2nd PLAYABLE character confirmed as Ciri

+

2nd PLAYABLE character confirmed as Ciri

• Total voters
In that case I hope she has picked up some sword moves from Aragorn and... uhh... Aslan or someone.
Meh...Aragorn is overrated...:D
But if she visited a few previous generations of witchers in Kaer Morhen...Now, that is swordsmanship :fish:

Meh...Aragorn is overrated...:D
But if she visited a few previous generations of witchers in Kaer Morhen...Now, that is swordsmanship :fish:
I wasn't implying Aragon is a superlative swordsman in the broad realm of fantasy. I was joking that Ciri could travel to other fantasy universes to learn her skills (since she was obviously hanging out with Galahad, one of King Arthur's knights.) This might've been more obvious if you realized that Aslan can't even hold swords because he is a lion: :lol:

EDIT: btw, Aragorn isn't over-rated unless you mean as an action-hero. But there is a lot more to his character than the bad-ass side they focused on in the movies.

Last edited:
So i was wondering. Will we be able to put different armors on Ciri? Will we be able to change her equipment?

I wasn't implying Aragon is a superlative swordsman in the broader realm of fantasy. I was simply joking that Ciri could travel to other fantasy realms to learn her skills (since she was hanging out with Galahad, one of King Arthur's knights.) This might've been more obvious if you realized that Aslan can't even hold swords because he is a lion: :lol:
Yes, I know what was your intention...;)
I just needed a reason to mention Kaer Morhen and their superior swordplay school :ball:

Edit: Completely agreed about Aragorn...

Last edited:
Ciri is also a few hundred years younger than Geralt. Of course she will be faster...

It's mentioned in the books ( I think Blood of elves) that Witchers get slower as they age, and as a result die from being too slow. Cause ya know..... that's actually what happened.

- Ciri, when compared to Geralt, is faster (how, when he's a mutant with super-human reflexes, is beyond me but w/e) and uses only one sword, has some special abilites that have not yet been revealed
book is so explicit about Ciri never being able to be faster than a witcher that it is sad to see they will make Ciri faster, but i guess they had to chnage something so she plays differently

Last edited:
I'm divided on this. Having her interrupt our story progress with Geralt could be frustrating, especially in replays.

Picking up on this - it's also my biggest concern. The fact that it's there for the narrative gives the impression that the segments will be fairly linear. I'm worried that even if it's interesting the first time, by the third time I'll be begging for a mod that lets you hit ESC and jump past it.

book is so explicit about Ciri never being able to be faster than a witcher that it is sad to see they will make Ciri faster, but i guess they had to chnage something so she plays differently

The games are non cannon, but even despite that, The game happens quite a while after the novels end. Who's to say she doesn't end up completing the witcher "transformation"....either way it's the developers own take on The witcher universe, and they can tweak things at their discretion. Nothing sad about that ;)

The games are non cannon, but even despite that, The game happens quite a while after the novels end. Who's to say she doesn't end up completing the witcher "transformation"....either way it's the developers own take on The witcher universe, and they can tweak things at their discretion. Nothing sad about that ;)

While you can retcon or tweak most anything (and many game developers do), Ciri not being a fully transformed Witcher is a very big deal in this universe. Transformed Witchers are sterile. It's even given prominent mention in the first game. But Ciri's fertility is the MacGuffin. It has Prophecy Armor. If her baby making apparatus is farpotshket, every reason Ciri is important becomes as impotent as old Auberon.

This one's not just "no", it's a no-brainer.

