The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - An Open Letter

+
A delayed game isn't always good though. I hate that quote. Look at Watch Dogs, Colonial Marines, etc.
Colonial marines could have been good if Gearbox didn't shove it off to another dev and took money from the project. Watch_dogs also had potential and going from this story (That may be true to or may not be. The image goes with what he says though) they had issues on a management level. Prey was delayed a lot and ended up really good I thought.

View attachment 8320

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 28
No need for apologies. I can wait a few months to get the most polished experience as possible. It's no biggie. Take your time and release the game only when it's in the condition that you guys want it to be.

To be honest, I'm actually a bit glad the release date got pushed forward. Now it's closer to my summer vacation and I have plenty of time to replay TW1 & TW2! :)

Pretty much this. Take your time CDPR.

Nooooo, my internship will start from january till the end of april and that's the only time I can concentrate on playing TW3, you destroyed my perfect plan CDPR !!!!!

All I and many others want is to find out why. CDPR are known to be consumer-friendly, so why can't they be honest with us? They can delay the game as much as they'd like and I would support them, but I am extremely hesitant to do so under current circumstances.
They were the good guys in the old days of console shenanigans of big publishers. But they overslept the whole open development stuff and gamer-integration focus that came up with crowdfunding in the past view years and month. Their behaviour and policy is still rooted in the locked down development processes of the past and yeah, that's pretty sad.

That's extremely disappointing, especially since we were approaching the release date, the excitation was building up pretty damn hard. That said, honestly I much prefer another delay rather than a buggy game, take all your time CDPR, this game will be awesome and if you need more time to make it the best possible, how could I be mad about it? In a way that's a good news, just don't do it too often! >< In the meantime my CE is still pre-ordered and I don't intend to cancel it.

Go go CDPR you can do it! :D

This is a very good call to make. Better to release the game in the best possible state it can be on day 1. Good luck getting everything to be the best it can be for launch!

Perhaps they do, perhaps they don't...but recent months have not been too kind and it is extremely evident now that there is problems going on inside CDPR.

Don't you or anyone else dare try to deny it either. NeoGaf, these recent screenshots and trailers showing a worse-looking game, a delay soon after...it's obvious, and people are still in denial.

All I and many others want is to find out why. CDPR are known to be consumer-friendly, so why can't they be honest with us? They can delay the game as much as they'd like and I would support them, but I am extremely hesitant to do so under current circumstances.

If there are serious issues inside of CDprojekt (which I doubt), they most likely would not be allowed to discuss them because it could affect the financials of their parent company. The only time you should actually be really concerned is if it shows up in the financial statements of a company. If it's being disclosed, its because there is an issue large enough to affect the companies revenue stream and/or affect business operations. Major issues are required to be disclosed because otherwise it opens them up to liability from their investors. Improper disclosure can also affect their capital raising, which I am sure they don't want.

Honestly, just wait for the game. The fact they are delaying the game is actually good. Most companies push out buggy games because their financials require it. CDProjeckt believes their funding is good and has enough money to be able to afford to delay and polish. Gamers complain about both delays and bugs. Pick one.

I... I can't hold my tears.
My plan to saving money for TW3, replay TW 1 and 2 for savegame,... all... ruined.
please... make the delay... worth... it...
*heart attacked*

Ew, I commend them for the decision but this combined with all the not so great things lately makes me a bit unsure on what to expect.

Top Bottom