay i would say kick ass 2 is the worst offender i have seen.

Last edited:

Why is he paranoid? I think he raises valid points. This close to release all of their energy should be focused on optimization, so they know what assets they're working with. The work in progress excuse shouldn't be used, because it's far too late in development. I remember the VGX trailer said "in game footage". If we use logic and presume everything CDPR say is true then we should expect nothing less than what we saw there, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom