Crashing while loading Saved Game Files?

+
Crashing while loading Saved Game Files?

Hello! As the topic title says I'm having issues with loading my saved game files. I apologize if this topic has been covered elsewhere, I've looked through the stickies, and read topics in the first few pages that involve crashing to desktop. I'm not sure if these are the same as the problem I'm having. Anyways first of all here is my rig information.Windows XPGeforce 8800 GT (Latest Drivers)2 GB of Ram AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+ 2.2 GHZAnd Patch 1.2 for the Witcher(If more information is needed, just tell me.)Alright now, where to begin. . . . firstly I have not been randomly crashing to desktop to clarify. I appear to have no issues loading into new zones or the like, nor any random freezings. The closest thing to another bug has happened only once, where my game stuttered for ten seconds or so, and then came back with a graphical glitch. Whats happening is I can't load up certain saved game files. I'll start at the beginning of the problems. During the prologue I experience nothing like this, although to be fair I loaded rarely. I'm now in Chapter 1 at the the inn, and here is where my issues have begun. I have been saving and loading here alot, and while saving games causes no issues if I try to load certain saved game files repeatedly they seem too stop working after a certain number of uses. I'm usually able to load back to a previous saved game file before the inn, but I dont want to use it unless it might get corrupted or whatever is happening with the other ones. The first time it happened, while I was playing, during the loading screen my game crashed to desktop. When I tried to reload from the main menu and get back in the game it will get halfway every time then crash. I have two saved game files around 16 seconds apart, that both will not work. The other one is set back at the beginning of chapter 1.I've no idea whats going on or how to fix it. I want to solve this before I start getting to deep in the game. Rebooting my system will not fix it, nor exiting the game. I've tried installing the latest video card drivers as well. And I'm defragmenting my computer right now with the windows device that does this (I have no idea if this will do anything, I thought it may be a good first step). This is Patch 1.2 by the way, I have just started playing the game and used no other versions so far. I have not tried uninstalling, and reinstalling yet, and I dont want to have to do that. Any insight into what could be wrong would be great, thanks in advance. This is really a shame, so far the game has been great, but this crashing is really killing it for me.

Create a Dxdiag log and a report save as HTML using this tool System Information for WindowsExplain your problem and put your nickPut all that in an email and send it to the adress in my signature !Also, run a memory test with an utility like memtest86

Am I supposed to make a report save of the DxDiag log? I just want to make sure that I understood correctly so please answer.

Is it bad if I forgot My nick I mean should I send another mail? I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Top Bottom