The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - An Open Letter

+
In hindsight, CDPR shouldn't have announced such a precise release date. Vague 2015 would have sufficed, until they knew 100% whether they would make it in time.

But no matter. As Shigeru Miyamoto said, "Delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever". So take your time REDs, we expect great things from you : )

I knew I should have waited with buying my new computer :p What am I gonna play in the beginning of 2015? Ubisoft games? Ehh...

Only PC game of that format wouldnt profit... sadly

Ahem -> https://robertsspaceindustries.com/

At least 5-10 times the budget of Witcher 3. Completly gamer-funde. Ultra next-gen. PC-only.

Just because some executives at big publishers who don't play games themselves say so doesn't mean that it necessarily has to be true...

---------- Updated at 05:45 PM ----------

In hindsight, CDPR shouldn't have announced such a precise release date. Vague 2015 would have sufficed, until they knew 100% whether they would make it in time.

But no matter. As Shigeru Miyamoto said, "Delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever". So take your time REDs, we expect great things from you : )

I knew I should have waited with buying my new computer :p What am I gonna play in the beginning of 2015? Ubisoft games? Ehh...
They have to announce such a precise release date. That's a requirement for a console release. It's not about a PC-only game here. You don't have that flexibility when you do retail contracts and other business contracts in the console space...

Really this is perfectly good news for most of you?

Have you all lost abilty to use basic logic or what?

This is troubling and I'm worried.CD Projekt red PROMISED that there will be no more delays (oh btw. this is 2nd delay).If you promise something and you fail to fulfil it that means that:

a)you're not trustworthy (why should we trust you again especially since you now didn't guarantee anything)

b)something went horribly wrong since deadline which you claimed you can achieve has to be pushed for 3 months

SOMETHING caused that or you're simply bad at predicting your deadlines and you aren't aware of your capabilities.

Don't get me wrong I SUPPORT this if this is going to lead to better game with less bugs BUT it still raises quite a few important questions.

I'm worried and don't know what to expect from Witcher 3 any more (oh and btw most of the features are yet to be shown like mounted combat....so cutting floor is I'm afraid going to be covered with lots of blood and I hate that).

And yes we deserve explanation cause this isn't Ubishit and I'm glad it's that way but Watch Dogs was delayed and so was GTA V and many others and it mostly was used to cut bunch of content from both games.

Ahem -> https://robertsspaceindustries.com/

At least 5-10 times the budget of Witcher 3. Completly gamer-funde. Ultra next-gen. PC-only.

Just because some executives at big publishers who don't play games themselves say so doesn't mean that it necessarily has to be true...

---------- Updated at 05:45 PM ----------

They have to announce such a precise release date. That's a requirement for a console release. It's not about a PC-only game here. You don't have that flexibility when you do retail contracts and other business contracts in the console space...

That game also has some massive feature and scope creep, and we have no idea when or if it'll ever be delivered.

Guest 3702081

At least i hope we can see another long gameplay video to pass this new 3 months of waiting easier

What do you think, people?

Hopefully, but definitely not now.

Well, positive thing about the delay: more time to save money for a new pc.

MGS V, buddy.

Sad news indeed, but also gives me some hope for a game, that actually runs and is balanced.
All this I was the "positive one" and was actually smirking at latest "shitstorm", as it turned out, something really was wrong with the game.
I hope it's about finishing the game not trying to rebuild something from scrach - for example large part of game engine, that simply doesn' work as supposed to. Or maybe someone accidentally deleted half of the hires textures :)
I just hope, there isn't something fundamentally wrong with the game...

Take your time, just do it right!
And I am not angry - shit happens all the time. Sometimes it is not about dedication, passion or working 24 hours a day for great deeds.
Sometimes it's just a little more time you need....

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!! thank u for enlightening me!!!!!! never shall i be cold again wow

The point is that your house can be as warm in winter as it is in summer. So your reasoning why you like playing games in summer doesn't make much sense if you just heat up the room you're playing games in. ;)

---------- Updated at 05:49 PM ----------

MGS V, buddy.

They haven't released a date at all so far. CDPR already did so they just can't come up with a "when it's done" message now. They have to "compensate" MS and Sony. for their former release date and they wouldn't accept such an open date anymore. And MGS V will get a firm date sooner or later as well.

Given the choice, I'd rather have a delayed but truly finished game rather than an disappointingly unfinished and/or buggy one. With that in mind I'll begrudgingly accept CDPR's decision to delay again even after resolute promises not to do so. I'm not happy about it but I understand why. Hopefully they realize they are setting quality expectations even higher now given the multiple delays.

However, this ridiculous pass that many on these forums here and elsewhere are giving CDPR is uncalled for. "Good decision, CDPR!!! Take all the time you need! I'm SO glad to hear this!" is just silly. CDPR as primarily a PC-game developer brought this situation on themselves by trying to develop the game for the PC and consoles at the same time. It is apparent now that they bit off way more than they could chew and should have invested 100% into the PC version first. The frankly greedy attempt to simultaneously release on all platforms when coming from a mainly PC-development background has resulted in the situation CDPR now finds itself in.

Hopefully for their next game (CP2077) they won't make the same mistake.

Last edited:
That game also has some massive feature and scope creep, and we have no idea when or if it'll ever be delivered.

And what exactly is the difference to Witcher 3? Anything you list here could be said for this game as well. Witcher 3 had a massive list of feature from the beginning with a quite (over)ambitious scope of basically making the "uber RPG" nobody was able to do before...

Well, we do at least know that W3 will be released. But we have no idea in which state it will be at that time and on how much promises CDPR really delivered...

Really this is perfectly good news for most of you?

Have you all lost abilty to use basic logic or what?

This is troubling and I'm worried.CD Projekt red PROMISED that there will be no more delays (oh btw. this is 2nd delay).If you promise something and you fail to fulfil it that means that:

a)you're not trustworthy (why should we trust you again especially since you now didn't guarantee anything)

b)something went horribly wrong since deadline which you claimed you can achieve has to be pushed for 3 months

SOMETHING caused that or you're simply bad at predicting your deadlines and you aren't aware of your capabilities.

Don't get me wrong I SUPPORT this if this is going to lead to better game with less bugs BUT it still raises quite a few important questions.

I'm worried and don't know what to expect from Witcher 3 any more (oh and btw most of the features are yet to be shown like mounted combat....so cutting floor is I'm afraid going to be covered with lots of blood and I hate that).

And yes we deserve explanation cause this isn't Ubishit and I'm glad it's that way but Watch Dogs was delayed and so was GTA V and many others and it mostly was used to cut bunch of content from both games.
It's a 12 week delay. It's not exactly something horrible. Just more time to polish and work on things. What exactly was cut from GTA V? They said there would be no more delays 7 months ago, that's plenty of time to find new bugs and other issues

They haven't released a date at all so far. CDPR already did so they just can't come up with a "when it's done" message now. They have to "compensate" MS and Sony. for their former release date and they wouldn't accept such an open date anymore. And MGS V will get a firm date sooner or later as well.

MGS V coming 2015 - we knew about the year of release since last year. Reds could have done the same thing, given that at this moment we still don't know the precise date of MGS V.

I'm still concerned.
I mean, rushing it out the door certainly isn't a good thing, but the fact that we're seeing multiple delays certainly isn't a good sign either as it suggests shoddy organization.
If it was a good thing, Duke Nukem Forever would've been the best game in existence.

I wonder how many people are familiar with the entire creative process TW3 and problems during it. Perhaps CDPR should be smarter and ask them what their company has failed so we would enjoy and play already the game....

Well take your time, you're the only guys I trust, love, adore and respect so much all at the same time.
Otherwise just killed the birthday vibe for me, just resulted in another usual meaningless birthday for me.

Just means now focus on work and wait for a splendid summer.

Top Bottom