Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
ooh okay. At the moment I'm using the Tempest staff from the ruins at the Western Approach, which with a rune is giving me about 113DPS. All my other mages have got staffs that are around 97DPS but the schematics I have at the moment only let me make 71DPS staffs, which is complete crap lol.

I'm in Emprise Du Lion at the moment, looking for Bloodstone, I'm not really planning to do any plot stuff here yet ... really I should have gone to the Winter Palace since I'm level 16 now and it's going to be too easy lol. But I wanted to try and outfit my entire party in decent armour and weapons before I get any further. I know in my first game I got a schematic for a decent staff, which had the same look as Tempest, but I haven't found it this time and I can't remember where I got it from... it might have been the one you're talking about in Emprise Du Lion... hmmm

What's the best mage staff you can make in the game? I know depending on your choices in Iron Bull's personal quest you can get a good staff, but I don't think I can complete the quest that way.... it makes me too sad, so I'd like an alternative lol

Crafting:
All three have the same DPS potential
First Enchanter Staff
Emprise du Lion. Sold by the merchant in Suledin Keep.

Masterwork Archon Staff
Iron bull's personal quest. Reward for last war table sequence.
(depends on quest decision)

Seer Staff
Don't know location

Drop/buy-able:
Yavanalis 125DPS cold-damage lvl20

Bloodwake 112DPS fire lvl12
A Mainquest reward

And one beauty you can only obtain by siding with the Templers:
Staff of Corruption 102DPS electricity
Probably the best looking staff of all

And off course for low level there is:
Tyrdda's Staff 109DPS fire lvl 11
Unlock all landmarks in the hinterlands then do the war table mission. It's possible to get this one early if you dodge the enemies a bit.

When you compare weapons take a look at base damage, because it's used to calculate damage most of the skills. DPS include runes, which sometimes may be misleading.

Yea I used to think swords sucked compared to axes and maces, but those weapons just hit faster, thus the DPS is obviously higher. But the base damage is actually lower. I do still like axes though. But the best weapon in the game I think is a sword from the strongest dragon. Level 23 and a total asshole.

But the best weapon in the game I think is a sword from the strongest dragon. Level 23 and a total asshole.
Yeah, all three dragon fights there were nice. TBH, dragon fights were what i liked the most in this game, especially on nightmare. In comparison last story fights were just dull, but probably because I wanted to finish most of the quest before and on 23 lvl it was too easy...

Yeah, all three dragon fights there were nice. TBH, dragon fights were what i liked the most in this game, especially on nightmare. In comparison last story fights were just dull, but probably because I wanted to finish most of the quest before and on 23 lvl it was too easy...

Agreed. It was kinda funny, everyone's sweating Cornflakes' dragon, and I've already wiped out 10. Underwhelming indeed. I spanked that ass.

---------- Updated at 04:11 PM ----------

Haha, I was the asshole, actually. That dragon was minding her own business, and some douchebag drops in on his nuggalope out of nowhere from the top of the building down with her while she's trying to fucking sleep. Then I murder her and all her children in their cozy home. Inquisitor's a fucking douchebag.

But, it's a small price to pay to save the world. Gotta make sure ma gear's top notch.

And one beauty you can only obtain by siding with the Templers:

I sided with the Templars but I don't think I have this staff? o__o did i manage to not loot it or something? And thank you for the list btw.

And yeah I also found the final battle in the main quest super disappointing. The rest of the game was great, I loved the Elven Ruins and the entire build up felt really cool, especially when I beat Samson by doing that optional quest Cullen wants you to do.

And then the final fight is like... meh. You don't even fight the dragon yourself. And no fight which involves all of the party members... which was probably the worst part. I liked having everyone there for the final boss in DA2 and for Denerim in DA:O, I don't know why they removed it for DA:I... maybe because the final fight would have been too easy? But then they should have let us fight the dragon!!

I sided with the Templars but I don't think I have this staff? o__o did i manage to not loot it or something? And thank you for the list btw.

And yeah I also found the final battle in the main quest super disappointing. The rest of the game was great, I loved the Elven Ruins and the entire build up felt really cool, especially when I beat Samson by doing that optional quest Cullen wants you to do.

And then the final fight is like... meh. You don't even fight the dragon yourself. And no fight which involves all of the party members... which was probably the worst part. I liked having everyone there for the final boss in DA2 and for Denerim in DA:O, I don't know why they removed it for DA:I... maybe because the final fight would have been too easy? But then they should have let us fight the dragon!!

I fought the dragon. Did you go into the well or Morrigan? For me it was Morrigan and she fought the dragon until it finally beat her ass. That's when I fought it, after a chunk of his health was down. Then it went back to Cornflakes. I also had all my teammates with me.

How in the world was our situation so different?

As for the Samson fight, yea that was badass. "Power's all well and good. Until it's taken away."

"What did you do? WHAT DID YOU DO??? AHHHHHARRRHHFGFHKCBIUBD!"

LOL, I break your toys, bitch.

How do you watch that and think they don't deserve it? That was hilarious.

---------- Updated at 05:48 PM ----------

Talking about the GOTY acceptance vid.

