Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember if it was IGN or PC Gamer, one of those played it and said the same thing, amazed by the game and only the bugs opaqued it a bit.

Delay is a response maybe from CDPR saying "we will make this right".

yeah at this point i sure hope so. this is damn frustrating, not having a certain answer...also i hope they revert the wild hunt king design...the new outfit is the worst thing i ever seen in my life, it seems something you could find in indiana jones second movie,can't remember the name. the first concept was SO awesome...why in the all hell changing it?...i hope a mod is released day one,if they dont give you the option to change it back

no YOU look at what they idd with watchdogs a game in witch a modder found DISABLED files and filters mere days after the release, after they said the game was not downgraded ( and yet look nothing like the trailers) or Assassin creed unity,wich looks like utter shit on both consoles and PC and yet has the systems requirments of a space program simulation, or Dragon age inqusition wich somehow runs super fine on consoles mounting mid tier 3 years old hardware and yet to be played at a slighly better setting on pc require SIL 980 USING 98% OF GPU POWERE EACH!, or what about dark souls II huh? let's talk about that a game they completly DESTROYED cohpping out the whole lighting system just to make it ru on those shitty pieces of trash and than 9 months after that BAM direct X11 versiobn pops out like magic...yeah the so called,nex gen version ( wich by the way is still NOWERE near the e3 trailer) a version for witch you have to,gues what PAY FULL PRICE AGAIN. if you happen to be so stupid to posses the orginal chopped version. so YEAH console ARE the bane of existense are killing this industry and the dev who advertize theyr products like those companies responsable for the games i listed did only to release them HEAVILY downgrade afterwards like they did should be putted on death row!

Men, i really respect everything you said, but i think you need to calm down just a little bit. It's only videogame.

Men, i really respect everything you said, but i think you need to calm down just a little bit. It's only videogame.

NO IT'S NOT!!! can't you see it!! THAT'S HOW THE WILL ROB YOU BLIND!!!!

it's only a videogame, you should chill out

it's only a videogame more improtant things in life

it's only a videogame what does it matter?

no no no no NO!

if no one start to be pissed off for good about this it will NEVER END! and we will have to face the consequances of our tollerance, in fact we are ALREADY doing it this moment!
this has to stop right now! we are not sheeps they can simple milk and feed wastes too like we are blind everytime ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

NO IT'S NOT!!! can't you see it!! THAT'S HOW THE WILL ROB YOU BLIND!!!!

it's only a videogame, you should chill out

it's only a videogame more improtant things in life

it's only a videogame what does it matter?

no no no no NO!

if no one start to be pissed off for good about this it will NEVER END! and we will have to face the consequances of our tollerance, in fact we are ALREADY doing it this moment!
this has to stop right now! we are not sheeps they can simple milk and feed wastes too like we are blind everytime ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

Look man I respect alot of what you are saying but I think you need to calm down with your typing because there are alot of typos in your posts.

Look man I respect alot of what you are saying but I think you need to calm down with your typing because there are alot of typos in your posts.

i know, i'mreally mad and my nerves are completly wreked and i'm popping a vein in my brain

CDPR could very well be losing respect from many waiting fans. Making the game for 3 platforms was a huge mistake IMHO. It should have been for PC only. After all the PC bugs got fleshed out after released then they could port it over to console.

Why is it a huge mistake? Each platform has different hardware specs, different operating systems, different I/Os . This fact makes it hard to create textures, and working code for each platform. This means way longer development time. I think the true PC fans would rather have their PC game now rather than having to see Witcher 3 be downgraded, or delayed for unknown reasons(to the public).

I was listening to the Mega64 Podcast and apparently the game awards wanted them to have a video shot and done in 6 hours. I wonder if the dead line was so extreme for CDPR. Mega64 never did it because of how short the notice was.

:huh:

CDPR could very well be losing respect from many waiting fans. Making the game for 3 platforms was a huge mistake IMHO. It should have been for PC only. After all the PC bugs got fleshed out after released then they could port it over to console.

Why is it a huge mistake? Each platform has different hardware specs, different operating systems, different I/Os . This fact makes it hard to create textures, and working code for each platform. This means way longer development time. I think the true PC fans would rather have their PC game now rather than having to see Witcher 3 be downgraded, or delayed for unknown reasons(to the public).

i agrre. only if waiting more is the price to pay to still not having the short end of the stick like we are always doing lately i will abide. but i will NOT tolerate yet ANOTHER downgrade. NO. i will not . dark souls II has been the last time. if they pull this move to i quit goddmait i goddamn quit gaming till i die i swere!

You both see things that aren't graphic quality downgrade, even you don't know what you are seeing.

For example, the "no mesh and plain textures" in the geralt's chainmail , who ever said that the chainmail was 3d designed? it was always been a texture, you see the texture expanding as the mesh change when Geralt rise his arm, you will only see that in those situations, but overall the quality of the armor is impressive, the texture in fact is top quality.

The last trailer, in 360p and taking shots of the worst parts of the game including the texture bug on the frost effect, isn't a proof of downgrade, downgrading means less detail in many parts or all parts of the game, not one , two or three. Those defects aren't real, you can find some others in the 35 minutes gameplay and that didn't make it look bad.

I know very well what I am looking at and I know what I am talking about, a chain-mail like item cannot have physical geometry because that will require thousands or millions of polygons so when I say chain mail or mesh detail I mean the bump detail applied on it. You know bump ? it's the normal map and it looks flattened in new trailer, bump maps loose detail when their size is reduced, his face scar is also suffering from same problem. I am a modder myself so please don't pretend that I know nothing.

Also this is the second time when people (not only me) felt a downgrade, first those 3 screenshots and now this trailer so there is no proof either that it still has same quality.

a friend of mine acquired a version of the demo theyu showed at e3 and it said that it looked terrible but it was almost all becouse of stability issues and bugs ruining everything and not the overal quality itself, so what you are saying could be true.....let's hope it is

Your friend got his hands on playable demo and actually played it? I find that very hard to believe, since CDPR never did hands-on demos for Witcher 3.

i mean PLAYABLE demo. he has the PALYABLE 35 minute demo

i have the video too and it looks good, but being able to play it it's another pair of sleeves

If your friend had a demo, it would leak everywhere. You are lying.
Especially, because I remember all people that watched the E3 demo, said it looked amazing.

Besides, it's not very wise to say on official forums, that your friend has something illegal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRh-dzrI4Z4

and this is as far as i will go to answer you, but trust me. he has the demo.

So he pirated it... from where? :D Or did he steal it from some convention CDPR attended? And he was so good that he didnt put it on internet for everyone to see and play? Thats very nice of him :) You dont have to answer me, I will just choose not to believe you because I find this fairly ridiculous.

If your friend had a demo, it would leak everywhere. You are lying.
Especially, because I remember all people that watched the E3 demo, said it looked amazing.

Besides, it's not very wise to say on official forums, that your friend has something illegal.

first i'm not lying belive what you wan't i have 0 insterest in lying about this.

second he said in fact it looked really good but very fdull of many bugs and pèroblems that ruined everything, i told him i didn't wan't to know more, becouse i don't wan't spoilers and that the glitches could very well be due to the neture of the meanss he used to acquire the thing. ...but judging from those recent news i start to have doubts

and third i'm not responsible for hes actiobs, i'm not hes parents he has free will and can do all he sees fit

---------- Updated at 12:14 AM ----------

So he pirated it... from where? :D Or did he steal it from some convention CDPR attended? And he was so good that he didnt put it on internet for everyone to see and play? Thats very nice of him :) You dont have to answer me, I will just choose not to believe you because I find this fairly ridiculous.

i don't know

i don't care

and do whatever you wan't i have no obejctiobne whatoever to convince you or anyone here otherwise, what tha hell do i care?

i give you an information he told me and i start to belive, befoure i didn't now i start to have doubts, think what you wan't i don't care

The question is why would they make a trailer on low PC setting ? this better be console version or earlier build otherwise it will be very disappointing, after all this hype and "We're creating the most beautiful looking RPG" claims if they give us a downgraded game then I'll loose trust on CDPR, they promised that they will take full advantage of every platform and their earlier trailers looked like taking full advantage of PC but not this one.

A quick comparison

Geralt (The Witcher 2)

Geralt (The Witcher 3 - Earlier Trailers/Gameplay)

Geralt (The Witcher 3 - New Trailer)

I say even TW2's Geralt looks much better than this, now if you say that it's looking bad because it's terribly compressed and so on then here is a compressed screenshot from earlier trailers

It's clear that even in a compressed screenshot from earlier trailers, his face looks quite detailed compared to this trailer, the scar, the facial hairs and the quality of chain mail are easy to notice.

Dawg... are you fucking serious? You can't possibly believe his face looks better in TW2 than in the Elder Blood trailer. In fact, I'd say his face is one of the few things that still look really good in that trailer. Still looks just as good as in the other shots, just different lighting. Don't be ridiculous.

Last edited:
first i'm not lying belive what you wan't i have 0 insterest in lying about this.

second he said in fact it looked really good but very fdull of many bugs and pèroblems that ruined everything, i told him i didn't wan't to know more, becouse i don't wan't spoilers and that the glitches could very well be due to the neture of the meanss he used to acquire the thing. ...but judging from those recent news i start to have doubts

and third i'm not responsible for hes actiobs, i'm not hes parents he has free will and can do all he sees fit

---------- Updated at 12:14 AM ----------

i don't know

i don't care

and do whatever you wan't i have no obejctiobne whatoever to convince you or anyone here otherwise, what tha hell do i care?

i give you an information he told me and i start to belive, befoure i didn't now i start to have doubts, think what you wan't i don't care

You have no proof, your friend has no proof. No credibility.

Also,
>bugs in an early alpha game
Totally new.

PS. Check your spelling, it is literally unreadable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom