Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 3 version for the game. You are asking for only one version to be shown and that version needs to be max settings all the time.

What will be shown is the balance between the 3 versions. The demo as an example.
The demo was still substantially worse than the in-game footage shown at VGX.

It's never too late. The sooner they are informed, the sooner they will start correcting something.

If you think the trailers don't show enough, then CDPR should show us another video or screenshots. Enough "it's rushed" or "it's for consoles" excuses. If they are half as competent as they should be they will show us now what the situation is. For every concern, for every texture or effect with lesser quality compared to older videos or screenshots, a new screenshot.

Someone in CDPR is probably paid to keep in touch with the community. This isn't writing a bunch of tweets. It means keeping a fluid communication between devs and fans, and taking care of concerns properly. We should already have an answer in the form of screenshots, not s paragraph that means nothing and even I could write.

If CDPR doesn't do this it's because they don't want to, not because they can't. And the consequences for them will be terrible, as AboundingTbone shows below.

Last edited:
It's never too late. The sooner they are informed, the sooner they will start correcting something.

If you think the trailers don't show enough, then CDPR should show us another video or screenshots. Enough "it's rushed" or "it's for consoles" version. If they are half as competent as they should be they will show us now what the situation is. For every concern, for every texture or effect with lesser quality compared to older videos or screenshots, a new screenshot.

Someone in CDPR is probably paid to keep in touch with the community. This isn't writing a bunch of tweets. It means keeping a fluid communication between devs and fans, and taking care of concerns properly. We should already have an answer in the form of screenshots, not s paragraph that means nothing and even I could write.
Plus the issue is spreading.
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/the-w...ull-effect-after-latest-trailer-devs-comment/

Actually I think raising a ruckus now is too late to have any positive effect on the release. I would agree that contributing concerns earlier in the development process is what concerned customers should do, but at this point so close to release the devs will most certainly be in crunch mode and we should leave them to it. No rescheduling or major restructuring is going to take place at this late date.

If it turns out at release that there are problems - and we cannot make such a claim from the video trailers we have seen, only from gameplay and the 35 mins caused much less dissatisfaction than this latest rushed video - we can point them out then when the REDs are reviewing the whole of development, and scheduling post-release fixes which they surely will do being who they are (again if such is required).

I see people bringing up the discredited Neogaf post from way back, but remember how his primary claim that worked everyone up was that the game was Vapourware ? What ever happened to that concern? Seems no ones bothered about that anymore... like windup toy springs running out of tension.

So now the self winding is about graphical degradation, something that anyone with any sense knows cannot be accurately judged by a video for numerous reasons, go learn for yourself why the bitrate of actual game graphics & the bitrate of videos can't show identical results, and freaking out about screenshot stills doesn't display better sense... we play games at multiple frames per second, the contents of a single frame is far less important than how the total flow of frames performs.

We will have the game for ourselves very soon, its too late to contribute to development, calm down, and save it for release.

First, i don't think it's too late, and if it were is irrelevant, we share visions here.

Second, i don't agree with that vision of the "bitrate" and all, i don't need the same bit rate in a video than in game to see what are the game graphics LOL.

After seeing the screenshots from the uncompressed trailer, I would like to post my official apology to the devs, as well as to my fellow community members. I was wrong to act so hastily and shout "downgrade".

The fire effects still look strange and ugly, and it is probably the only thing that looks far worse then before..

On a side note, I will gladly eat my own words if that means that on the 24th of February we get a well-polished and fun game.

Cheers!

The difference between the vaporware claim and this is that we have multiple instances where the graphical differences is completely apparent. This isn't some random poster on Neogaf. This is what CDPR is showing to its audience.

Also, the 35 minute gameplay quality is noticeably worse than the quality that was shown in the original VGX trailer that had "in-game footage".

And CDPR has said that the game will look better then that, in multiple articles I believe.

We are CDPR clients. The client is always right, because it's US that pay for their products. No officer, director or shareholder will save you if your company doesn't keep clients happy.

The client is always right? What does that mean? When a client has a distorded expectation of your product does that mean you as a company owe them anything? No, as long as the company is true to what they advertized the product as. And since we do not have a product yet, then all we can do is speculate and have no right to demand anything.

And CDPR has said that the game will look better then that, in multiple articles I believe.

The client is always right? What does that mean? When a client has a distorded expectation of your product does that mean you as a company owe them anything? No, as long as the company is true to what they advertized the product as. And since we do not have a product yet, then all we can do is speculate and have no right to demand anything.
And yet it's close to release with even worse material being shown. Regardless, the game, specifically the 35 minute demo, looks nowhere as great as the SoD and VGX trailers. I honestly believe that they bullshotted for the other trailers, but that's just speculation.

Edit: So far, everything they have shown, including the demo, is substantially worse compared to this "in-game footage".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WtIpfwIClQ&feature=youtu.be&t=10s
or even this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KczsbBpX1so

Last edited:
The fire effects still look strange and ugly, and it is probably the only thing that looks far worse then before..Cheers!

Fire looks bad because it has blur applied to it. You can see the same effect on ships sails in the bottom right corner of that screen, I think removing that blur effect would solve the problem.

Well consider this: the demo wasn't played on the highest settings because then the console version would be 'left behind'. So they played the demo on a graphics level all machine are supposed to reach. (Like say medium or high, and without the Nvidia tech) The demo being marketing so it's best not to set expectations to high of the less powerfull machines otherwise console owners would feel cheated when the game is released.

But let's hope CDPR 'learns' from this experience. So they will release some awesome footage near x-Mass and new year or just in januari. (Would be a great x-Mass gift so see footage of the game on the highest setting, just saying)

And maybe this explains why some wild hunt members look unfinished. What if the Nvidia tech is just used on the main characters on consoles? Because I can imagine when you visit Novigrad the framerate is just gone when multiple character are walking around with Nice fur. (On consoles)

Last edited:
Sorry, but to all ppl that say "No downgrade, it's just the video compression", that's bull.

I watched the 3gb trailer, and here's a screencap from it (found on DSoG) - please click for the full size and view at 1:1 zoom:

It's very obvious that these are no compression artifacts. Clean edges, smooth textures without blockiness, the video quality is very good. The texture quality in game though, is atrocious.

Well consider this: the demo wasn't played on the highest settings because then the console version would be 'left behind'. So they played the demo on a graphics level all machine are supposed to reach. (Like say medium or high, and without the Nvidia tech) The demo being marketing so it's best not to set expectations to high of the less powerfull machines otherwise console owners would feel cheated when the game is released.

This is probably incorrect. As was confirmed by Jose, the Gamescom demo was running on PC at max settings, and it looks very similar visually to the extended 35 min demo we got to see later on.

Sorry, but to all ppl that say "No downgrade, it's just the video compression", that's bull.

I watched the 3gb trailer, and here's a screencap from it (found on DSoG) - please click for the full size and view at 1:1 zoom:

It's very obvious that these are no compression artifacts. Clean edges, smooth textures without blockiness, the video quality is very good. The texture quality in game though, is atrocious.

Frost effect is the problem here, underneath those white "things" are high quality textures, you can see small cracks and cuts in the armor.

They would probably release a trailer when it;s done . I suppose we are going to have to wait for that.

I think the only option to bring peace to all the ppl here that preordered and are now panicking, and to stop spreading this damaging publicity, is to release a few screenshots from known areas, and from a PC build. Instant peace, all faith restored. It could be so easy. But i think they can't do that, because there is at least some downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom