The General Videogame Thread

+
Here's a question for you: If you had to choose between fun and tactical depth what would it be?

Why would you think there's a trade-off between fun and tactical depth?

The statement clearly was meant to be "it's a good/enjoyable game, but if it had more tactical depth it would have been even better", not "It's an enjoyable game, but I wish it was less so and had more tactical depth instead".

i did not watch the Playstation event but i read about it afterwards and this gif is fucking brilliant

Square you might as well just outright said "You want FF VII Remake? well fuck you hahahahahahahaha "

i did not watch the Playstation event but i read about it afterwards and this gif is fucking brilliant

Square you might as well just outright said "You want FF VII Remake? well fuck you hahahahahahahaha "

Square-Enix really don't have a clue, do they?

I was about to post this haha! I watched the entire event and, dear Melitele, I laughed so loud at this master trolling while my bf, after a moment of over 9000 hype, was terribly disappointed because if you listen to the guy it's like he's going to announce a true remake...but the truth is even more painful... They pretended it was like a real PS4 exclusive for...what? For the exact same game (PC version)! And SE also had the courage to introduce it on the stage!

Just hey... just listen... dammit... :rofl:

Here's a question for you: If you had to choose between fun and tactical depth what would it be?

Like others said, both.

But for some of us, tactical thinking is fun and so we don't always choose just one, whereas kick on the door alien blasting is entertaining but could also be so much more.

Aaden correctly read my post. The new XCOM was fun, but could have been better. The point being it's not very different from other modern games. There is so much shit coming out though, that it appears to be specially good.

Can someone tell me why developers think Chromatic Aberration looks good? Are they not aware that in photography it's a sign of a low quality lens? This is a game revealed tonight and holy shit.

it's all part of their desperate attempt to be "filmic" as they believe the more a game resembles a film, the more artistic and engrossing it is. same with the 30 fps thing.

i mean the whole concept behind that game is "gravity: the videogame"

Don't have a PS4 but watched this video on PT. It's really interesting what Kojima and his team did and how they made players figure out the real way to get the ending.

Can someone tell me why developers think Chromatic Aberration looks good? Are they not aware that in photography it's a sign of a low quality lens? This is a game revealed tonight and holy shit.

It's probably used to imply malfunctions within his suit.

Or his suit was made by Russians who don't bother correcting for chromatic and spherical aberration :D

Last edited:
I'm super excited for this. I loved the King's Quest games growing up and adventure games are so few and far between nowadays. Hopefully it stays fairly true to its roots. I still need to getting around to check out that fan-made sequel, The Silver Lining.

If anyone here is interested in Co-op horror FPS's, the original Killing Floor and all it's DLC are now 75% off on Steam. :2guns:

Guest 3765545

Another genre of games strategy I've played are:Total war:Napoleon,Total war:empire,Total war Shogun 2,Total war Rome 2 that ''game''tw rome 2 was a full garbage absolutely. Warhammer 40 000 Dawn of war 2,Warhammer:40 000 Dawn of war:retribution/Chaos rising.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that it's the Emperor Edition I think Rome 2 is great. But then again, I never thought it to be as bad as many say it is. Better than Empire in its release state - that was a mess.

Speaking of Rome, CA are releasing a new campaign set during the Peloponnesian War. Here's the campaign map for it:

---------- Updated at 12:42 PM ----------

I probably won't be getting it until it drops in price.

Speaking of Rome, CA are releasing a new campaign set during the Peloponnesian War.

---------- Updated at 12:42 PM ----------

I probably won't be getting it until it drops in price.

Another? I thought with the EE out and Attila announced, Rome 2 was finished.

Me neither, never bought a DLC at full price. Not nearly.

Anyone heard anything on Mafia 3 besides probable Louisiana setting? Been waiting for that game for too long and not seeing it at E3 made me worried and by the looks of things it wont release in 2015.

Super excited for the Peloponnesian war DLC, been waiting for over 10 years for it.

Anyone heard anything on Mafia 3 besides probable Louisiana setting? Been waiting for that game for too long and not seeing it at E3 made me worried and by the looks of things it wont release in 2015.

I heard a while ago there were problems with development :/ I really hope it works out.

Coincidentally im replaying Mafia 2 now and its so damn good.Its one of those games that Everyone should play.

Top Bottom