The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - An Open Letter

+
Its anything but simple, they are probably facing a shareholder mutiny right now and by delaying it a second time they lose face in the industry, not to mention the fans that will be very angry , this shows that the actual quality of the game is a real concern to them, and that Iwinsky(and the other members of the board) is prepared to take that risk if it means delivering the game we all want W3 to be

Of course the quality of the game is a concern to them. Otherwise they probably would get crucified by both gamers and media after what happened to AC Unity and Co. lately. So delaying the game to deliver a more stable product is just a simple business decision. It's pondering and minimizing risks and not taking extra risks, like in every other business. That has nothing to do with "having balls" since it's neither extraordinary nor unusual. Delays in gaming happen all the time.

It is not just about having to wait longer but it is also a worrying sign that the development hasn't been going smoothly and they're not getting the results they wanted.
Ok but that´s the current situation and we cant do anything about it now, we can just complain about it and scream how they didnt keep their promise and want it to be released like tommorow OR show them trust that if they will take their time they will handle it. Which attitude would help the final game more?

You earned so much trust and respect and even more after reading this. Delaying The Witcher 3 again is a very tough decision and it's showing that you really want to reach your own and our expectations. So take your time, CDPR. :)

Dude, I meant morally owing them not legally. Just based on the very basics of respect...

Do you report extra information to the IRS for moral reasons?

Companies don't give out information that would could affect their financials because it could lead to liability issues with their shareholders. They've told us it's being delayed. If they release anything else, consider it excellent news as it means they still believe their product to be great. If they don't report, it doesn't mean the opposite. It just means they are probably listening to their team of lawyers.

With the July 17th I meant they should release it on that date, in response to Wichat and Reptile. It was a joke.

I rather have a delay by two months than being disappointed by a broken game for the rest of my life.

Remember what happened to Gothic 3 - it marked the end of a great game series.
So I have to say respect to CDPR for knowing their limits and admitting them.

But... but... I'd still be very happy if PR had the heart to give us some gameplay footage to help with the wait.

I think CD Projekt should have done a phased launch as they did with TW2. First on PC and then on the rest of platforms.

Sorry, I understand the reasons but I'm very disappointed

I don´t think that "the rest of platforms" would be able to accept this... :D
even if I wouldn´t mind...

So?! Why don't you adhere to your self-made deadlines? It's a lot of fuss about nothing.

No more delay were promised,,, if you don't keep this promise you won't keep the others. Soon the will be expensive DLCs, plattform-exclusive edition and a copy protection to make it impossible to enjoy the game.

Now the release of the Witcher will always have a bad taste. Time to cancel my pre-order.

Do you report extra information to the IRS for moral reasons?

Companies don't give out information that would could affect their financials because it could lead to liability issues with their shareholders. They've told us it's being delayed. If they release anything else, consider it excellent news as it means they still believe their product to be great. If they don't report, it doesn't mean the opposite. It just means they are probably listening to their team of lawyers.
I'm not sure if I can follow you... I guess we already misunderstood each other in the first place maybe. Doesn't matter, it's not that important.

Of course the quality of the game is a concern to them. Otherwise they probably would get crucified by both gamers and media after what happened to AC Unity and Co. lately. So delaying the game to deliver a more stable product is just a simple business decision. It's pondering and minimizing risks and not taking extra risks, like in every other business. That has nothing to do with "having balls" since it's neither extraordinary nor unusual. Delays in gaming happen all the time.

If you consider it nothing major, you shouldn't expect extra disclosure ;)

Remember what happened to Gothic 3 - it marked the end of a great game series.
That was something completely different. Gothic 3 wasn't really rushed - its whole premise was way too big for PB in the first place. They were overambitious and they weren't able to deliver on the huge vision they had for the game. Even some more months of development couldn't have turned the game to what it originally was intended to be...

Well, the same could still happen to W3. And 12 additional weeks wouldn't change anything in respect to that.

Overambition is one of the core sins of game development...

Right. That's good I guess. Good luck to the team.
It has killed the little excitement I had for the game though.

I really hope they will communicate better about the game itself, because following TW3 news is really boring or, in that case, disappointing.

I am about to go and take my first law school Finals exam.
I shouldn't have gone on the internet today.

If I get an F, I will blame CDPR.

Top Bottom