Fanfiction contest results!

+
Fanfiction contest results!

We are pleased to announce a long-awaited Fanfiction contest results for the best stories in English language. We have selected 3 winners - Corvinius for "The May Queen's Curse", Vincalis for "Hunger" and Rhian for "Chaining A Hawk". They will receive 3 books "The Last Wish" written by Andrzej Sapkowski. You can verify fairness of the jury's decision at the Fanfiction site, where you can also find other best stories selected and published.

bh

Senior user
They all look great. I truly Enjoy reading fanfiction, but have yet to even play the game or read the books :eek:Great effort everyone that participated, Amazing! ;D

I'm a slow reader, but what I've seen so far was really good. Chaining a Hawk added quite a bit more depth to the professor's character and it was a very enjoyable read. I'll check out the rest later :)

I've read the Corvinus story and ... wow, I't's a brilliant story for the expansions, so deep and intesive. , I'll check the others

Grats Corvinius and Vincalis :)I just finished "Hunger" and liked it a lot, going to read The May Queen's Curse next.@Kaeldorn.Thank you for the compliment. ;D Had really not expected to be among the winners, but it indeed feels good to know that people enjoy what I wrote.

Slightly off topic, but which section of the forums is appropriate for those of us who didn't get our stories published on the website to post them in?

:eek: Woah....thank you, guys...man, I am totally baffled here...Thanks to the whole team who took the time to read through all that stuff.Judging from what I've seen of the other stories, that must've been quite a difficult decision.Congrats to Rhian and Vincalis, I just downloaded your stories. Going to enjoy them now with a good glass of red wine.Yo. That means: party tonight, guys. ;D Cheers! :beer:

Corvinius said:
:eek: Woah....thank you, guys...I am totally baffled here...thank you. That means: party tonight. Cheers :beer:
This summed up my initial reaction entirely! Grats to Corvinius and Rhian especially :beer:Glad you liked Hunger, Rhian. You did an excellent job with Chaining A Hawk!I went on a must-read-everything spree after I realised the results were out and I have to admit: the standard of everything now on the site is pretty high. So I must offer thanks and praise to JanNDen, hamratus, Agent Griff and Soulforged for providing me with several hours of great reading material as well as my fellow competition winners.Clearly the judges had a tough job.So to conclude: Thanks once again, and I hope you enjoy reading! ;D

I want to congratulate to Corvinius, Vincalis and Rhian!Even if I hadn't won I am glad to have the honour to have my story published on this official witcher website.I have not read the other stories yet, but I am looking forward to do so.Now I am waiting only for the releasing the Djinni toolset, when I will be able to set my ideas into the witcher game. Thanks to CD Project and especially to A. Sapkowski for creating one of the best stories I have ever read!

kalniel said:
Slightly off topic, but which section of the forums is appropriate for those of us who didn't get our stories published on the website to post them in?
Probably the Community section, unless they create a new forum for it. :)

The results are finally in! I'm glad to see that my fic was nominated as one of the best. Congratulations to Rhian, Vincalis and Corvinius. Comparing their stories to mine I can see that they are all much longer. Well, perhaps I'm better suited to writing shorter stories than most short stories are considered. Anyway, seeing my own story get nominated is a sign that my efforts and writing talents are being recognized. Kudos to the CDPR team for creating such a great game and having such a good idea which could be implemented when it comes to other RPGs.

...hat's off to all the winners...i didn't win :( there goes my 5 hours of brainstorming...lolthanks to the devs, the participants and everyone who made this contest possible...

Don't be too sad Hamratus. Just by having your story between the best ones written (it was published on the site, some stories didn't receive even that reward) means that you are a skilled writer who can duke it out with some of the best on these boards. I am in your situation as well but I am pleased, to be honest. Oh, I've just read "Hunger". Brilliant story, I really liked how you wrote the fight (and most of the story for that matter) from the Ghoul's perspective. Really original story, great work Vincalis. You really focused on that sense of raw hunger (or desperation) that pushes most of these beings over the brink. In your ghoul's case at least, if he would have just left those two peasants alone, then he wouldn't have had any trouble with the big guy. Also, I liked the last one-liner by Geralt: “No hard feelings, A witcher needs to eat as well.”. Really stylish.

Thanks for the publishing!I didn't expect the competing stories to be that long though, they seem more like short novels than tales, but they're, nontheless, deserving the praizes they are getting. I tried to make a story with no violent action to see how I fared, I'm glad it worked.

looks like the link has been removed or changed would of loved to read some of it any suggestions as to where I could find some witcher fan fic? preferably involving triss in some way as she is ace and there need to be more triss in future content.

Top Bottom