Eredin's voice

• The VGX trailer

Votes: 50 79.4%
  • The Elder Blood trailer

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • I don't care!

Votes: 10 15.9%

• Total voters
SoD/Elder Blood sound the same to me. EB mix is a little deeper but that could be because the music isnt blaring under him like in SoD. I did prefer the raspier VGX voice but with all the complaining/confusion it doesnt surprise me that they changed it.

I think it's a bit overdone as evul bad guy voice. I'd prefer the raspier voice in SOD trailer but it's not a huge deal.

Fits the role that Eredin is portraying in my eye, after all his normal voice probably would not inspire terror or fit with the appearance of the Dearg Rhudri. I think that voice'll serve its purpose, to terrify peasants and such, but his whole aspect is a great pretence after all.

I'm also thinking that not everybody is taking into the consideration of every single voice alteration thing going on. It could be intentional, could be notable but I am also thinking:

*Helmet for echo
*Split of the Noseguard on the face for the 'sound' medium to be blocked.
*Guessing Timey-wimey powers are also probably manipulating the voice.

I don't think anybody is accounting for that. Eredin's voice could be more normal when the helmet comes off. Not when it is on. You're all way too quick to jump the gun on every damn thing. It's pathetic.

For me the the VGX version is the most fitting so far. There he actually sounds like someone from another world, not just someone with his voice processed as it is in the Elder Blood trailer.

The new voice is downright terrible. Period. It's the voice of a cartoony super-villain altered by a computer instead of a voice of a real, believable character spoken by a real human being without some artifiical voice alteration.

Probably the most disappointing element of the new trailer.

Even though I prefer VGX, they're all pretty much saturday morning super evil baddie style voices. If thats the direction they were going they should have got this guy:

For me the the VGX version is the most fitting so far. There he actually sounds like someone from another world, not just someone with his voice processed as it is in the Elder Blood trailer.

This

---------- Updated at 11:56 PM ----------

I'm also thinking that not everybody is taking into the consideration of every single voice alteration thing going on. It could be intentional, could be notable but I am also thinking:

*Helmet for echo
*Split of the Noseguard on the face for the 'sound' medium to be blocked.
*Guessing Timey-wimey powers are also probably manipulating the voice.

I don't think anybody is accounting for that. Eredin's voice could be more normal when the helmet comes off. Not when it is on. You're all way too quick to jump the gun on every damn thing. It's pathetic.

Calm your tits. I never said I didn't like the voice alteration. I said I liked the VGX version didn't I? I just think they overdid it in the Elder Blood trailer. See gregski's post. That's exactly the problem I have with the new voice.

Hi, don't wanna start another thread but about Yennefer's voice in the Elder Blood trailer; I thought it was Lena Headey but no one has noticed anything about it(all over da interwebz) and I'm still unsure about it. What do you guys think?

Hi, don't wanna start another thread but about Yennefer's voice in the Elder Blood trailer; I thought it was Lena Headey but no one has noticed anything about it(all over da interwebz) and I'm still unsure about it. What do you guys think?

Sounds like her, but I doubt it actually is her. CDPR would've mentioned it just like with Charles Dance.

I agree. It sounded more mysterious and interesting. Now it has the generic bad guy vibe to it.

I kinda remember somewhere early in the books that the King of the Wild Hunt's voice is described as "cold and metallic". So i think it fits great. But it's a personal opinion actually.

The new voice is downright terrible. Period. It's the voice of a cartoony super-villain altered by a computer instead of a voice of a real, believable character spoken by a real human being without some artifiical voice alteration.

Probably the most disappointing element of the new trailer.
Agreed..Design of Dearg Ruadhri is dissapointing from the start. What is the point of metalic voice and some "sauronish", Aen Elle equivalent of power armor? To make them more badass? To shock people who haven't read the books?
For f..ks sake, they have a time travel ability, they are skillful swordsmen and probably mages...If that is not enough "badassery" I don't know what it is...

Maybe CDPR should hire Christian Bale for a kind of super bad-ass voice that he altered on purpose for his Batman appearance to not sound like Bruce Wayne...

I remember it was the most successful and beloved part of his performance and everybody just cheered about it.
/irony off

Well, at least it sounded like a humanly altered voice instead of a fully computer generated/processed one...

And yes, the Wild Hunt design is plain bad, I fully agree. It's like wasting the whole potential of these guys as serious counter-parts from the very start and putting them into a cheap, generic power fantasy with power armor, super bad ass voices and appearances. Why creating real, breathing, lifelike characters with actual motivations and believable actions if you could just create cartoon characters instead? I guess people at CDPR have read way too many superhero comics. The Witcher games remind me more and more like a fantasy superhero story coming directly from a power fantasy comic book...poor Sapkowski. No wonder he doesn't like the games and what CDPR did with his narrative...

