Full Combat Rebalance 2

+
Ach, I realise that I probably asked in the wrong thread. (posted here: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/513-Full-Combat-Rebalance-Mod-for-The-Witcher-2-is-out!/page5)

So, bought The Witcher 2: EE over the christmas sale via Steam and due to ...well ...life I just finished The Witcher 1 and figured that I'd continue with the sequel. A quick googling beforehand showed that the internet in general seemed to think that FCR2 is a must have. But I'm totally stumped as to how to install it. Is it even possible on a Mac with the game purchased through Steam?

Any tips and help appriciated!

//BN

Hello,
I encountered an interesting bug.
I can't get past the prologue. When I'm trying to break out of jail at the beggining I have two options:
1. Unshackle myself and wait for the guards
or
2. Provoke the guards.
When I choose option 1 the guards walk into the cell and pummel me to death since I have no means to defend myself.
And when I choose option 2, the game goes into the fist fight mini-game, but the problem is the guard, who is in godmode for some reason(his health bar is not showing up. At first I thought it was because of the Dynamic HUD mod, but no).

Help?

EDIT: OK, disabling the Prologue file of the mod for just the fight helped. But! The fight still took, like, a dozen of QTEs. Is that part of the rebalance? Fist fights take more time to beat?

Last edited:
Hi all.
In FCR 2 v1.2 the Ysgith rune has 200% insta-kill property (lol). I've made a very basic fix for this issue. Just extract the following archive into the Witcher 2 installation directory preserving the folder structure (you should have smth like this as a result: "C:\Witcher2\CookedPC\items\def_stats_item_runes.xml").

You obviously shouldn't install this if you have other rune-modifying mod on top of your FCR2.

I have the Steam version and I can't seem to find the items folder in my Witcher 2 directory?

Hey everyone. Quick question.

Patch notes said that Hard is the new Dark difficulty. I'm on Hard now in Flotsam, but see no mention of Dark items. Do I need to restart and pick Dark mode to get the schematics?

Last edited:
I think it's really boring that the kayran armor was removed to be honest, and that the sword you can craft or buy in a shop at the start of a chapter, is better than any other sword you get through quests for that chapter. (chapter 1 and 2 so far). This makes it feel like you don't progress at all (character/gear wise) Only at the start of each chapter, and then you're stuck with the same stuff until the next. That's pretty boring imo. It's more fun to find upgrades throughout each chapter. For example, when I found the sword linked to the dun banner quest, it was actually worse than my chapter 1 sword. What's up with that?

Also, in some fights, when dodging with space, you just dodge (roll) like when not using the mod instead of spinning around. Happens quite often tbh.

The old talent tree was more fun to play around with. It gave you more options, and i also think the alchemy tree is bugged. There are three talents that has the exact same tooltip, and they don't seem to work either, all of those three in the middle saying mutagens applying additional effects. Well they do not (not that I can see at least). Screenshot http://i.imgur.com/vxnlOhL.png

I also think the new quen is pretty bad, and tbh it just feels useless. Having to stand still in order to block with it, why not just dodge? There's literally no incentive to use it.

All in all, I'm quite disappointed with the mod, but probably because friends hyped it up. I don't feel like it's for me, but I'm sure others like it. Just thought i'd leave my feedback.

The thing that bothers me the most is the extremely boring gear progression.

Last edited:
Also: WARNING

Don't get this mod if you ever want to remove it.

It leaves traces even if you uninstall it. If you uninstall it and try to play, the game becomes a mix of the original and the mod, it's really weird.

Had to remove the game and everything associated with it, and then reinstall it.

Just a heads up.

Guys, tell me how fixed a grass
after the installation of the mod grass looks somewhat ragged
View attachment 268View attachment 269
after tripping FCR and the grass is displayed correctly.

I'm having this exact problem as well. These invisible stripes through the grass with this mod on.
It seems to replace the original grass textures for some strange reason even though it's a combat mod.
It also doesn't work with the grass color fix so in addition to it having invisible stripes everywhere, the grass is also yellow close up.
Which is a problem because of the way the game handles LOD's and how the distant grass texture is a different color to the close up grass texture.

Anyone got a working FOV mod for FCR 1.2? I would really like third person view but sadly puroko's FOV mod is said to only be compatible with 1.1a. Please help if you know how to change it :p

I'm also interested in some option for a Field of View option. It seems a little low by default.

FCR2 1.2 doesn't seem to fix the Summer's Crown and Winter's Shroud attributes being missing. I only installed FCR2 well after 1.2 had been released being that I only bought Witcher 1 and 2 last month.

Additionally, where do people even find the "geralt_basic.xml" that's mentioned in the FCR2 1.2 changelog that's talked about for modifying the enemy_health multiplier? There doesn't seem to be one in any of the FCR2 dzip files (either in the FCR2 script.dzip or pack0.dzips) and the source files folder only had 1 weird xml file that seems to just be all the text in the game. If I extract geralt_basic.xml from the pack0 in CookedPC this seems to be a much older version of geralt_basic even though my game is patched to 3.4 and not only does it not have an enemy_health variable but it also is missing any references to Summer's Crown and Winter's Shroud so the only way to force those back into the game was the fix for 1.1 the guy uploaded back on page 50 something.

I'm having this exact problem as well. These invisible stripes through the grass with this mod on.
It seems to replace the original grass textures for some strange reason even though it's a combat mod.
It also doesn't work with the grass color fix so in addition to it having invisible stripes everywhere, the grass is also yellow close up.
Which is a problem because of the way the game handles LOD's and how the distant grass texture is a different color to the close up grass texture.
Same for me and don't know how to fix this=(

Additionally, where do people even find the "geralt_basic.xml" that's mentioned in the FCR2 1.2 changelog that's talked about for modifying the enemy_health multiplier? There doesn't seem to be one in any of the FCR2 dzip files
it's in z_fcr2_data,1.dzip
@Say: I don't have the FCR2 mod installed, but these are the "grass files" I found:
fcr2_a0\pack0\environment_levels\shaders
05.03.2013 11:27 3.882 grassmat.w2mg

fcr2_a0\pack0\environment_levels\vegetation\grass\textures
05.03.2013 11:27 175.326 grass_hanselt_01.xbm

Maybe extract the vanilla files form pack0.dzip and place them in the appropriate folders in \CookedPC?
Don't know if this will change anything but seems to be worth a try.

Last edited:
Thanks shak-otay, but nothing happens. It strange that not many people bother about that, because that is obviously FCR bug.

EDIT:
After finishing the mod I have two thoughts:

1. Combat fix solution is superb.
This is what witcher combat should look like from the start. Combat side of FCR2 is a must for the game.
However
2. Item simplification side of the mod unfortunately totally SUX - my first hype is gone.
I feel really dissappointed with many items and vanillla findings removed or much redone. At first I was amazed how ellegant things were simplified. Now I feel that the author just didn't have time to polish the mod so he just used "delete" on many occassions.
I understood that the "lore reality" Geralt would rather use one sword or jacket, changing nothing for the most of the time. But for the RPG game reality all becames quite plain with the mod on.

FCR2 would be much better with just combat fixed, the rest left COMPLETLY untouched.
This is my suggestion for FCR3.

Last edited:
The aliased looking grass can be reverted back by removing the grassmat.w2mg (pack0\environment_levels\shaders) from each of the pack0.dzip installed by FCR. I used Gibbed's RED Tools for unpacking and packing back.

I know this thread is wrong to ask, but the witcher 1 forums nearly dead, so... Regarding FCR for witcher 1 - im expiriencing nasty bug: after being feared with group style monsters (ghouls actually) become absolutely passive and the only way to make them attack Geralt again is to hit them.
I presume there are no way to fix this, since i could not even find anyone posting about this, but maybe there is a possibility to contact Flash? I can't PM him, and it looks like he abandoned mod.

Forgive me if this has been mentioned, but Axii has a bug in FCR2 for my game. When I sucessfully use it on an enemy, Geralt freezes with his hand outstretched and I cannot move. I get beaten to death from there. Also, the animation for Igni is completely missing. Could there be something wrong with my intstall, or are these known bugs?

Also, I thought I came across an excel file with the full details of the item changes and vendors in this mod, but I can't find it for the life of me now. If someone could link me to it, that would be appreciated!

Sorry i just canT keep my anger down.Which moron's idea was the make selkirk mini fight soo fucking hard that enemy can one shot me while I have to jiggle jaggle and only can win by RNG?

Not sure if this is the thread for it, but I'm on Act 1 and 2 red meteorite ore away from crafting the silver sword of the Blasphemer's outfit. I've tried meditating and changing loading zones, but I can't get Berthold Candeleria to refresh his supply of Red Meteorite Ore, even though I've seen his quantities of silver/iron ore change. According to the FCR 2 documentation, he ought to be spawning some, so I'm a little confused. Has anyone else run into this and / or has some steps on how to fix it?

I have encountered a problem, it seems that during the Vergen chapter (II) the dark mode effects have reactivated themselves. Before this mod I used the 'disable dark effect mod' which afterwards I removed.
What's worse is that all the weapons that aren't part of the dark sets also get this effect. I don't know how to fix it.
Any ideas?

Okay, for some reason now it disabled itself.

Last edited:
That is the "Adrenaline effect" from the high end of the swordsman tree. It provides a very useful boost to your killing ability, but goes away if you discharge your adrenaline by using one of the other skills that can release it, or by certain other effects (noted in the skill tree/documentation). (E.g. Group finishers I think use a full bar to 'end a group fight' in one go).

I liked the results of this more than any alternative so played most combats with it active.

Top Bottom