Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're still saying they hyped up the game with visuals that are not going to end up in the final product? So they false-advertised? I feel like I'm talking to myself at this point.

I would not call it false advertising perse, it is quite common in games to show of your vision in very impressive looking trailers. That vision does not often translate into the product looking precisely like what was shown. Wether it was due to budget or the tech having a limit, it does happen. Now the comments saying that TW3 looks like a PS3 game or such are bonkers but it does look like we might have to make some expectation adjustments when it comes to the visuals.

Rather time.
Eh, I don't know how lack of time excuses the terrible inconsistencies. As someone earlier in this thread stated, this doesn't come off as a product that a company holds dear to them. There are BAD inconsistencies.

---------- Updated at 07:02 PM ----------

I would not call it false advertising perse, it is quite common in games to show of your vision in very impressive looking trailers. That vision does not often translate into the product looking precisely like what was shown. Wether it was due to budget or the tech having a limit, it does happen. Now the comments saying that TW3 looks like a PS3 game or such are bonkers but it does look like we might have to make some expectation adjustments when it comes to the visuals.
And that's totally fine if that's the case! I don't expect anything flawless, but CDPR really needs to at least SAY something if there must be a downgrade due to technical difficulties. What's interesting is that with the Witcher 2, what was seen before release got progressively better, and the final version was fantastic. However, with this one things just keep getting worse.

You must at least admit that it is a pretty shady business practice.

Can we then finally end this discussion?
They haven't lied to you because you still don't have the finished product in your hands.
How can they downgrade a entire game, when it's just a small part of the game (certain assets) that look unfinished? So wait till you have the game in your hands and see for yourself.

Now for the people who are still clinging to the SoD trailer, maybe that was footage from PC and this from Console. We don't know, so stop assuming the worst case scenario till we do know. (we owe CDPR at least that.) And yes this needs addressing from the devs, and CDPR need to remind their PR department what it is they should be doing. But don't yell they lied to you because you have seen very little of the game. And the part we have seen from the game (the 35 minute demo) looked pretty promising with some optimization time, which is what CDPR are now doing.

Now for me this topic is finished and I will stay far away from it. (if I can)

First of all calm down and don't call me a fan boy. I have typed on the previous comments that if CDPR wants to explain wtf was this trailer and how bad it was made ,they should deliver a new gameplay trailer or give us some info. i'm not protecting them but i'm also not accusing them of lying because i don't know how the game will look.
They are not liars. Why ? because you have seen only trailers until know. Let me ask you. Have you played the game ? no. have you seen how will the game look after 3 months? no. Have you seen a trailer and panicked ? yes. Can you be patient and wait for CDPR to tell us the truth or show some gameplay on high settings PC? no.

Well that sums why you are overreacting. You have no fact the game will be downgraded. You just have seen some trailer and making a big fuss.

Yes, they should give us that, but they wont, because there is no pressure, because people refuse to complain properly. Trailers aren't "just trailers". They are extracts from gameplay that show us the assets they have.

When I see some of those assets have magically become worse, of course I panick. With development the game becomes worse instead of better! There is nothing worse than that.

I won't wait until CDPR, after one month, says "don't worry guys, these textures are much worse because the video was was matrix compressed ;). Trust us, there is no downgrade. What is a video compared to our PR words?". I want them to fear any kind of downgrade. I want them to do everything they can do to show there is none.

Do you know who didn't panick or "overreact", who used constantly the "you have no PROOF" shield? ToR fans, TESO fans, W40K: Eternal Crusade fans, Cubeworld fans, Starbound fans, etc etc etc.

Even if I REALLY overreact, if there is a really good excuse, if there is no downgrade at all, I just make sure of it.
But if people "underreact", then we are doomed.

Last edited:
Yes, they should give us that, but they wont, because there is no pressure, because people refuse to complain properly. Trailers aren't "just trailers". They are extracts from gameplay that show us the assets they have.

When I see some of those assets have magically become worse, of course I panick. With development the game becomes worse instead of better! There is nothing worse than that.

I won't wait until CDPR, after one month, says "don't worry guys, these textures are much worse because the video was was matrix compressed ;). Trust us, there is no downgrade. What is a video compared to our PR words?". I want them to fear any kind of downgrade. I want them to do everything they can do to show there is none.

Do you know who didn't panick or "overreact", who used constantly the "you have no PROOF" shield? ToR fans, TESO fans, W40K: Eternal Crusade fans, Cubeworld fans, Starbound fans, etc etc etc.
I agree with this guy. The lack of holding developers accountable is what is completely killing this industry. :p

That's a valid point! I'm just confused about so many quality inconsistencies.
I don't know. I'm guessing because they haven't planned this trailer and probably didn't have time to film new footage so they just used old footage. We haven't had an actual in-game trailer since E3 and they haven't planned a trailer since then. I'm assuming all this is old footage from back around E3, footage they never put into the SOD trailer. A lot of stuff looks the same as in SOD, the only really bad thing is the wild hunt model.

With respect to the recent trailer, I think most of us have agreed that there are bizarre inconsistencies where it looks really good in some parts and atrocious in others.

That doen'st mean they are liars but a game company who dares to jump into make something awsome. I understantd you disappoint but I don't think this is enough to cruxify them. Everybody can make a mistake or two, and if you are a good follower of them you better than another one must know what kind of goal they've trying to reach.

You know they are here reading you as they've always been here for good news and bad news.

may the constant disappointment that other companies will have caused to you has done more susceptible, but I think your better than anyone knows that a complaint brought to the intransigence only be caused by an unfounded fear.

Are they guilty CDPR that other companies have deceived you? No one sufficiently mature have a blind faith in anyone, it is reasonable to have a margin of doubt in which errors have their space, without thereby becoming disappointments.

I don't know. I'm guessing because they haven't planned this trailer and probably didn't have time to film new footage so they just used old footage. We haven't had an actual in-game trailer since E3 and they haven't planned a trailer since then. I'm assuming all this is old footage from back around E3, footage they never put into the SOD trailer. A lot of stuff looks the same as in SOD, the only really bad thing is the wild hunt model.
The lighting is pretty terrible as well.

based on the uncompressed trailer, i don't see too much difference with other trailers. the few things that look a little bad are fixable as some said.

That seems ridiculously far fetched. If that is the case, why didn't they say so, instead of blaming everything on bad compression.

That doen'st mean they are liars but a game company who dares to jump into make something awsome. I understantd you disappoint but I don't think this is enough to cruxify them. Everybody can make a mistake or two, and if you are a good follower of them you better than another one must know what kind of goal they've trying to reach.

You know they are here reading you as they've always been here for good news and bad news.

may the constant disappointment that other companies will have caused to you has done more susceptible, but I think your better than anyone knows that a complaint brought to the intransigence only be caused by an unfounded fear.

Are they guilty CDPR that other companies have deceived you? No one sufficiently mature have a blind faith in anyone, it is reasonable to have a margin of doubt in which errors have their space, without thereby becoming disappointments.
I don't think CDPR should be crucified at all. They will never be as bad as other companies, but holding them accountable and wanting answers is perfectly valid.

My main issue is how the game doesn't look anything like it did in the VGX trailer that was promoted as in-game footage. The 35 minutes that we saw looked pretty horrible compared to what was shown originally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom