Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, those screens are 1 and a half years old when supposedly the game had renderer of the REDengine 2.
Was the VGX trailer on the old renderer too? If so I would think when they switched to REDengine 3 they might have to work to get those visuals back

I've seen Elder Blood trailer (2,93 gb) a few times and I'm sure there was some kind of texture loading problem with the wild hunt guy who's fighting with Ciri, when the trailer was made.

That's it, because the rest looks like always

Why are some scenes in the debut trailer also in VGX? Wasn't the debut REDengine 2?

just throwing the comparsion pic in here

@C0bR

Thanks. Looks similar to me. Seems like the debut has some sort of color filter over it. I think Geralt's character model in the right image looks the same as it does now.

What has been downgraded(except for the Wild Hunt character that clearly is not finished or whatever) in this trailer because I'm ignorant when it comes to stuff like this.Can someone tell and explain me what looked better in SoD trailer ?
Most of the backlash is against the subpar textures of the Wild Hunt characters. Also the clothing on the peasant is not high res.

As well as the blatant downgrading in quality between the original trailers and the 35 minute demo.
Well the 35 minute demo was 4 months old when they debuted it (It's 10 months old now). It was a stable build that ran without issues. More advanced builds may look better, but could crash. You don't want a demo where you fall through the map like with what happened recently with Uncharted 4. Or the game crashing to desktop like what happened with Dragon Age Inqusition on one stream. Not to mention the Griffin hunt was confirmed to be Xbox One gameplay

Most of the backlash is against the subpar textures of the Wild Hunt characters. Also the clothing on the peasant is not high res.
As well as the blatant downgrading in quality between the original trailers and the 35 minute demo.
What do you exactly mean by "blatant downgrading in quality", if you don't mind me asking? Different setting (Skellige), different time of the day, different weather conditions. Tell me how it is blatantly downgraded compared to prev. videos, please. How can you even assess the quality from tiny little snippets and then compare to an extended demo? ...this is getting nowhere...

Edit: seems like I misunderstood your post a bit, still, I don't understand what the fuss is all about. I myself fail to see any significant "downgrade" between the trailers and the 35-minute demo.

Last edited:
Ciri time!

In chronological order
========The Sword of Destiny========

=========35 min gameplay ==========
(Take in mind video quality its blurred)

===========Elder Blood ============

No tell me that it was downgraded, ill get you more pics.

What do you exactly mean by "blatant downgrading in quality", if you don't mind me asking? Different setting (Skellige), different time of the day, different weather conditions. Tell me how it is blatantly downgraded compared to prev. videos, please. ...this is getting nowhere...
Probably referring to the swamp area which looked better in the VGX trailer than in the demo. But I'm pretty sure the locations are different so comparing is not that easy.

Probably referring to the swamp area which looked better in the VGX trailer than in the demo. But I'm pretty sure the locations are different so comparing is not that easy.

Well, he was talking about this latest trailer and the 35-minute demo so... Oops, seems like I misunderstood it.
Anyway, The swamp does look better in that particular shot, but I really think the difference is just the contrast. I mean, everything looks the same, it's just the colors that look a little washed out in the E3 demo.

I think I already said it, but VGX trailer mainly benefited from the fact, that someone actually directed it (unlike Elder Blood).

For example that swamp shot above would never look as good if it was shot on midday and the sun was somewhere behind and above Geralt (it also has shitty tree textures and it is a sharpening filter galore ). Same for basically every other shot in that trailer.

Even though I have to say that I have not been too sure about the lighting either. It has looked quite "not so good" ever since the E3 demo (may have been because of the time of the day), but I am still expecting it to look good in the game.

If you take the 35 min demo and correct somethings it looks close to the VGX, the water needs improved along with some other minor things. The Famitsu screenshots show a large lighting and model improvement in the swamp

View attachment 8277

Attachments

• 1412955779015.jpg
    1412955779015.jpg
    431.1 KB · Views: 87
I think the trailer was the xbox one version. The grass looked classic rendered in a console like single texture, whereas I think the PC version has that game works grass they showed before.

BTW Hello again everyone!. How are you?

I'm doing fine, I just had some dinner.
And holy hell, this thread is still going? Jeez. At least people have started showing evidence to their arguments, rather than just slinging insults to and fro.

It can have the graphics of the Witcher 2 if you ask me... Just polish the fights a little bit and give the game... NOW!!!

Seriously man, are graphics that important???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom