Are we ever going to see a PS4 footage of the game?

+
Are we ever going to see a PS4 footage of the game?

Hello everyone, I'm new here as you can see. Always appreciated the very loyal and understanding CDPR fan base. It's lovely to see how supportive and enthusiastic the fans are. Possibly the best fan base, hands down. It did come out as quite a put-down seeing people rage about the latest trailer and the "possible" visual downgrade though :D
Anyway back to the topic...

The XBone footage looked quite good imo, smoothly v-synced and tear-free. The FPS dropped down to as low as 18 during combats but I'm thinking it'll be locked at 30 come release.

My PC is rather aged and I don't think it'll be ideal to get the game for it so I'm thinking of buying it on my PS4 but there is not a single footage online QQ

I'm dying to see how the game looks on PS4. Does CDPR have any plans to show the PS4 generation what they have in store?

So far all we've got is a bunch of screenshots from Famitsu, which may or may not be the PS4 build of the game. Personally I'm skeptical they are PS4 shots, just because they look much too clean (Even if it does have a strange blur in some spots the AA still feels too strong/clean for a PS4 version) and the quality in those shots dwarfs just about every PC footage we've seen of the game, bar SoD/VGX.
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...tion-Part-II?p=1456980&viewfull=1#post1456980

Without a doubt CDPR WILL show some PS4 Gameplay eventually, however with the delay and the game now being 5 months away, you're probably unlikely to see that PS4 footage for another few months much closer to launch. As annoying as it might be, you're just going to have to be patient and wait till CDPR are ready to show it. If you're worried, then just keep your money close to your chest until you've seen some official footage and know what to expect from the PS4 version.

Last edited:
I typed in PS4 Witcher gameplay on Youtube and there was roughly 28 minutes play through on the PS4.

I typed in PS4 Witcher gameplay on Youtube and there was roughly 28 minutes play through on the PS4.
Not an actual PS4 footage. The title says it is but it's actually being played on an XBone.

---------- Updated at 06:28 PM ----------

So far all we've got is a bunch of screenshots from Famitsu, which may or may not be the PS4 build of the game. Personally I'm skeptical they are PS4 shots, just because they look much too clean (Even if it does have a strange blur in some spots the AA still feels too strong/clean for a PS4 version) and the quality in those shots dwarfs just about every PC footage we've seen of the game, bar SoD/VGX.
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...tion-Part-II?p=1456980&viewfull=1#post1456980

Without a doubt CDPR WILL show some PS4 Gameplay eventually, however with the delay and the game now being 5 months away, you're probably unlikely to see that PS4 footage for another few months much closer to launch. As annoying as it might be, you're just going to have to be patient and wait till CDPR are ready to show it. If you're worried, then just keep your money close to your chest until you've seen some official footage and know what to expect from the PS4 version.

There is a very high chance that those are actual PS4 screenshots as they don't normally show XBone or PC footages in Japan. I might be wrong but I'd like to assume those are PS4 shots, they look gorgeous.

Not an actual PS4 footage. The title says it is but it's actually being played on an XBone.

---------- Updated at 06:28 PM ----------

There is a very high chance that those are actual PS4 screenshots as they don't normally show XBone or PC footages in Japan. I might be wrong but I'd like to assume those are PS4 shots, they look gorgeous.

They look too good to be PS4 screenshots. Maybe if it was running at 15fps.

Considering CDPR has a marketing deal with Microsoft I doubt it they will show PS4 footage until shortly before launch. Just be glad it's not like Diablo 3 where the Xbox360 version wasn't even announced until 3 months before launch :p And no, this post is not an attempt to start a console-war. So Please don't turn it into one.

EDIT: I would expect the PS4 version to look and run about the same as the XboxOne though. Maybe with a slightly higher frame-rate.

If they only show Xbox and PC footage which could happen, then watch the xbox gameplay. Chances are PS4 will be fairly similar. PS4 may be slightly better but that just means you'll be pleasantly surprised when the game looks better than it did in the footage.

