Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you are not that silly to believe that some of those textures are legit, obviously there is something not right with the actual footage, that's some 10 years old textures we seen, come on. :/
The textures are terrible - that's what everyone are talking about. Whether it's marketing fault or not, I don't care - right now, actually since E3, it looks like crap compared to previous versions of VGX, SoD trailers and E3 build. Period.

The textures are terrible - that's what everyone are talking about. Whether it's marketing fault or not, I don't care - right now, actually since E3, it looks like crap compared to previous versions of VGX or SoD trailers or E3 build, period.
Even then, the E3 version looks a lot worse than what was shown in the VGX trailer.

The textures are terrible - that's what everyone are talking about. Whether it's marketing fault or not, I don't care - right now, actually since E3, it looks like crap compared to previous versions of VGX, SoD trailers and E3 build. Period.

Yep, 10 years old textures, point?

Have any proof concerning the latest trailer? What version it is on (PC/consoles), what build it is utilising, what setting it is set at, ect... Those are proofs, without these, taking the trailer for real money is silly.

Silly? Ok now I'm angry.

The trailer is part of their official marketing, it was at the single largest game awards show this year, an event watched by millions of people world wide and an event at which they were given the most anticipated game award.

Regardless of the build, regardless of system it does not matter. It looks like absolute arse and if apologists like yourself would want to ignore reality then you're "silly"

Silly? Ok now I'm angry.

The trailer is part of their official marketing, it was at the single largest game awards show this year, an event watched by millions of people world wide and an event at which they were given the most anticipated game award.

Regardless of the build, regardless of system it does not matter. It looks like absolute arse and apologists like yourself would want to ignore reality then you're "silly"

I agree with what you said, but please don't resort to anything that might be deemed as "attacking" another person. You'll get this thread locked.

Silly? Ok now I'm angry.

Regardless of the build, regardless of system it does not matter. It looks like absolute arse and apologists like yourself would want to ignore reality then you're "silly"

When did I ignored reality? It look like arse yes, never said otherwise, that's the point, a month earlier there was some badass looking screenshots of the game and now a mostly terrible looking trailer, what makes you think that one is false representation (the gorgeous screenshots) and one a true (the bad looking trailer)? you claim to have proofs but you don't, that's all, for some random reason you claim that, based on this trailer there is a massive downgrade, assuming it is actually the final product, calling CDPR liars. Bullshit my friend.

I don´t get why developers cannot be simply honest and straight. I accept that this trailer was made in a hurry but everybody can see that this footage looks different from previous ones in many ways.
So why can´t there be a straight answer what happend? If they are showing how the console version will look like or they just turned off some things when making this trailer or anything..., I would get it.
But it´s always some unspecific expression that explains nearly nothing...
(I´m not talking just about The Witcher, thats practically about AAA games in general)

Why is he paranoid? I think he raises valid points. This close to release all of their energy should be focused on optimization, so they know what assets they're working with. The work in progress excuse shouldn't be used, because it's far too late in development. I remember the VGX trailer said "in game footage". If we use logic and presume everything CDPR say is true then we should expect nothing less than what we saw there, right?

Yeah, it's worrying that a trailer made over a year ago, looks far better than anything shown this year. DA:I looks better than anything CDPR have shown this year. Hell I'd argue Witcher 2 with Uber Sampling enabled looks better than anything shown this year. Something tells me that Red Engine 3 doesn't work so well with open world.

Somehow some screens which do not look better then E3 footage they showed us means the game looks great. Laughable, really laughable.

I hate to sound like an asshole, but adding CGI effects takes a lot more time than that. We should expect the "uncompresed" version in a week or two.

Last edited:
It has been 6 hours since the producer said they've prepared a new video and uploading it now, what's taking so long -.- :D

We want to keep this thread going so we all can discuss another version of the trailer. Please let us do so by refraining from personal attacks, either in tone or content of your posts. We don't want to choose between locking the whole thread or locking certain users out of their ability to post.

Why do I even try at this point... Goodnight everyone, ill wait until the game is out to say either a big thank you to CDPR or to tell them how disappointed I am since then we will have some actual proof of whether the game has been downgraded or not, if it looks great or not, right now though, I had enough of this nonsense, yep, this thread pisses me off... All this pointless arguing over thin air. Guh...

Merry Christmas!

We want to keep this thread going so we all can discuss another version of the trailer. Please let us do so by refraining from personal attacks, either in tone or content of your posts. We don't want to choose between locking the whole thread or locking certain users out of their ability to post.

Is the other version of the trailer coming though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom