Character Appearances

+
I think the new design falls short of giving him the aurora of being the King of the Wild Hunt, because it's too simplistic and comparable to the riders' armors.

but isn't he just a commander and not a really a "king" or did he become king in the books?

@Lieste are there any practical armors that look like they came from another world? (I mean I wouldn't want to see every race just wear plate armor with different designs on it) some examples of those would be nice.

What so daft about his armor anyway? aside from the horns and spikes. I don't know much about that sorta thing other than you can pull on his helmet

but isn't he just a commander and not a really a "king" or did he become king in the books?

@Lieste are there any practical armors that look like they came from another world? (I mean I wouldn't want to see every race just wear plate armor with different designs on it) some examples of those would be nice.

What so daft about his armor anyway? aside from the horns and spikes. I don't know much about that sorta thing other than you can pull on his helmet

Eredin is known to the humans as King of the Wild Hunt. Whatever his office in the world of the Aen Elle, he is called King of the Wild Hunt in this world.

The former King of the Aen Elle, Auberon, is dead. Eredin and Avallac'h were and presumably still are the real holders of power anyway.

Armor has to protect against thrusts. A peasant with a farm implement could take down a knight with gaps in his armor.

---------- Updated at 03:21 AM ----------

lmao at that armor :rofl:

That's, if I'm not mistaken, Gustav Vasa's armor. Kings don't come much bigger or more kingly than Gustav Vasa.

n the world of the Aen Elle, he is called King of the Wild Hunt in this world.
Eredin is known to the humans as King of the Wild Hunt. Whatever his office in the world of the Aen Elle, he is called King of the Wild Hunt in this world.

did intend to be called a king? did he intentionally wear that armor to look like one? If he didn't then he doesn't really have to look like a proper king just a spooky general.

He didn't come to Geralt's world to look kingly he came to pursue Ciri, he doesn't need to look kingly to do that.

Yes, Gustav Vasa.

The 'bulk' at the knees and over the torso is to absorb and nullify penetrating or crushing blows, resulting in no (or greatly reduced) injuries. They also provide the best shapes for protection (most impacts will not find purchase and will slide aside) for a seated cavalryman. The same form is suitable for both women and men, and you would not be able to tell based on harness which you were facing.

About Eredin:

- So the old design is uninspired and Sauron-ish (though I disagree with that).

i didnt thought on Sauron.........i thought he looked like Skullknight

Silly armour is not kingly armour:

View attachment 8670

This is ornamental, of high quality and practical (if a little later than our nominal period).
You gotta be kidding me.
Eredin is an Aen Elle elf from another world who leads a horde of ghastly riders known as the wild hunt across the sky, and he used to possess the ability to control space and time.
Do you think a character of such caliber should wear an armor that humans wore in the medieval or something similar to it ?
So you want the KING of the Wild hunt to be wearing a boring and unimaginative armor that regular humans historically wore ?
No way. He should look distinguished from humans. Eredin would wear the most provocative and intimidating armor to show off that he is the ONE and to make his prey believe that "they cannot defy the cold of his and his army's steel".

No, I'm not kidding you. There are very good reasons for the design of top-end armour moving towards this style.

Wearing silly spikey/gappy armour is a very good way of getting dead. Dead is not generally consistent with scary, effective or anything else really.

I disagree. i like the screenshot version much more and I hope she will look that way during the flashback.

He's an evil supernatural inter-dimensional elf with spooky skeleton armor, I would much prefer his design to be intimidating than practical.

Eredin would wear the most provocative and intimidating armor to show off that he is the ONE and to make his prey believe that "they cannot defy the cold of his and his army's steel".

And how do you know this? Eredin is certainly a badass, but not a show-off. I think intimidation and fear should come from his character, not from some ridiculous armor set.

And merely snatching peasants from their beds in the middle of the night.

Heavy cavalry, fire and darkness are intimidating. Doesn't need any extra elements, especially when linked to mythology.

Well, peasants are easy to intimidate...They are already affraid of almost everything and everyone: monsters, soldiers, bandits, non-humans...
Eredin does not need a bucket on his head to instill extra fear in them...Cavalry of spectral riders thatt travel across the sky is terrifying enough ;)
Who else should be scared? Geralt?
I don't think he is easily impressed or intimidated :D

And how do you know this? Eredin is certainly a badass, but not a show-off. I think intimidation and fear should come from his character, not from some ridiculous armor set.

And where are you getting this "he's not a show-off" idea? He and the rest of the Wild Hunt ride skeleton horses and wear rusty skeleton armor. That sounds purposefully intimidating.

And where are you getting this "he's not a show-off" idea?

Because I read the books, it was his personality that made him intimidating, not his look.

He and the rest of the Wild Hunt ride skeleton horses and wear rusty skeleton armor. That sounds purposefully intimidating.

Wild Hunt wear skeleton armors to hide their true nature, to make people think that they are ghosts, things that cant be physically harmed, because if people found out that Wild Hunt is just bunch of marauding elves, it would be their end.

Because I read the books, it was his personality that made him intimidating, not his look.

Wild Hunt wear skeleton armors to hide their true nature, to make people think that they are ghosts, things that cant be physically harmed, because if people found out that Wild Hunt is just bunch of marauding elves, it would be their end.

Making themselves look like ghosts with skeleton armor is intimidating, not just deceitful.

Last edited:
I feel like I should bring this up. We haven't seen Triss in-game since the Sword of Destiny trailer, if memory serves. We have, however, seen several renders of her. While in the Sword of Destiny trailer Triss looks much like her Witcher 2 self, the recent renders we've seen look off. Her nose is really narrow, while her jaw looks really wide and kind of manly.

Sword of Destiny Triss (+ that hidden image in the cosplay guide, looks like a gameplay model to me)
View attachment 8781

Weird render Triss
View attachment 8782

Also of note is the steelbook with Triss on the back, where she resembles the Sword of Destiny version to me.
View attachment 8783

So here's hoping that Triss still looks like the Sword of Destiny version in-game and that the renders are just a fluke.

Attachments

• trissgood.jpg
    trissgood.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 62
  • trissbad.jpg
    trissbad.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 63
  • witcher_3_steelbook_novigrad_version_version_back_by_scratcherpen-d87i98w.jpg
    witcher_3_steelbook_novigrad_version_version_back_by_scratcherpen-d87i98w.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
I feel like I should bring this up. We haven't seen Triss in-game since the Sword of Destiny trailer, if memory serves. We have, however, seen several renders of her. While in the Sword of Destiny trailer Triss looks much like her Witcher 2 self, the recent renders we've seen look off. Her nose is really narrow, while her jaw looks really wide and kind of manly.

Sword of Destiny Triss (+ that hidden image in the cosplay guide, looks like a gameplay model to me)
View attachment 8781

Weird render Triss
View attachment 8782

Also of note is the steelbook with Triss on the back, where she resembles the Sword of Destiny version to me.
View attachment 8783

So here's hoping that Triss still looks like the Sword of Destiny version in-game and that the renders are just a fluke.

I feel your pain and concern.
My favourite model so far has been the SOD one but its been quite confusing with her different models and not seeing her in any of the trailers since then also a bit dissapointing.

Hoping her in game model is the same as the SOD one.

Top Bottom