I fought the dragon. Did you go into the well or Morrigan? For me it was Morrigan and she fought the dragon until it finally beat her ass. That's when I fought it, after a chunk of his health was down. Then it went back to Cornflakes. I also had all my teammates with me.

How in the world was our situation so different?

Morrigan went into the well in my game... but after she fought the Dragon and it beat her, I just fought Corytheus with 4 party members and that was it... no fight against the dragon and the rest of my party weren't there either O__O How did that happen?! I had no idea it could be different... huh

I will pay attention to how my game goes this time and see if it changes. I mean... maybe I didn't notice the rest of my companions and maybe I forgot that I fought the dragon but... I can't imagine how or why I would forget that.... weird

---------- Updated at 02:18 AM ----------

I dunno if this was posted already but ah well

they don't deserve it

lmfaooo that video is awesome. @_@ Cullen.........

Wait what that don't work.. The staff is from Calpernia who replaces Samson when you side with the templars.

The dragon fight at the final battles was both if Morrigan or the inquisitor goes into the well. If you take the well Morrigan's part gets replaced by a golden dragon that you have to beat into submission first. But both of them bring the bad dragon only to 50% health...

Wait what that don't work.. The staff is from Calpernia who replaces Samson when you side with the templars.

The dragon fight at the final battles was both if Morrigan or the inquisitor goes into the well. If you take the well Morrigan's part gets replaced by a golden dragon that you have to beat into submission first. But both of them bring the bad dragon only to 50% health...

Oh okay I haven't fought her yet so that's why I don't have the staff.

That is weird.... I really don't remember fighting the dragon at the end :/ I just remember fighting Corytheus... I must just have forgotten it though because it must have happened. @_@
But I swear none of my other companions were in that fight besides the 3 I brought with me.

Ah really? That might be why I didn't get the origin achievement. I thought having Morrigan turn into a dragon would be enough. I planned on taking the well's power this time though for teh dramaz. You're already under Solas' influence from the start anyway, which Flemythal ends up giving herself to. Like a lot of things, you had the illusion of choice.

Do you mean the Dragon's bane achievement? If so the golden one / cornflakes pet don't count for that.

That achievement is bugged like a few others. You can try saving before killing the last dragon and then after killing it re-loading and killing it again. that worked for me. Others seem to only get it if they save before killing even a single dragon then doing all ten in a row and if it doesn't unlock re-doing all ten again.

Do you mean the Dragon's bane achievement? If so the golden one / cornflakes pet don't count for that.

That achievement is bugged like a few others. You can try saving before killing the last dragon and then after killing it re-loading and killing it again. that worked for me. Others seem to only get it if they save before killing even a single dragon then doing all ten in a row and if it doesn't unlock re-doing all ten again.

No I have that one, though it took a long time to show up. I got it a bit after starting my new playthrough randomly.

I mean the recruit a dragon one.

So finally beaten the game, took me 70 hours to complete, have a lot of locations left, because I botched my level planning and was overleveled for like 3 of them. Also in the end I kinda got tired of postphoning Arbor Wilds quest. Will leave them for future playthroughs, there are a bunch of things I want to change anyway, like not recruiting certain people. All in all I liked the game and will be playing it for quite some time(especially with TW being delayed). Main stroryline was ok I guess even though I felt it was way too short, and the main villian was kind of meh(those grandiose speeches ugh). Locations were beautiful, cool to explore, they really did the world of Thedas justice here. Dragon fights were really cool, I killed only four of them with this character and look forward to fighting the others. Nightmare difficulty was a little disappointing, apart from some tedious moments here and there it wasn't that hard. Nothing like Origins, at least for me. I remember getting wrecked by Flemeth countless times, in the end I just gave up and turned the difficulty down. Companions were mostly good. Solas was probably the best, even though I felt he sort of contradicts himself
because in the beginning of the game he is hell-bent on applying human standards to spirits and talks how they are very much like people, yet during Cole's quest he insists on him remaining a spirit and suddenly remembers how they are very different.
But maybe I'm missing some detail here. The worst were probably Sera(for obvious reasons) and Iron Bull. His attempts at being a bro type of character felt kind of forced(hell Dorian makes a better bro then him), then there was his talk about dragon killing when I was like "you weren't even there wtf". Drama during his personal quest was nonexistant for me, despite BW attempts to make me care. Vivienne was sort of an oddball and with her dresses and remarks like "I shall attempt not to breathe for the next five minutes", I never felt like taking her anywhere. The most disappointing part was probably the final fight, very short and underwhelming. The bittersweet ending I got with
Cassandra becoming Divine,
kind of made things better. But it was not until the post credit cutscene that I was competely blown away and forgot all about lackluster final sequences.
I mean I knew something was off with Solas, but I never expected this. My head was spinning because of all juicy implications that the final reveal brought. It was hell of a cliffanger too but a good one. that did not leave me angry, but instead made me copletely hooked and hungry to see what comes next.
Well done here Bioware. Hope they won't screw this up later. Now I should probably take a break and the maybe start another playthrough.

Last edited:
Top Bottom