The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - An Open Letter

+
Now i have more time to finish the books :) But i started to think that an open world game for the witcher saga might be not an excellent choice.I really liked the Witcher 2,and it had 3 chapters.Maybe they could do the same thing with more chapters in witcher 3.I don't know.I still believe it is going to be great..No more delays please.

... Now we know something is wrong. I mean we did not ask for hair physics, underwater exploration/combat, horse combat. map bigger than ever. Someone seriously overweighted himself.

I know asking for what specifically caused the delay would take us down the tech rabbit hole that only about 3 people on the forum would even begin to understand. However what state would the game be in if you guys stuck to the February release window? Would it have been playable, but with reduced graphics, performance, etc. Would it have been missing actual chunks of content like what happened with Witcher 2.? Or would it have been just incomplete, and not workable at all? Basically what I am asking is what the current state of the game is in compared to your original vision for it.
This have been stated in many interviews before, the game content is "finished", what they are doing now is polishing and fixing bugs.

I was hoping to start playing it at the release date, having prepurchased it, but if this is needed to make the game better I have no issues with that at all and gratz to CD Projekt Red for not cashing in on an unfinished game:hatsoff:

I can not say more than I have said on facebook, so ...

Do not worry!!! >_<
Instead, you should be proud. I bow to you (シ_ _)シ
The other companies should learn the lesson from you...
For things like this, you're my favourite company. Love you guys!!! Never change <3

So, the "So, no more delays." in this article means what exactly:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...red-promises-no-more-delays-for-the-witcher-3

Oh, and another great quote from the same article:

"This is not our first game; we are not newbies."

You better not delay the PC version due to problems with the console versions. A not so happy fan...

It means that in 6 months things happen and they decided they needed a bit more time. Unexpected/unplanned things can and do occur. This is also the last game with Geralt; maybe they have stuff that is good or very good, but they want to make those things great. Who knows and doesn't really matter in the end, it's their call and we will survive 3 months more and the game will be better for it.

How they are not humble ? They are apologizing to everyone publicly(even though I don't think its necessary to apologize for that).What more should they do ?
I don't mean this open letter. I meant their usual statements along the lines "We are experienced developers. We know our stuff." while envisioning a bigger and much better game than e.g. Skyrim. I don't know, it's more about their typical self-display of being the best devs in the industry in the past view years...

Simple: don't make any mouthy promises if you can't stick to them.

Horse S**t. That's very very very disappointing CDPR. Why tell us this now? 10 weeks before release? Don't be like the other developers! Please.....

Last edited:
Should have just built the game for PC first, then after the release of the PC version , then they start working on the downgrade to the peasant console like they did with Witcher 2.

They are not that's why they postpone it. If they were you would have it in time but unfinished...

If CDPR was to concentrate on the PC Version like they did on The Witcher 1 and 2 this wouldn't have happened. Thanks to consoles we're always pushed back. Look at GTA V PS4 and XB One version is out but we have to wait until January to get it on the PC... This is not a good route for game developers. Concentrate on your main audience please CDPR. Words cannot express how disappointed I am... Personally..

Nobody who claims that the game might have been (better, more complete, on schedule) if they had ignored the consoles has any facts to back up such claims. Since they are made in the absence of facts and made for the purpose of disparaging consoles and their users, the moderators may declare them an attempt to instigate a platform war and remove them.

If CDPR was to concentrate on the PC Version like they did on The Witcher 1 and 2 this wouldn't have happened. Thanks to consoles we're always pushed back. Look at GTA V PS4 and XB One version is out but we have to wait until January to get it on the PC... This is not a good route for game developers. Concentrate on your main audience please CDPR. Words cannot express how disappointed I am... Personally..
Rockstar delayed the PC version because they said

“We’re glad to see so many of you are excited for the upcoming release of the new versions of GTAV and we look forward to sharing more details with you soon. We are also incredibly excited to be bringing GTAV to the PC, but the game requires a little more development time in order to ensure that it is as amazing and polished as possible. Please do stay tuned as we reveal new features and information about all the new versions in the weeks ahead.”

Which is a great thing. Maybe it won't run like shit like GTA 4 did. CDPR is delaying the game to make it more polished, and I can't blame them. They got voted "The most anticipated game of 2015" and they want to live up to that.

Top Bottom