Maybe CDPR should hire Christian Bale for a kind of super bad-ass voice that he altered on purpose for his Batman appearance to not sound like Bruce Wayne...

I remember it was the most successful and beloved part of his performance and everybody just cheered about it.
/irony off

Well, at least it sounded like a humanly altered voice instead of a fully computer generated/processed one...

And yes, the Wild Hunt design is plain bad, I fully agree. It's like wasting the whole potential of these guys as serious counter-parts from the very start and putting them into a cheap, generic power fantasy with power armor, super bad ass voices and appearances. Why creating real, breathing, lifelike characters with actual motivations and believable actions if you could just create cartoon characters instead? I guess people at CDPR have read way too many superhero comics. The Witcher games remind me more and more like a fantasy superhero story coming directly from a power fantasy comic book...poor Sapkowski. No wonder he doesn't like the games and what CDPR did with his narrative...

Sapkowski do not know anything about the plot of games or its narrative, ar least it's what he said last time i did read him talking about the games ( http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...r-of-the-witcher-books-thinks-about-the-games ), would love to know your sources for what you said.

Sapkowski do not know anything about the plot of games or its narrative, ar least it's what he said last time i did read him talking about the games ( http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...r-of-the-witcher-books-thinks-about-the-games ), would love to know your sources for what you said.
You really think he dosn't know at least a summary of the narrative in the games? Come on. I know that he doesn't like video games at all and that he will probably never play one. But you can't expect him to not knowing what the games are all about from a narrative/story point of view. He's a writer after all and the games are a bit more than the usual fan fiction so I think it's pretty safe to say that he knows what's going on in them... ;)

You really think he dosn't know at least a summary of the narrative in the games? Come on. I know that he doesn't like video games at all and that he will probably never play one. But you can't expect him to not knowing what the games are all about from a narrative/story point of view. He's a writer after all and the games are a bit more than the usual fan fiction so I think it's pretty safe to say that he knows what's going on in them... ;)

Yes, i do believe he doesn't care about the adaptations of his books, he did the same with the movie/TV show (a big deal in Poland) so i'm pretty sure he doesn't know by choice. And even if he does you're just inventing he doesn't like it just cause you don't, he never said that thing.

Yes, i do believe he doesn't care about the adaptations of his books, he did the same with the movie/TV show (a big deal in Poland) so i'm pretty sure he doesn't know by choice. And even if he does you're just inventing he doesn't like it just cause you don't, he never said that thing.
I'm not inventing, I'm guessing. It's the day of the crystal glasses anyway. ;)

Let's just say that I don't believe him when he says that he doesn't know anything about the narrative in the games at all. He had way too much to say about that and how they can't be canon or sequels to his work to not at least having basic knowledge about them. But yeah, that's what I think. Feel free to disagree if you want.

Anyway, back to the voice. My personal interpretation of what Sapkowski might think about it is pretty off-topic.

I'm not inventing, I'm guessing. It's the day of the crystal glasses anyway. ;)

Let's just say that I don't believe him when he says that he doesn't know anything about the narrative in the games at all. He had way too much to say about that and how they can't be canon or sequels to his work to not at least having basic knowledge about them. But yeah, that's what I think. Feel free to disagree if you want.

Anyway, back to the voice. My personal interpretation of what Sapkowski might think about it is pretty off-topic.

Kind of funny how you put your opinion sounding like it's a fact: "No wonder he doesn't like the games and what CDPR did with his narrative..."
and when it's appointed for further explanation you just embrace the keep to topic. Sapkowski consider canon ONLY his books, no movies, no comics, no games, nothing, he doesn't need to know the plot to think about canon, it's not canon for him if it's not a novel he has writed..

Kind of funny how you put your opinion sounding like it's a fact: "No wonder he doesn't like the games and what CDPR did with his narrative..."
and when it's appointed for further explanation you just embrace the keep to topic. Sapkowski consider canon ONLY his books, no movies, no comics, no games, nothing, he doesn't need to know the plot to think about canon, it's not canon for him if it's not a novel he has writed..

Reason no1 on the internet: if people don't post hyperlinks to directs proofs or direct reasons they mostly state own opinions. They usually don't use "imo" in every sentence they write, mostly out of convenience reasons. Anyway, that's like beating a dead horse since I've already admitted that it's just my opinion...

I know that Sapkowski doesn't consider anything canon than his own books. That doesn't say anything whether he knows anything about the other stuff or not. I think (to make perfectly clear for you that this is my opinion) he does, more than he probably wants to admit. ;)

Top Bottom