Predicted witcher 3 system specs? Can I run it .

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.dinopc.com/shop/pc/-b-NEW-b-Magma-Wrath-94p2196.htm

Would this be suitable for The Witcher 3 do you think?

It won't run the game at max settings. You'll probably be able to do around high settings with very low anti aliasing on that build. Likely, not one GPU can run the game on absolute max settings at this point in time and the only way to probably run the game at max settings is very likely SLIing two incredibly high end cards.

It won't run the game at max settings. You'll probably be able to do around high settings with very low anti aliasing on that build. Likely, not one GPU can run the game on absolute max settings at this point in time and the only way to probably run the game at max settings is very likely SLIing two incredibly high end cards.

How about we wait to see what the Devs say when they release the specs. You have no inside knowledge. When you spread FUD like this You scare people away from PC gaming, and/or entice people to spend money they do not need to. I am willing to bet a 970 will run this game at very high to Ultra settings at playable frame rates. Say low 40's to mid 50's

Guest 3770914

How about we wait to see what the Devs say when they release the specs. You have no inside knowledge. When you spread FUD like this You scare people away from PC gaming, and/or entice people to spend money they do not need to. I am willing to bet a 970 will run this game at very high to Ultra settings at playable frame rates. Say low 40's to mid 50's

I certainly hope so, above is all I can afford and I don't have the time to build my own.

I certainly hope so, above is all I can afford and I don't have the time to build my own.

it's a good pc but the best choice you have is to wait until they release setting for it and buy better than the recommended setting

Last edited:
"Future proof" in a world where Moore's Law is marching orders is an expensive illusion.Buy what you need, no sooner than when you absolutely cannot do without it any longer. Because it will be old in two years.

"Future proof" in a world where Moore's Law is marching orders is an expensive illusion.Buy what you need, no sooner than when you absolutely cannot do without it any longer. Because it will be old in two years.

yes , pc rig and setting goes bigger and bigger but at a moment you could have the best but 6 month or 1 year later you still have a very good one but not the best. After for witcher 3 i think the best thing we can do is to wait for recommended setting to be release .

For my part i learn something interesting the other day , i have 4770 intell 4 core and for it it 's better to not keep the origin intel fan ( because the person say it's not powerfull enought to keep it cool in game issues ) so for christmas i decide to change it for a better one . One thing done now only to wait for the recommended config to be published to know if i have to change my gtx 780 for a better one .

Last edited:
It's not like any one else is going to come out with something like this any time soon.

Bethesda doesn't have the ambition.

And it will be a while till the next GTA etc.

Besides most open world games arn't any where near as big or complicted, so it isn't all that surprising if they have better graphics or whatever:

Batman is contained to a city, which is why they can go all out on it.

Just cause has no substance.

Far cry is more or less just terrain.

So. Besides mmos what other game has this kind of density on this scale?

Granted the Phantom Pain is an unkown at this point and has loads of content.

Last edited:
It will be fine.I promise. Build/buy what you can afford. Some of us have paid are dues and have a little more cash to spend. I am in a good spot, but I wasn't always. Just try to remember live within your means and not worry about keeping up with the Jones'

---------- Updated at 01:09 AM ----------

It will be

Intel PROCESSORI MODELLO: I7-4930K;
GENERALE:Core i7, 3,40 Ghz, I7-4930K, 32 bit, 64 bit, 2400 MHz, Socket R (LGA 2011), Boxato;
SPECIFICHE TECNICHE:L2 cache totale : 1024 MB, L3 cache totale : 12 MB, 6 Numero Core, 130 W, 32 nm;

Asus MOTHERBOARD MODELLO: RAMPAGE-4-BLACK;
SPECIFICHE TECNICHE:Intel X79, Connettore Video non presente;
PROCESSORE:Intel, Socket R (LGA 2011);
MEMORIA:Numero Slot : 8 , DDR3;
CONTROLLER:1 x 10/100/1000, 0/1/5/10;
GENERALE:1866 MHz;

X2 Corsair MODULI DI MEMORIA MODELLO: CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10;
GENERALE:8 GB, PC3-12800, DDR3, DIMM, 1600 MHz, Non ECC, Generica;
SPECIFICHE TECNICHE:CAS Latency : 10 , Numero Pin : 240 ;

CABINET
Cooler Master Cabinet N300

Cooler Master ALIMENTATORI 850 watt MODELLO: RS850-AFBAG1-EU;
CAVI:Cavi Modulari, Cavi Schermati, Numero di connettori Cpu : 4 , Numero di connettori Motherboard : 20 , Numero di connettori SATA : 9 ;
SPECIFICHE ELETTRICHE:850 W;
SPECIFICHE TECNICHE:0 db, 1 Numero ventole raffreddamento;

PNY Graphic card: GEFORCE GTX 970;
CARATTERISTICHE GPU: PCI Express 3.0, 256 Bit, 4096 MB, GDDR5, Risoluzione massima (larghezza) : 4096 px, Risoluzione massima (altezza) : 2160 px, 1178 MHz, Versione DirectX : 12 , Ventola; REQUISITI DI SISTEMA:Numero connettori di alimentazione : 1 ;

Western Digital HDD interni MODELLO: WD RED;
SPECIFICHE TECNICHE:1000 GB, SATA III, 6000 Mbit/s, 7200 rpm, 64 Mb;
DIMENSIONI:3,50 ";

LG MASTERIZZATORE MODELLO: GH24NSB0.AUAA11;
GENERALE: Interno, Nero;
INTERFACCIA:S-ata;
FORMATI:Velocità Scrittura CD-R : 48 x, Velocità Scrittura CD-RW : 32 x, 12 Velocità Scrittura DVD-RAM, Velocità Scrittura DVD-R : 24 x, Velocità Scrittura DVD+R : 24 x,
Velocità Scrittura DVD-R DL : 8 x, Velocità Scrittura DVD+R DL : 8 x, Velocità Scrittura DVD-RW : 6 x, Velocità Scrittura DVD+RW : 8 x, Velocità Scrittura Blu-ray Disc (BD-R) : 0 x,
Velocità Scrittura Blu-ray Disc (BD-RE) : 0 x;

what do u think about this build??something that i need to upgrade?or downgrade? it will cost like 1770 euro

Last edited:
I cant see an SSD in your list. For a build of that price an SSD is a must IMO. Also that memory is quite low-end for the motherboad you have chosen. If it was me i would go with a cheaper motherboad and put that money towards an SSD or upgrading the graphics card to a 980.

I cant see an SSD in your list. For a build of that price an SSD is a must IMO. Also that memory is quite low-end for the motherboad you have chosen. If it was me i would go with a cheaper motherboad and put that money towards an SSD or upgrading the graphics card to a 980.

i got 1000 GB, SATA III, 6000 Mbit/s, 7200 rpm, 64 Mb; WD RED ye i'll get some up on RAM

that's a mechanical HDD. i'm talking about a solid-state drive (SSD).

ye ye i know what u mean :D i was thinking..well i need to get a ssd and up the ram...video is ok don't u think?

---------- Updated at 02:03 PM ----------

btw the cpu is ok? or too greed? :D

video card is fine. 970s are beasts. as for the cpu... well it is an expensive cpu, same with the motherboard. if its just for gaming then its overkill and you could go with a cheaper cpu and mobo.

I have Xeon e3-1231v3 and a H97 Plus motherboard and they are more than good for gaming. Overclocking is a no-go but if you don't want to do that then consider these parts. As for RAM, 8GB of 1600 MHz is more than enough

For those willing to dish out money on an i7 or those who are confused between an i5 vs i7, here is a wonderful article from PCGAMER that can explain the difference between high end i5 and i7.

The i7 4790k shows some difference in min and max fps but in case of avg fps the difference is negligible (1 - 2 fps) when compared to i5 4690k which makes i5 4690k a solid choice for gaming. Also judging by the difference in avg performance all those i7 CPU requirements from devs makes little sense.

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-best-pc-gaming-cpus-processors/#page-1

For those willing to dish out money on an i7 or those who are confused between an i5 vs i7, here is a wonderful article from PCGAMER that can explain the difference between high end i5 and i7.

The i7 4790k shows some difference in min and max fps but in case of avg fps the difference is negligible (1 - 2 fps) when compared to i5 4690k which makes i5 4690k a solid choice for gaming. Also judging by the difference in avg performance all those i7 CPU requirements from devs makes little sense.

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-best-pc-gaming-cpus-processors/#page-1

Seconded. Core i5 unless you are buying the CPU to run an application that demands more than 3 CPU-bound threads. Despite the manufacturers' irresponsible "recommendations", games just don't do that.

But some responders have missed an important point. The OP's bill of materials is for an LGA 2011, not an LGA 1150. You can't put a 4790k or 4690k on it.

For LGA 2011, you can saqve money and go with something like a Xeon E5-2609v2 or Core i7 4820k or 5820k, or with the OP's budget you could get a Xeon E5-2630v3, a 6-core (12-hyperthread) monster.

The PS (Cooler Master RS850) is a Euro model, so North American viewers won't know it. It's the same as the V850, which is a new Seasonic-made model. It's excellent, though considerable overkill for a single GPU.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom