Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what you're saying is CDPR false-advertised with the VGX trailer?

No you are saying that. I said the Trailers in general are made with some effects which add things like better lightning , optimisation etc. I don't know in detail how but this thing is done by every company. Every trailer looks better than ingame because of this stuff. That's the case with VGX. Now the 35 min gameplay is how the game will look like when we play. But it will better optimised and polished. Do you like how the graphics look on the 35 min demo ?

I don't know why people are trippin, this game is going to be fucking awesome! It's just Cutscenes, cdpr have never been strong in this area as far as I can tell.
Hey, and it's still a major step up from TW2, the face animations move now and look more real than ever. Now, if those low res textuers were in the gameplay itself,
then yeah I would be upset. It's a good thing it's not, so give thanks guys. They are working so hard to give their best, so please don't be so quick to judge.
Some folks are so damn rude and mean, where is the respect for your awesome brothers and sisters from another mother?
They are making this game, you're not making it, I'm not making it. So Embrace CDPR Team! (fuckers) lol..
:)
I appreciate your optimistic attitude, (shit, I wish I could have it) but many of us are skeptical as to whether or not CDPR will deliver on what they promised.

The blood effects on ciri are a nice attention to detail

No you are saying that. I said the Trailers in general are made with some effects which add things like better lightning , optimisation etc. I don't know in detail how but this thing is done by every company. Every trailer looks better than ingame because of this stuff. That's the case with VGX. Now the 35 min gameplay is how the game will look like when we play. But it will better optimised and polished. Do you like how the graphics look on the 35 min demo ?
So they purposely added things to the in-game trailer that won't actually be in the real game? So they made it look better than what we're actually getting? As many have said, CDPR advertises this as something with ground-breaking technology and visual fidelity. Just because other companies blatantly false-advertise to its consumer base doesn't mean CDPR should get a free pass.

Edit: I just want to add that when a company says something is rendered "in-engine" or that footage is of "actual gameplay", then we should be expecting that. By not actually delivering on the graphical/visual fidelity that they promoted earlier, they are blatantly false-advertising. It's scummy, and too many companies get away with it now-a-days because people eat it up regardless.

To CDPR: don't be worried
the game is going to be awesome the real fans know that and its going to be a hit !!
Don't mind these annoying people here !

its not going to be the best game ever (as some apparently thought) there will be mistakes no doubt but thats normal
deliver good gameplay + good open world + good story and everythings ok
the way some people talk here damm like CDPR owes them or something like the forums are in a pretty bad state

Last edited:
Seriously, what the fuck? How could this possibly happen to a character model? Am I in denial for still thinking something is wrong here that is a technical error?

View attachment 8194

I think, this is just a problem with loading textures.

I said it once before in another topic like this some while back.
Do you remember the texture loading problems in TW2 (at least on PC) ? Those were almost the exact same. In one moment you though "what the hell? super-low-res textures?" And then it "plopped" and became "normal" textures. I do not want to defend this here and I am still confused, but a part of those quality differences might just be that.

I absolutely agree however that this "frost effect" needs a SERIOUS workover.

As for the explosion, I think you can't compare it since it seems like a Witcher or Mage ability rather than a real explosion.

So they purposely added things to the in-game trailer that won't actually be in the real game? So they made it look better than what we're actually getting? As many have said, CDPR advertises this as something with ground-breaking technology and visual fidelity. Just because other companies blatantly false-advertise to its consumer base doesn't mean CDPR should get a free pass.

Added things ? I just said the implemented effects. You can't call them liars for making a trailer look good. A trailer is different form gameplay demo . If they added these effect on the 35 min demo now that would be lying. I would have agreed with you. But they didn't. You have seen what the gameplay was and it will be better optimised and polished these remaining 3 months.

Plus IMO those DLC that are coming free every week will be like patches. They will include bug fixes, polishing etc. So the game is going to look pretty good. If you dont like even that, well then it's not CDPR problem. Your asking for the impossible then

Added things ? I just said the implemented effects. You can't call them liars for making a trailer look good. A trailer is different form gameplay demo . If they added these effect on the 35 min demo now that would be lying. I would have agreed with you. But they didn't. You have seen what the gameplay was and it will be better optimised and polished these remaining 3 months.

Plus IMO those DLC that are coming free every week will be like patches. They will include bug fixes, polishing etc. So the game is going to look pretty good. If you dont like even that, well then it's not CDPR problem. Your asking for the impossible then
When a company says something is in-game footage, then that means it isn't pre-rendered; it is rendered in-engine. It wasn't a cinematic trailer. It was in-engine. I don't really know how to articulate this any better. At this point, I feel like we're just talking past each other rather than at each other. Plus, in my opinion, the 35 minute gameplay demo looks substantially worse than what was shown at VGX.

But is there any worthy substitute for Speed Tree?

It is, the engine itself.
The characteristics that rised with cryengine 2 for foliage are now present in many others game engines. Far Cry 4 is open world with a lot of Trees, foliage and animals plus people, like The Witcher 3, you have there a good example.

Of course, i said i don't like it, but contrary to what some post says, i do think this game still can be better quality than any other game in graphics or gameplay, a game changer for gaming history, i want to believe that and still that thinking isn't dead for me since the problem with graphics was just the video quality not the game.

The thing is, ingame does not mean final product quality, sometimes things need to be taken back a notch or two.
So why show something that most likely won't make it in the game? At this point, everything they show is looking worse and worse.

Edit: I just want to reiterate that I am a die-hard CDPR fan. I have been following them and the Witcher series since day 1. Furthermore, I have read the books multiple times and absolutely love the lore (despite inconsistencies in the games). However, what I will never approve of is blatant false-marketing of any game. It is scummy and completely destroys the consumer-business relationship. Now, CDPR has been incredibly good about it in recent years, but recently there have been questions worth bringing up.

Last edited:
When a company says something is in-game footage, then that means it isn't pre-rendered; it is rendered in-engine. It wasn't a cinematic trailer. It was in-engine. I don't really know how to articulate this any better. At this point, I feel like we're just talking past each other rather than at each other. Plus, in my opinion, the 35 minute gameplay demo looks substantially worse than what was shown at VGX.

It will need optimisation and polishing. That's why the demo didn't look like the VGX. i think after 3 months and the added DLC/patches it will look like that.

And your theory is already dis proven when you look at GTA V, the game is multi platform and the pc gets extra's and better graphics.
GTA V is also multiplatform yes but his theory still makes sense. Because in the release of GTA V Rockstar went with a harder but smarter decision. They first announced and released the game for consoles and didn't say a word about PC version. In the mean time the game sold millions on consoles and both sides; Sony-Microsoft and Rockstar made all the profit in the world. After that they announced the game for next-gen consoles and PC but again released the next-gen console version 2 months earlier than the PC. So until the PC release everybody on console side got what they wanted and there is no obstacle in the way for PC version to be superior in terms of graphics. We don't know if it will fulfill the expectations, but that policy of Rockstar might be the only way for PC versions of the games not to held back by consoles if "The13thHours"s theory is right .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom