The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - An Open Letter

+
The ducks did THAT? Those evil, evil little flappers! Honey garlic sauce for the lot!

Kinda looks more like a chicken, though.
I searched a bit for the image where someone placed Daffy Duck's face on Caranthir's helmet, but couldn't find it.

Can't unsee it.

@glesson and others

Alright. I'm not sure exactly constitutes as a "Living world" though. Sounds subjective to me. Immersion is subjective too. An economy is in a ton of open world RPG's.

I'd say making a story that fits an open world is still something a lot of games have trouble doing. I'd say that is a lofty goal in the genre Witcher is in. I don't want to sound like I'm saying "Nothing they do is hard work!".

What I'm saying is that I don't know why a lot of people act like The Witcher 3 has ideas that absolutely nobody has done and are impossible. Does it have ideas many people have tried and done bad? Yeah. Those ideas have also been tried and done well before though at the same time.

You want to know a game I think does have goals that may be out of reach? Star citizen. That's for another thread though

Oh hey, an official poll

I think CDPR has encountered a serious problem during development.

But CDPR had bigger problems in the past (see the story here). They're champion developer and their story is a story of success. I think someday there will be another article about this situation - about how everything went wrong but eventually turned good. I like the way they never give up and actually they're trying to create a game that lives up to their ambitions.

You have my support CDPR. I'm sure you will win again. :victory:

Those ideas have also been tried and done well before though at the same time.
So I'm pretty sure you can name me some games on which that statement apply...?! ;)

---------- Updated at 09:31 PM ----------

Why? I think it's good. They can easily see what people on the forum think without reading through pages and pages.

They can hardly see what we really think based on that poll. It's just over-simplyfing a much more complex discussion with people really trying to explain their feelings. Yes or no doesn't relect that in any way.

I like the poll.

Honestly if they're delaying the game it's probably coupled with stress.

Getting confidence from a patient community can alleviate some of it.

I know the folks at CDPR are working their butts off, and here's me telling them to take their time.

Take your time! :)

Attachments

• CommentPhotos.com_1406834070.jpg
    CommentPhotos.com_1406834070.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 49
So I'm pretty sure you can name me some...?! ;)
I think Rockstar overall makes open world games with good stories and lots of small details. I think Red Faction Guerilla is an open world game with amazing technology that no game has topped. I think Fallout New Vegas is an open world RPG with a lot of content and a good main quest with different ways to go about it (Mods can make the game have very good visuals but that's mods and not official)

I think Just Cause 2 is a big world and that it had very good visuals for how big the world is. Those are some recent games. A lot of the goals you guys mentioned can be or are subjective. Like immersion or a living world. I'm not gonna try to touch on those. Some people find games living and immersive and others don't

Last edited:
Did you miss the part where ReptileHZ is around? Or, god forbid, Guy? Because this looks like bait, to me... anyway.

Here, peruse this for info: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/30456-Interviews-and-Articles-Part-2

That's kind of a lot.

What, exactly, are you looking for in terms of information that isn't in there?
I am indeed following news of the game. That's my problem with TW3 from the start. I don't see much things appealing in all I read about it and I always think I missed something, seeing you guys excited about it.
I'll move along, I don't wanna look like "bait". I really hope everything's due to very bad timing, PR and marketing.

From the poll it looks that most of the guys here are ok with the delay and are ready to wait 3 months more. And it's naturol. Most of us here are die hard fans and it's normal that we want the best experience possible. After all this is the last game. I want to remember it being a legendary one

I don't really care if it gets delyed or not. I just think it isn't very professional and it makes them look like amateurs especially when they themselves confirmed there won't be any more delays.

Top Bottom