2nd PLAYABLE character confirmed as Ciri

+

2nd PLAYABLE character confirmed as Ciri

• Total voters
I'm just saying that Ciri is not a normal human. Overpowered character? I cannot see why but, well, I find she was the perfect contrast to Geralt's character. Both of them are not human and both of them have incredible skills, one by natural heritage, the other by external effects (see Witcher rituals)

I'm just saying that Ciri is not a normal human. Overpowered character? I cannot see why but, well, I find she was the perfect contrast to Geralt's character. Both of them are not human and both of them have incredible skills, one by natural heritage, the other by external effects (see Witcher rituals)

She is a normal human when it comes to physical limitations during combat. As I said, her lineage grants her bonuses in other areas. She has received witcher training, but has not undergone mutations, meaning that, again, she is physically no stronger/faster than a well-trained human could be in combat. Witchers, being super-human, are, by definition, simply faster than that.

You're arguing a completely different point here, one that I am not against - Ciri being a special, powerful character in general and not just a mere human.

Last edited:
They could use her time/space magic as a viable reason for Ciri being faster. At any rate, it's important she feels different than Geralt gameplay wise.

I'm divided on this. Having her interrupt our story progress with Geralt could be frustrating, especially in replays. 10 quests, if we look at your average quest in previous games, is a lot of game time. We're looking at hours here. Also, will she have access to the open world in any way? That seems unlikely since it will have been designed to react to Geralt ( NPC's mainly), This means sectioned off areas designed just for her parts, and how interactive will those sections be?. On the other hand, I did want to play as Ciri, I just wonder if it wouldn't have been better to play as her in one uninterrupted section, preferably after the game is done.

Last edited:
They could use her time/space magic as a viable reason for Ciri being faster. At any rate, it's important she feels different than Geralt gameplay wise.

Yes, I agree that she should feel different than Geralt. And yes, they could make up new powers to allow her to be even more OP and slow down time so she can be faster, but, right now, there is no reason provided other than she's just faster than him.

And this is where I'd like to stress again that it's not a big deal, just something that I noticed and didn't quite make logical sense to me. If anything, she should be slower than him, using 'blink,' as described in other articles, to gain advantage in combat.

Last off topic

I've never said she is faster than Geralt. And we don't know how Old Blood affects her body exactly, but she is nor a normal human neither has a normal human body (NDA)

Never said you did, but nobody claimed she's just a normal human in general either, just that, in terms of physical limitations when it comes to strength and speed, she is no better than a human could be. She does not possess the speed and strength of a witcher. You're just arguing something nobody ever brought up or disagreed with.

Last edited:
Last off topic

I've never said she is faster than Geralt. And we don't know how Old Blood affects her body exactly, but she is nor a normal human neither has a normal human body (NDA)

Of course @ReptilePZ is right. I call bullshit on she being faster than Geralt. Her body IS a normal human one. Witchers's bodies aren't. Her supernatural abilities don't concern physical attributes such as speed, and that's not something open to opinions, it's lore.

Last edited:
With permission of Aedd:

The gray-haired girl who had struck him a moment ago was fast and incredibly agile, like a cat who was protecting her kittens. But the white-haired monster who jumped upon the Scoia’tael was like a Zerrikanian tiger. The gray-haired girl from Cintra, who, for unknown reason, had not killed him, had seemed to be crazy. The white-haired monster was not crazy. He was calm and cold. And calmly and coldly killed.

(Excerpt from "Times of Contempt")

No, she is not Geralt but Spakowski make her awsome overhuman skilled girl... and she was not a woman yet. Obviously she neve get Geralt strenght but about agility... mmmm let me doubt it.

Foxtrot were is writen in books that Ciri's abilities don't affect her body physically? Spakowski portrait her as faster and stronger than the best fighters. When she fight Bonhart he had decades of fight experience ("older but wiser" ), Ciri doesn't.

Last edited:
However maybe that line was referring to the combat style, if I remember correctly Ciri is less calm than Geralt and she almost looks like a mad cat while fighting.

With permission of Aedd:

No, she is not Geralt but Spakowski make her awsome overhuman skilled girl... and she was not a woman yet. Obviously she neve get Geralt strenght but about agility... mmmm let me doubt it.

Foxtrot were is writen in books that Ciri's abilities don't affect her body physically? Spakowski portrait her as faster and stronger than the best fighters. When she fight Bonhart he had decades of fight experience ("older but wiser" ), Ciri doesn't.

However maybe that line was referring to the combat style, if I remember correctly Ciri is less calm than Geralt and she almost looks like a mad cat while fighting.

Yes, she fights in an unusual way for humans because she's been trained by witchers, something Leo Bonhart mentions in the books, but it is very clearly stated, both in the games and the books, that, unless you undergo mutations, training and special herbs can only get you so far. She is a very skilled swordfighter by human standards, but does not come close to a real witcher. They are superhumans due to their mutations - something Ciri did not undergo. This means that it is physically impossible for her to be faster than Geralt, as she uses the same techniques, yet does not possess his witcher speed/strength.

The scene wichat quoted describes Ciri as sloppier than Geralt, not faster.

Last edited:
I think that making Ciri faster than Geralt has nothing to do with lore, books, mutagens or elder blood...
Maybe CDPR just wants to make her fighting techniques slightly different than Geralt's...And maybe that is good, from strictly gameplay perspective-new and fresh experience...

I think that making Ciri faster than Geralt has nothing to do with lore, books, mutagens or elder blood...
Maybe CDPR just wants to make her fighting techniques slightly different than Geralt's...And maybe that is good, from strictly gameplay perspective-new and fresh experience...

I think so, too. I just don't quite understand why they ddin't go the other way - make her slower, force the player to rely on her other special abilities to make up for the fact that she lacks mutations. Either way, it's nothing major, doesn't really bother me and it's very likely that it's now too late for such changes anyway.

Last edited:
Im on the side of Ciri not being faster than Geralt in combat.

However, it is totally possible that given her incredible powers she might've found a way to alter her combat proficiency and be faster than a human or a witcher, but thats an explanation CDPR has yet to make if its like that, so as for currently known official lore, I understand Ciri should be like, the best sword fighter of the northern kingdoms, but not physically superior to Geralt or other witchers, maybe to Vesemir cause he's old though, but even thats a stretch.

Each one has in his imagination a different Ciri, or Geralt or Yennefer, everyone gives each character, small features extracted by the information that each interprets in reading novels.

In the same way that Ciri of CDPR can love some, boring others or be a piece of a game.

BTW can a time traveler move faster than normal mortal? Or Eisntein would say this conception is hilarious? Which will be the own skills of Ciri? How her power will be?

Each one has in his imagination a different Ciri, or Geralt or Yennefer, everyone gives each character, small features extracted by the information that each interprets in reading novels.

In the same way that Ciri of CDPR can love some, boring others or be a piece of a game.

BTW can a time traveler move faster than normal mortal? Or Eisntein would say this conception is hilarious? Which will be the own skills of Ciri? How her power will be?

It's plausible logic to be made for the sake of gameplay, yes. We often have to remind ourselves the games will occasionally depart from book lore. My only concern is that some of Geralt's animations already border on looking too fast to the point it feels arcade-y. I want them to make her moves convincing and not hyper spastic fast.

No question can be answered until we play the game. But all we have seen about Ciri is in trailers, no in game, haven't we?

Good question...
I mean, do we really know where Ciri have been since last time we seen her?
What she managed to learn or train? What are her abilities and skills now?

Last we knew, Ciri was chilling with Galahad. Galahad was no slouch with a sword himself, and a terror against massed enemies. Maybe she picked up some tips from him, or maybe more importantly, a constancy of purpose that she lacked in her earlier years.

Last we knew, Ciri was chilling with Galahad. Galahad was no slouch with a sword himself, and a terror against massed enemies. Maybe she picked up some tips from him, or maybe more importantly, a constancy of purpose that she lacked in her earlier years.

I like this idea

Exactly...Since she is not constrained by time and space, a knowledge from different eras was available to her...
Plus, she is older, more mature...And wiser, perhaps :)

Top Bottom