Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
I would love to use the rogues more.... Sera's a hoot. But the rogues SUUUUCCCCKKKK. God they suck. Iron Bull's got good dialogue himself, and I'm going to find a way to make him stop sucking.... but as of now, yea, he gets dropped really quickly as well.

I'll probably get him some fade touched obsidian, that should do the trick.
It's kinda stupid that characters without barrier or guard are almost unplayable (at least as followers, as main character stealth do the job). I can resuply them in camp, but with constant respawn it's annoying, and during longer fights they die quickly. I made armors with fade touched obsidian for my entire team, but it made them slightly overpowered. With main knight enchanter and such team I was able to kill equal dragons without any preparation on hard difficulty... and it became boring.
I started new game on nightmare difficulty, and I have to say that it made fights a little more "interesting" :D

It's kinda stupid that characters without barrier or guard are almost unplayable (at least as followers, as main character stealth do the job). I can resuply them in camp, but with constant respawn it's annoying, and during longer fights they die quickly. I made armors with fade touched obsidian for my entire team, but it made them slightly overpowered. With main knight enchanter and such team I was able to kill equal dragons without any preparation on hard difficulty... and it became boring.
I started new game on nightmare difficulty, and I have to say that it made fights a little more "interesting" :D

Can I ask what level you were when you were able to kill dragons?

And also, as a mage I just cast barrier on my rogues to keep them safe, and get my second mage to cast barrier on myself and them.

Can I ask what level you were when you were able to kill dragons?

And also, as a mage I just cast barrier on my rogues to keep them safe, and get my second mage to cast barrier on myself and them.
I think I was around 13 lvl when I killed dragon in crestwood (he has spirit vulnerability, so it was rather quick with enchanted blade), 14 lvl in exalted plains, 15 or 16 lvl in western approach.
As for casting barriers in tactical mode, sometimes I do that, but I am to lazy to micromanaging every fight :)

I think I was around 13 lvl when I killed dragon in crestwood (he has spirit vulnerability, so it was rather quick with enchanted blade), 14 lvl in exalted plains, 15 or 16 lvl in western approach.
As for casting barriers in tactical mode, sometimes I do that, but I am to lazy to micromanaging every fight :)

Okay cool, thank you!
I am currently at level 12 and every time I see a Dragon I panic and run away because before now i've tried to kill them and they fried me. But my mage has just learnt how to be a Knight Enchanter so I guess once I get to level 13+ I can start levelling up my Knight Enchanter abilities and see how I do.

Okay cool, thank you!
I am currently at level 12 and every time I see a Dragon I panic and run away because before now i've tried to kill them and they fried me. But my mage has just learnt how to be a Knight Enchanter so I guess once I get to level 13+ I can start levelling up my Knight Enchanter abilities and see how I do.
I think the most important is this passive ability regenerating barrier with 30% of your damage, and with dragon always keep some dispels, it can save someone burning, or affected by other DOT

Last edited:
I kill mine at around level 11 or 12, but it has more to do with your equipment and character selection to me, than anything else.

oh also, when i went to the storm coast last time, the dragon killed the giant and then flew away.... will it come back or is it gone for good now?

To me it looks like Varric's internal monologue is something like

"I think Unkindled stepped in something.... is that dirt? No... darkspawn remains? No.... Dragon entrails? Maybe... "

Dragon entrails more likely since I tear through dragon guts like a man with two hundred bucks and chick fil a coupons in a whorehouse.

I set it to nightmare recently after walking through enemies in the exalted plains, compared to my first playthrough where I didn't yet have champion spec'd out and that last place past the bridge was actually challenging. It's just not hard after knowing where all the goodies are. I didn't give anyone but myself and bull fade touched obsidian, and it does help even here, but he still kinda sucks.

Also, I want my dragon fights to remain epic even when wearing the best gear. Luckily this last difficulty is more satisfying, though not quite where I want it to be.

Maybe before the Witcher 3 comes out I will try and beat DA:I on Nightmare. I'm sure the jump from casual to nightmare will be fun.

lol you guys... i'm playing on casual :(
does the AI get smarter on harder levels or do they just get health boosts?

I'm playing on Normal, hey, as long as you have fun! (which, alas, is still rather variable in my case with this game)

I'm playing on my big TV and surround, not really in the mood to micromanage. From what I've seen of 'going tactical', it's rather finicky and not very user-friendly on PC anyway. You're forced to micromanage at higher levels and with friendly fire`on because the party member AI is about nematode-level :(
Enemy AI doesn't appear to be very sophisticated either.

I'm playing on Normal, hey, as long as you have fun! (which, alas, is still rather variable in my case with this game)

I'm playing on my big TV and surround, not really in the mood to micromanage. From what I've seen of 'going tactical', it's rather finicky and not very user-friendly on PC anyway. You're forced to micromanage at higher levels and with friendly fire`on because the party member AI is about nematode-level :(
Enemy AI doesn't appear to be very sophisticated either.

Yeah I tried using the tactical camera a few times but it was awkward and I couldn't tell which companion I was telling to do what, and for some reason i couldn't get the camera to jump to a different companion unless I found them on the map myself, which was annoying.

I need tactical camera for nightmare at the moment, which is exactly what I wanted. Happy is me. It'll probably change again as I level up, but currently at level 16, I'm in a comfortable spot where I can get dropped if I get too complacent, and I actually have to watch my guard level.

Tactical camera in its current state is pretty much unusable without a controller.

---------- Updated at 10:57 AM ----------

Also, I'm never putting friendly fire on. Not for this game. Talk about adding unnecessary tediums.

I guess "need" tactical camera's a bit of a hyperbole for nightmare. It's useful. I'm sure that if I used the actual best armor available to me with the best materials, instead of just the one that I like with the best materials... best materials that doesn't make the armor look ugly, that is... then it'd be easier.

Style before protection. Said no soldier that ever lived. Lived being the key word, lol.

As for hard, yea you rarely need to use it, though I still did since I liked it. When you know how guard and such works, you really don't need tac in the beginning. Or at all.

Top Bottom