PS4 specs are quite high end and comparison with current new games on new gen consoles and PCs there aren't much differences. Yes PC hardwares may be more powerful, but nowadays (even CDPR vow for parity across all platforms) so in my opinion and based on my observations there shouldn't be much differences between platform other than PC you may have options for higher resolution, some AA and extra shadows and that's it. Well there's this fur tech by Nvidia but i can tell you these are just marketing. Even AMD GPU struggle with TresFX on when playing Tomb Raider reboot.

Of course these are just my opinions but seriously you can google for comparisons on latest games on new gen consoles and PC. There isn't much differences. At least from what i see myself. So what i'm saying there shouldn't be much or any differences on the videos you saw and you can expect very much how it will look on latest trailers (If the uproar of PC gamers on dumbed-down version didn't rings a bell).

Last edited:
Call me crazy, but I didn't see much difference between the XBox footage of the griffin hunt, and the PC material.

Call me crazy, but I didn't see much difference between the XBox footage of the griffin hunt, and the PC material.

compare the witcher 2 on pc on ultra and the same on xbox 360 the game is the same , you play the same adventure but when you look on the detail on pc the game is quite more beautifull than xbox on texture ( the leather , the metal ... all this are more beautifull ) but it is the same game so at the end we play it and enjoy it

This has been my impression as well. Maybe the visual parity IS actually taking place. We'll have to see though.

This has been my impression as well. Maybe the visual parity IS actually taking place. We'll have to see though.

Well. As not a minimum knowable person replied such a marvelous innocent talks from whom seems know just about nothing about graphics in games. Most difference from PC version and Consoles aint that visible.

Always massives effects that consoles cant handle and middle-end PCs build (600$) can , such effect as:
Resolution(4k, 1600p, 1440p)
Shadows,
Lightining,
Textures,
loading times(that one is most noticeable),
Smoothness of gameplay(60FPS up to 144FPS)
Mods: Graphics, gameplay, NPC addiotinal, more realist grass effects, new animation, textures....

PC exclusive titles features some other things that consoles cant handle as in RTS & MMO games

Mid

Last edited:
Well. As not a minimum knowable person replied such a marvelous innocent talks from whom seems know just about nothing about graphics in games. Most difference from PC version and Consoles aint that visible.

Always massives effects that consoles cant handle and middle-end PCs build (600$) can , such effect as:
Resolution(4k, 1600p, 1440p)
Shadows,
Lightining,
Textures,
loading times(that one is most noticeable),
Smoothness of gameplay(60FPS up to 144FPS)
Mods: Graphics, gameplay, NPC addiotinal, more realist grass effects, new animation, textures....

PC exclusive titles features some other things that consoles cant handle as in RTS & MMO games
Pretentious much? lol Shakespeare might have rolled in his grave a few inches....
I said it was my impression, never stated that it was actually the truth. I've been a PC gamer for 15 years I know just about enough where PC stands and in these 15 years not a single time I've been so utterly defensive on how PC peaks in graphics and such. You don't need to shout out how powerful PC is compared to consoles nor you need to be offended lol

The PC material is the first VGX trailer, the later is xbox, famitsu seems PS4. In any case, absolutely sure, a fact, PC will have better lighting, better draw distance, better occlusion, better shadow map and nvidia exclusive effects that will work with AMD as they do in Far Cry 4, now using the nvidia hairkworks with an r9 270x and works well 1080p.

So.... PC is very much more capable and will be really better than consoles. PS4 will be something between PC and xbox.

A real PS4 gameplay would be much better than SoD.

If they have not locked down the system requirements yet, then that means the PC version is not optimized and finalized. Running a demo on ultra settings is probably too unstable especially for public showcasing of the game especially since the demos are from an old build.
So I believe the PC version is going to look noticeably different from the consoles in the final version.

Sincerely hope they don't go the Ubisoft way of limiting what they can do with the PC version just because console owners will be upset their version of the game can't look as good. That would be awful and sad. The forced parity tosh is incredibly annoying.

Last edited:
Top Bottom