Character Customization!

+
Can you...can you imagine the smell? I mean, metalheads tend to forget human needs like showering, brushing their teeth anyway. Plus Nomad Stench...

<shudder>

It would certainly be an experience like no other.

Well... You know the saying after all...

THE STREET FINDS ITS USES FOR THINGS.

LIke OEDO pointed out, its just concept art, that and according to the names only the the first one is max-tac (ACPA perhaps?), the rest seem like drones, which makes more sense.

Its also very likely these concepts are old, with the final and best versions still remaining behind closed doors.

Also, I got a theory for the max-tac suit. Those gimpy gun-arms arent that at all. Their modular attachment points for various ordnance.

Last edited:
[QUOTE You had to roll, if you wanted, to check not only how your Char liked to dress but also to see what happened in his\her past years. Honestly I would not mind to see such System even for the creation of CP2077 Main Char. ]

They COULD do something similar to mass effects Shepard background; where you had a selection to choose the back story of your character? maybe this could then seep into how NPC's and team mates respond to you, but have the character's aesthetics fully customisable
I think this would be a pretty good idea; however with so much creativity and options for pasts, whether they be brutal or military or even just relatively calm, they would have to put ALOT into a rolled character.[/QUOTE] They could also take inspiration from Dragon Age: Origins' background models for their characters. Not only that, but even though APB Reloaded wasn't much of a MMORPG I will say that it had the best hands in character customization I've ever seen and I hope that the customization would be a combination of them elements (just in the over all theme of the game is all).

The character generation was about one of the only things I liked about Dragon Age: Origins (I found the setting of that series really boring and lazy, I'm sorry), even if I was let down that you only had one origin option for each race/class combination for the most part. It's probably more accurate to say I feel CP2077 should have a background generation system that's either in depth like the one in the tabletop game or like the Mass Effect one with many more options based on class choice and the level of income, or maybe even the section of Night City (or outside of it) you want to roleplay from. It would also be cool if it could also allow you to generate ties to different NPCs at choice or random, but I understand that would probably be too detailed to be accounted for with dialogue changes.

Last edited:
Huh. Thought we'd previously had threads about character creation. Someone should see if they can dig one up.

Anyhoo.

I'd actually like to see both a "fast n' dirty" character generator, if people just want to jump right in (with lots of random rolls,) and a more detailed character generator, closer to the PnP.

I would like a system that is atleast fairly detailed. And if it was as detailed as for example Divinity: Original Sin when it comes to stat's and skills etc, and as detailed as for example City of Heroes for your chartacters looks (heck even a system that is 1/4th as detailed as City of Heroes was would be huge), then that would be pretty much totally awesome in my opinion.

I am used to the very big and detailed pen and paper rpg character creation system that is in the pnp rpg game we play the most (one I have talked about befor, a Swedish game called Eon). It's a system where it can take up to 1-3 hours for most people to create a character (with me always taking atleast 1 more hour then everyone else :p). But when your done you have a semi to fully developed character with a backstory from the start, without even having had to think more then "this is the race/people I want my character to be, and this is the profession I want my char to have"... due to that you role on multiple different tables, where most of them have something like 50 to almost 100 different results. And in pc games where your allowed to create your own character, and it's a fairly detailed system as well, I can spend hours on creating my character. Take Divinity: Original Sin for example, I am pretty sure it took me 4-6 hours to create both my characters in that game. XD Not to mention the hours up on hours of time I spent creating my characters looks in City of Heroes, my record there was a character who's looks took 24 hours total to create (technicly 32 hours since I went to bed during it as well). XD

But I love it, to be able to sit there and just tamper with the stats, skills, traits, the way the character looks, etc, untill I have "the perfect" character.

Last edited:
The thing is, in today's modern open-world RPG, character creation either has to be absolutely immaculate and detailed or not bothered with at all. The standards have been raised so high by games like Skyrim and even The Sims, that gamers aren't going to put up with mediocre character creation. So there's a great deal of pressure on the developers. Either give the players a preconceived character or design a character creation function that will inevitably be compared to pioneering games (like Skyrim) and run the risk of being completely shat on by over-critical gamers. And I'm not gonna lie, I'd prefer a simple selection from a range of pre-made characters than put up with crappy half-assed character creation.

I think I would put up with crappy half-arsed character creation in an RPG... atleast if your talking about your characters stats/skills/traits/etc. So far I have never played a single premade character if there is a choice of creating your own.

For characters looks in RPG's... I tend to be pretty dissapointed if a game has a highly limited choice in looks (especially if none of the available looks are ones I like)... I mean it will not keep me away from playing a game, but it is still something that I note and would bring up.

Divinity: Original Sin is actually a game where I really loved how detailed the stat/skill/trait part is highly detailed... but was very dissapointed in how limited the looks customization was (I did find ones I liked, still though).

I dont want a thin GF in Cyberpunk

Too many thin girls in movies and games, and most of men like curvy women. I think CDPR should get some curvy women into the game.

Like this:

AND THEN I POSTED SOME PICS OF SOME GIRL I FOUND ON THE INTERNET ON CDPR FORUMS.

No, not a good idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that it would be great if the engine allowed for a lot of customization and for the NPCs to reflect this (similar to how NPCs in Saints Row were made, or seemed to be made, with the same tools that we were given). And not just limited to curvy or chubby girls. I want to be able to make a Chiyoko (Akira) inspired nomad because she was the most badassest character in the manga.

It may be very taxing to include all of this especially in a format that would encourage customization, as I think it may even be easier to construct from scratch a model of a fat person, old lady, etc. and assign them animations and things like that that go with it... but it would be ideal if we had a customization system that made it all really work together.

Talking about customization and animation... 1) I think this thread may be merged with something like a thread on character customization, or romance options and 2) I'm thinking also that some more cosmetic cyberwear like a compartment of smokes in a cyberhand + a lighter in the thumb may be used as customizable "standstill animations".

Sooo..half naked girls. JUST FOR REFERENCE.

Yeah, that's not so okay. It's a -public- forum, not 4chan. Or even close to 4chan. If you feel the urge to post pics, either they should be of yourself, or Cyberpunk appropriate. Half-naked Cyberpunk girls, from obviously for-sharing shared pics or drawn, sort-of okay, within bounds of good taste.

There is some leeway, but pics of half-naked girls and even girls taking selfies of themselves are NOT appropriate here.

Men like curves, yes, but that does not mean they all have the same taste when it comes to specifics. One should define what "thin" means. Skinny? Slim? Not fat? Slim girl can still have curves. In the end it'll all be more about personal taste than anything else. I don't like chubby body type myself. I prefer them fit, not flat or skinny. Other than that I am for as big variety as there can be.

the true solution is to just have a character creator that can manipulate all parts of the body yo

can't wait to make a thunder thighs cop

having recently spent lots of time in the Dragon Age Inquisition character creator, I really really hope we get more than just face options. DA:I has lots of good face options, but there is no body customization whatsoever. Your character as a man or woman of [race x] always looks the same other than the face. It's annoying.

Top Bottom