Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
My inquisitor takes the cake to me for most badass and ruthless. I conscripted the mages, took the wardens in, making them answer to and work for me, then I let Gaspard take the throne, having the empress die so that I could have an Emperor in my pocket, who with the wartable ops can be made not to ever pursue expansion like he originally planned.

Most of my decisions were calculated like that, leaving mercy and morality at the door to feed my inquisition's strength at any cost, using faith to his advantage. When we went into the adamant fort, I made sure to kill any wardens that didn't immediately surrender, despite knowing they might be sympathetic. Yea, fuck that, if you can't see how fucking stupid you are, you die now. Waste of air.

My warden was the shit of course, and the original badass, but he just doesn't do as much in comparison to everything you do with the inquisition. I imagine All three protagonists standing next to each other, and I see only the Inquisitor as being larger than life. He did kill the most dragons, lol. And a living god much more powerful than an archdemon.

I'm wondering honestly how people aren't talking about how much more badass we are than the other two. But then, not everyone's character is the same. Even so, you have the warden sending you gifts, Hawke answering to your ass, Morrigan answering to you, Loghain or Alistair, though for me it was just Stroud, Cullen, Leliana, the biggest Mary Sue in the series, and everyone else. You are the shit. No one has anything on the Inquisitor.

And, you bang the Divine, lol. Well, I did.

Yeah I'm not saying the Inquisitor isn't awesome too but my Warden basically resurrected the Grey Wardens of Ferelden, almost entirely by herself and a few followers. The Inquisitor has sooo many more resources and much more help. Idk, I feel like the Warden comes from nothing to achieve something, facing shit all the way through, whereas the Inquisitor is almost immediately the Herald of Andraste and the Chosen One, meanwhile my Warden is there like "ok I killed an Archdemon, survived the fade BY MYSELF, saved a Circle of Mages, ended a Dwarven feud over the crown, ended a werewolf curse and saved the Dalish, defeated the famous general Loghain, found Andraste's ashes, defeated Flemeth" and all from what she had created for herself. She had no Inquisition soldiers, no connections or advisors, only Grey Warden contracts and the companions she managed to collect, who were by no means as impressive or experienced as the Inquisition members. Of course they go on to become impressive and experienced, but back then, not so much.

And eventually she becomes Queen <3

I'm not saying one is better than the other, but the Warden has a special place in my heart. In my head canon, Hawke and my Inquisitor are massive fans of my Warden, lmao.

I would love to have a moment where your Warden, Hawke and Inquisitor all get to fight together. They would kick ass so hard

edit: also UGH my game bugged out during an Exalted Plains quest to get rid of the demons at the Dalish burial site... there is a demon happily wandering around but he's not hostile so I can't kill him nor can I advance the quest.

Last edited:
Lol my Inquisitor seemed pretty impressed with the warden too when talking to Sera, so I guess that's just canon.

The Warden did have pretty much nothing to go off of in the beginning, it's true. Though they only managed to kill that archdemon because of the badassery of another warden high flyer, lol. But yea, they did do a lot with what was available.

But, my Inquisitor would still murder his ass, lol. I loved how completely and utterly underwhelmed we were at the presence of Hawke. That was satisfying.

Lol my canon Inquisitor (Mage human female) is a fan of Hawke's too. I just like having 3 awesome women all admire and support each other ;;; it makes me happy.

Speaking of friendships, the way Varric talks about Hawke in DA:I is so sweet. Dorian and Varric were having a chat in my game earlier and Dorian is saying to Varric about how he'll hate Weisshaupt because it's boring and cold and everyone is miserable etc and Varric just replies "Hawke is there"

Varric's love of Hawke is my favourite thing ever. It makes me feel emotions

It's funny because he's like the only one. Everyone from Kirkwall is this private little clique that only they understand. I like that. They feel like a family. I could never take that away from Varric.

As for admiration... Ha, I prefer to think that Hawke is mad jel secretly, with Varric actually being Andrastian and following me around. He and Hawke will always be bffs though. My Inquisitor is indifferent to Hawke however. Not even on his radar. But he likes the warden, just not enough to ride his nuts or anything.

The group admiration thing, ha must be a chick thing :p Three male heroes of various import and prestige, testosterone levels pretty much demand a dick measuring contest. Figuratively. Probably. My warden's too chill to care about competing with either of the other two though.

Lol my Hawke would never be jealous of Varric spending time with the Inquisition. It's so obvious Varric loves Hawke 1000x more than anyone or anything else so there's no contest really. But it's nice having Varric along, even if it's sad he can't be with his best friend.

Maybe the Hawke/Varric friendship feels different for you because your Hawke is a guy, and probably in your head has a different personality. But also in my games my Warden/Hawke/Inquisitor don't see each other as rivals, more as admirable women who have done great things. Although I get the feeling Hawke and my Inquisitor would get along better, because they are both mages, whereas my Warden is a rogue. Aaaand Hawke and the Inquisitor's boyfriends are similar too - although thankfully Cullen doesn't hate mages too much anymore.

Now wouldn't it be better if your Warden, Inquisitor and Hawke were all bros and kicked ass together?

Lol my Hawke would never be jealous of Varric spending time with the Inquisition. It's so obvious Varric loves Hawke 1000x more than anyone or anything else so there's no contest really. But it's nice having Varric along, even if it's sad he can't be with his best friend.

Maybe the Hawke/Varric friendship feels different for you because your Hawke is a guy, and probably in your head has a different personality. But also in my games my Warden/Hawke/Inquisitor don't see each other as rivals, more as admirable women who have done great things. Although I get the feeling Hawke and my Inquisitor would get along better, because they are both mages, whereas my Warden is a rogue. Aaaand Hawke and the Inquisitor's boyfriends are similar too - although thankfully Cullen doesn't hate mages too much anymore.

Now wouldn't it be better if your Warden, Inquisitor and Hawke were all bros and kicked ass together?

Depends. My Inquisitor's secretly into himself more than he admits, so while he admires the Warden, he thinks he's better. I mean, it's hard not to have a big head when people literally worship you. In his mind, he IS the Maker's chosen. He was born for this. He can't die. To him.

That was the mentality of Alexander the Great as well, which is why he was so confident. My trevelyan doesn't need either of them, nor does he want their help more than what is necessary, as they'd just serve to steal his glory. I'm secretly glad that Hawke didn't turn out to be your general like people were saying. That would've been lame.

But as for Hawke, yes I think being a male does change the dynamic for how I view all of my heroes. And all of my heroes have different classes. Only Hawke is a mage, while my Inquisitor was supposed to be a templar. He was sympathetic to mages at first though, including Hawke, up until Redcliffe. He's still not supportive of Templars, but he's more pro circle than he was before. I don't think Hawke would appreciate him conscripting the mages (My Hawke I mean), and my Hawke is also the sarcastic Hawke, so I see that version having the capacity to be jealous, though this isn't shown anywhere in the actual game. Just my headcanon.
\

---------- Updated at 11:23 AM ----------

Also, I tend to be sarcastic right back at Hawke, or talk down to him, so they don't really seem to care for eachother. That's where I developed the headcanon for Hawke being jealous.

Ah okay. My Inquisitor is a non-believer so she doesn't see herself as the Maker's Chosen One, she just sees herself as someone who has worked hard to stop Corypheus and also someone who has tried make things better for the people of Thedas. And because she's a mage, she wants to try and make things better for mages like herself (and Hawke, who she sympathises with, after knowing what she went through at Kirkwall) but she also has no problems with Templars, because she knows that for every evil templar, there are good ones (like Cullen) who signed up to help protect people.

My Inquisitor knows she is strong but... idk she's not big-headed about it and knows she wouldn't have got anywhere without the help of her companions and the Inquisition advisors. And she's very happy to have the chance to work with Hawke, who is a mage hero. And ofc she respects the hell out of the Hero of Ferelden.

I'm pretty sure the reason my characters would all get on is because I tried to do what I'd personally do in my shoes... so I guess they're different versions of myself, haha they'd have to get on!

Ah okay. My Inquisitor is a non-believer so she doesn't see herself as the Maker's Chosen One, she just sees herself as someone who has worked hard to stop Corypheus and also someone who has tried make things better for the people of Thedas. And because she's a mage, she wants to try and make things better for mages like herself (and Hawke, who she sympathises with, after knowing what she went through at Kirkwall) but she also has no problems with Templars, because she knows that for every evil templar, there are good ones (like Cullen) who signed up to help protect people.

My Inquisitor knows she is strong but... idk she's not big-headed about it and knows she wouldn't have got anywhere without the help of her companions and the Inquisition advisors. And she's very happy to have the chance to work with Hawke, who is a mage hero. And ofc she respects the hell out of the Hero of Ferelden.

I'm pretty sure the reason my characters would all get on is because I tried to do what I'd personally do in my shoes... so I guess they're different versions of myself, haha they'd have to get on!

That last part makes sense. I see none of myself in Hawke, but I share a link with the warden and especially the inquisitor. And I have a feeling that if I ever did meet me, we'd be very competitive to prove who's the better "me", or we'd think we're assholes, lol. I base that off of my mom saying I'm so much like my dad, and me and dad are competitive in everything, and when we get in debates, it gets rather heated. Then dad says the same thing about me and mom, and it's the same thing, lol. All three of us are very stubborn, and my family claims I'm the cockiest son of a bitch they've ever met, lol.

That last part makes sense. I see none of myself in Hawke, but I share a link with the warden and especially the inquisitor. And I have a feeling that if I ever did meet me, we'd be very competitive to prove who's the better "me", or we'd think we're assholes, lol. I base that off of my mom saying I'm so much like my dad, and me and dad are competitive in everything, and when we get in debates, it gets rather heated. Then dad says the same thing about me and mom, and it's the same thing, lol. All three of us are very stubborn, and my family claims I'm the cockiest son of a bitch they've ever met, lol.

Loool I see. If I ever met myself I'd expect to get on... with myself? Idk I'm not a competitive person, because I tend to follow the belief that if I do a good job at something, or if I'm great at something, someone else doing better doesn't necessarily mean my attempt wasn't good too. And vice versa when I do better than other people. I can get competitive sometimes, but generally I'm more of the approach that I have confidence in my abilities to not need to compare myself to others.

And in terms of my DA characters, I think they are cooler when they are together, being friends. Like okay sure the Inquisitor, Herald of Andraste is pretty cool, as is the Champion of Kirkwall, and the Hero of Ferelden, but stick them all on a team together? Completely unstoppable.

LOL I would never do that to myself
Although it would be difficult knowing if it was truly you on the other end of the phone. Especially because we sound different when we hear ourselves in our heads

LOL I would never do that to myself
Although it would be difficult knowing if it was truly you on the other end of the phone. Especially because we sound different when we hear ourselves in our heads

I'd beat my ass. I could take myself. I know what I'm going to do even before I'm thinking it.

But then, so do I. I wonder if I'd know what I was thinking. But then, what if I'm both thinking it? Am I in my head or am I in my head???

Anyway, I'm an asshole. Nothing like that guy at all.

:hmm:

Anyway, the warden and "Champion of Kirkwall" would just get in my way and try blocking my shine. Fuck 'em. It's my time, now.

This is what makes you weak. The 3 versions of me, in the shape of the Warden, Champion and Inquisitor would team together and pick you all off 1 by 1. Mwahahah

This is what makes you weak. The 3 versions of me, in the shape of the Warden, Champion and Inquisitor would team together and pick you all off 1 by 1. Mwahahah

Pff, if anything, your reliance on eachother makes you weak. While the three of us are rivals and strive to be better than each other. Quality over quantity.

And you're all squishy mages. Ewwww :p

Pff, if anything, your reliance on eachother makes you weak. While the three of us are rivals and strive to be better than each other. Quality over quantity.

And you're all squishy mages. Ewwww :p

you're assuming that my characters are weak unless they are together, and that is certainly not the case!

Plus, my Warden is a rogue not a mage, and an assassin at that! All my mages need is a freeze spell and then a swift stab and you're done for :p

you're assuming that my characters are weak unless they are together, and that is certainly not the case!

Plus, my Warden is a rogue not a mage, and an assassin at that! All my mages need is a freeze spell and then a swift stab and you're done for :p

At least you're smart enough to realize how awesome rogues are in Origins ;) Mine's a rogue too.

But there's one problem. My characters are males, so that means we're superior obviously, so I win, lolololol.

Honestly, the Warden would just seduce at least two out of three, lol. :p :p He was a playa. Which is why I call him the douche in the group.

I'm afraid no matter how much your Warden has managed to seduce you, my characters are all happily in relationships with their ideal men! You're seducing nothing! Except yourself ;)

All your talking about the Warden made me start to replay Origins again. :smiling:

And it is sure as hell annoying that the Warden got no voiceover. *sigh
Nowadays we are used different.

Top Bottom