Even if Ciri has completed the mutations which is very unlikely, she would never be as fast as Geralt.
Geralt is not a regular Witcher and his mutations go beyond that of regular Witcher. He has gone through further mutations, which has given him white hair and has made him stronger and faster than other Witchers. Plus he has been swinging swords for almost a century or even more (disclaimer: my estimation), which is certainly much longer than Ciri has. So he should be the faster and more skilled of the two as far as sword fighting goes, since he does not age like regular humans do.
Some are going to say that Ciri killed Bonhart, but may I remind you that Yennefer told Bonhart that him fighting Geralt would be like a kitten fighting a wolf.
Just to paint the picture:

I'm interested to see what they've done with the dimension/time traveling thing. There are so many cool things they could do with it like they could explore some of the lore that Sapkowski didn't go into in detail, such as how/why humans came to the world or explore a characters past to give us a better understanding of why their the way they are. You couple that with the fact that Ciri will have a different take on things then they really can show us something from a different perspective.

Seems like Ciri's still going to be OP as fuck but she's matured and no doubt seen some shit so CDPR are pretty much free to do whatever they want with the character which is great news for those that aren't fans of her in the books.

In terms of re-playability: If it's done well it wont matter to me. I was able to play the prologue for the Witcher 2 7 or 8 times and i never once skipped the cut scenes. But I wasn't able to replay DA:O without a mod to skip the fade. It all depends I guess. 10 missions as Ciri seems like a good number if they leave it fairly short. I don't plan on skipping any story bits with Geralt (second time around) only the occasional sidequest so I don't see why I would want to that unless she's really annoying.

Most people here have read the books but it's easy to forget sometimes that most people who are going to be playing the game won't have done. The most important role these segments will fill, and the reason I believe CDPR decided to do it in the first place is to introduce new players to the character. The story will have nowhere near the impact if players have no idea who key characters are. When I first played W2 i thought it was a great game. After I played it again after reading the books and playing W1 it made into my favorite rpg of all time. Obviously your not going to have the same experience if you're not already invested in the story and care about the characters but it will help to have a little background.

Last edited:
Even if Ciri has completed the mutations which is very unlikely, she would never be as fast as Geralt.
Geralt is not a regular Witcher and his mutations go beyond that of regular Witcher. He has gone through further mutations, which has given him white hair and has made him stronger and faster than other Witchers. Plus he has been swinging swords for almost a century or even more (disclaimer: my estimation), which is certainly much longer than Ciri has. So he should be the faster and more skilled of the two as far as sword fighting goes, since he does not age like regular humans do.
Some are going to say that Ciri killed Bonhart, but may I remind you that Yennefer told Bonhart that him fighting Geralt would be like a kitten fighting a wolf.
Just to paint the picture:

IN the book ciri see on her prophecy that geralt will die in the Vilgefortz's tower by leo bonhart hands if the two face off. Leon wasn't any bounty hunter ( http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Leo_Bonhart ) he already kill 3 witchers ( one of wolf school , one the cat school , one of the gryphin school ) we could say he was one if not the best human sword fighter . Ciri now isn't the ciri we know ,( she has geralt and yenefer training and even leo bonhart train her in the arena ) at the end of the book she teleport in our dimension in medevial age and meet galaad that he think she is Lady of the Lake ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_of_the_Lake)
at the end she go with him ( perhpas to avalon where merlin reside) >> At the end of the book ciri was 17 year old >> when witcher 3 begin she will be 21 year old >> 4 years go away what she have done between then , what she learn from who , what training she have done ... ect

for info >> she is born >> 1251 >> geralt die >>1268>>> witcher 3 >>1272

Last edited:
Geralt wasn't standing idly by these 4 years, he gained new skill. Defeated the grand master and Letho, also mastered a dragon in 1 on 1 combat.

He is a better and faster swordsman than Ciri for me, nothing will convince me otherwise.

it isn't the place to debate about this but you are right i think but if she control her power,and begin to unleash magic and witcher art she will be fun to play after who is the best i don't know and don't want to know she is geralt daughter so be it

Last edited:
IN the book ciri see on her prophecy that geralt will die in the Vilgefortz's tower by leo bonhart hands if the two face off.
We don't know under what circumstances Geralt dies at Leo's hands. We don't know what would have happened prior to their fight if Geralt had chosen to go after Bonhart, maybe he would have gotten distracted during the fight or wounded before fighting him so Leo had the upper hand. There is more to a prophecy than a straight beaten path, and one decision can cause a domino effect. Geralt also gets stabbed with a pitchfork, does that mean the peasant is faster and stronger than Geralt ?
she has geralt and yenefer training and even leo bonhart train her in the arena ) at the end of the book she teleport in our dimension in medevial age and meet galaad that he think she is Lady of the Lake
Training is not going to give her the speed and reflexes of a super-mutated Witcher. Geralt is an unnatural being, and training is going to make you faster but not as fast as a super-mutant Witcher that has fought the best for many years.
At the end of the book ciri was 17 year old >> when witcher 3 begin she will be 21 year old >> 4 years go away what she have done between then , what she learn from who , what training she have done ... ect
During this period Geralt has fought and defeated a Golem, a striga (for the 2nd time), Azar Javed (powerful Zerrikanian mage), the Grand Master, specter of the King of the Wild Hunt, the Kayran, Kaedwani General, a Dragon, three Witchers (Letho,Auckes, and Serrit), and ...
Nothing can convince me Ciri is faster than Geralt except an unexpected twist.

Ciri is able to deflect arrows/bolts with her sword just like Geralt. This skill alone requires extraordinary awareness, speed and reflexes. Only Geralt and Ciri were described to be able to do this, however maybe it is a common skill among all witchers but it was just never explained.

Of-course Yennefer would say that though. She's sticking up for her man, and trying to instill fear and doubt into Bonharts mind. I have no doubt that if Geralt and Bonhart faced off it would be alot more of a contest. Maybe more like a wolverine going up against a wolf.
I doubt Ciri will ever face a tougher opponent then Bonhart. She defeated him because she outsmarted him, by fighting him on her own playground (so to speak).

Last edited:
I'm not to worried with CDPR taking a few liberties with the lore as long as it stays mostly the same. So I don't mind Ciri being faster than Geralt (in terms of lore) even though my interpretation of it is she isn't. I do however oppose it from a story telling perspective as, let's face it, Ciri really doesn't need to be any more powerful than she is in the books. I enjoyed Ciri's sections of the books but she was one of my least favorite main characters for the fact that she didn't have many flaws. I still liked her overall, Its just it seemed like whenever she was in a tight spot she'd get out of it by having a new ability or you know, a unicorn appearing in the middle of a desert. She's already got prophecy Armour and the ability to travel through time and space at will so I think she can make do with being "only" an excellent swordsmen rather than the best.

I agree.
We sould stop clinging to the books so hard, and we should let CDPR flex their arms with the story and characters and give us their interpretation as a game developer. They have to see it in a way that makes sense as a game, and they have not disappointed us so far.
It feels like many us book fans including me are on CDPR's throat all the time, and we are trying to confine them to our interpretations of the books. I'm not suggesting they should have a total and unreasonable disregard of the lore, but they should also have the freedom to make a good game.
I think they know what they are doing, well except the hair colors and Geralt's skin tone, and ... I'm jut joking :)

As i say before and even before this is the end of geralt arc like mass effect 3 was the end of shepard . if there is a witcher 4 it would be without geralt as the main caracter ( most likely ciri ) so it s a good chance to begin to know her . who is the best isn't the answer . Ciri is a sword master who know the witcher art , who know before magic and will have new capacity with the elder blood . Witcher 3 is geralt adventure so let be with this .it will be fun to have the different point of view by different caracter and see the story by them like when you read a book .

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of games switching characters. It's just a personal hangup of mine and I don't fault CDPR for doing it or anything, but for me personally, it just throws me out of the game. I can't think of a single game where I enjoyed this sort of thing. And it's not just because suddenly making me play as someone else takes me out of the story, it also usually means I lose whatever abilities/upgrades the main player character has, and that's pretty much always annoying. Here, play as Henselt. Guess what, no dodging. Here, play as Ellie. Guess what, you just lost ALL your upgrades. Bleh.

Top Bottom