Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The "different time of day" argument is very sound, although there are certain things that still appear to be missing, like the reflections off his hair and armor and water, and the depth of field is gone

Attachments

• 11jc12b.jpg
    11jc12b.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 8vyd6c.jpg
    8vyd6c.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 31327aw.jpg
    31327aw.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 2zrezk7.jpg
    2zrezk7.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 24g4kdk.jpg
    24g4kdk.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 30
The "different time of day" argument is very sound, although there are certain things that still appear to be missing, like the reflections off his hair and armor and water, and the depth of field is gone
Yeah, some stuff that isn't that hard to add. Personally, I don't see the issue with bloom and DOF being gone :lol: Never liked them

It can have the graphics of the Witcher 2 if you ask me... Just polish the fights a little bit and give the game... NOW!!!

Seriously man, are graphics that important???

For me yeah they are right up there with story and gameplay. But I try to stay unbiased and not do that annoying thing gamers do where they pick and choose and change what is "most important" based on what game is being showcased or ripped on.

Does that make sense? Like, people in the youtube comments for the e3 Uncharted 4 trailer were freaking out about how amazing it looked and ripping on PC and saying graphics are amazing. But then after the recent gameplay came out with slightly lower quality lighting and shadow effect, people are going all defense force crazy and saying how crappy the game looks and some people are saying "Oh well graphics don't matter" when they were the same people who before said the opposite when the graphics were a lot better

---------- Updated at 12:14 AM ----------

@Docttj

I really miss the bloom tbh lol. And DoF effects are awesome. I am always sad to see them go, like with Watch Dogs or Killzone or whatnot

It may sound sound but it might as well be true. I'm not sure what you mean by reflections (what do you exactly miss?) but how can you expect them to be the same if the sun shines in one shot and doesn't (or does differently) in another?

Btw, aren't those 'fancy' effects like DoF or bloom toggable? I'm sure they will be in the final game.

Last edited:
For me yeah they are right up there with story and gameplay. But I try to stay unbiased and not do that annoying thing gamers do where they pick and choose and change what is "most important" based on what game is being showcased or ripped on.

Does that make sense? Like, people in the youtube comments for the e3 Uncharted 4 trailer were freaking out about how amazing it looked and ripping on PC and saying graphics are amazing. But then after the recent gameplay came out with slightly lower quality lighting and shadow effect, people are going all defense force crazy and saying how crappy the game looks and some people are saying "Oh well graphics don't matter" when they were the same people who before said the opposite when the graphics were a lot better

---------- Updated at 12:14 AM ----------

@Docttj

I really miss the bloom tbh lol. And DoF effects are awesome. I am always sad to see them go, like with Watch Dogs or Killzone or whatnot
I never understood DOF. If I'm looking at one part of the screen the other parts will already be out of my attention and blurred. I don't need DOF simulating my eyes focusing on stuff for me. Bloom can be really over done too and I think it is most of the time.

I'm sure DOF and Bloom will be in the game. Would be surprised not to seem them in the finished product. They're like basic graphical features nowadays

In chronological order
========The Sword of Destiny========

=========35 min gameplay ==========
(Take in mind video quality its blurred)

===========Elder Blood ============

No tell me that it was downgraded, ill get you more pics.

Yen

Look at the hair.
As you demanded, they did it.

@Yurtex

Those riders and horse head armors look pretty similar to me. Different lighting in SOD with light reacting on the armor though

As for Yen,

They made her hair black (Like it should be) and I think improved her facial model (This is subjective. I think old Yen was kinda ugly) Clothing looks a bit better to me in Elder Blood. I think it's kinda hard to tell a hair difference in that shot. Her hair is now black and her outfit fur is too. Her hair is in a bit different position too. More behind her

Last edited:
@Yurtex

Those riders and horse head armors look pretty similar to me. Different lighting in SOD with light reacting on the armor though
As for Yen,
They made her hair black (Like it should be) and I think improved her facial model. Clothing looks a bit better to me in Elder Blood
Yeah, it's a bit hard to tell with the rider, since he doesn't get as close to the camera in the SOD trailer than in the Elder Blood Trailer, but I'd say they look about the same.
I think Yennefer's face looking better might just be because she doesn't have as blank of an expression in the Elder Blood trailer. Also, did they change the necklace? The band seems thinner in SOE.

Yeah, it's a bit hard to tell with the rider, since he doesn't get as close to the camera in the SOD trailer than in the Elder Blood Trailer, but I'd say they look about the same.
I think Yennefer's face looking better might just be because she doesn't have as blank of an expression in the Elder Blood trailer. Also, did they change the necklace? The band seems thinner in SOE.
No, I think they confirmed they re-designed her when the free DLC was announced.

Are you talking about this, C0bR?
I'd say it looks fine, if a bit flat. I wonder why they changed the direction of the chains.
Actually, now that I look at it, they seem to have also changed the color of those rivet-things on his shoulder, and maybe made the stitching less prominent, if that's not caused by the added color correction. Also, I noticed that you're the one who actually posted this. oops.

Last edited:

Yen

Look at the hair.
As you demanded, they did it.

Yeah that is amazing. Thank you VERY much for this CDPR. Hair looks absolutely awesome. Yen's clothes and textures in general are top notch IMO. They really hit her looks, at least the way I imagined her. (PS: I still don't believe that the SoD version (second last picture) is actual in-game during-normal-gameplay material and nobody should really assume this IMO)

Are you talking about this, C0bR?

I'd say it looks fine, if a bit flat. I wonder why they changed the direction of the chains.
Nah, I mean that boat pic with Yen and Triss above. The stretching/compression there is just as bad as in some of those Elder Blood shots.

Yeah that is amazing. Thank you VERY much for this CDPR. Hair looks absolutely awesome. Yen's clothes and textures in general are top notch IMO. They really hit her looks, at least the way I imagined her. (PS: I still don't believe that the SoD version (second last picture) is actual in-game during-normal-gameplay material and nobody should really assume this IMO)
Its contrast lighting and post-processed video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom